+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi
Does temporary file number work to get open work permit.
Bounded work permit ends next month.
Just as need file number to obtain open work permit.
Nope temporary file number means nothing. If you apply with temporary file number it will be rejected. You need actual AOR. Also if you have PGWP , you don’t need AOR but you can apply under new policy.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hello actually my Indian passport is water damage, like not too much but the cover is. Should I get a new passport or it will be fine if I send the damage passport upon passport request for PR
Response will be appreciated
Thanks
Any damage to cover or the biometrics page, especially water is not accepted. Please change the passport ASAP. Its definitely not valid for travel. If you are from India, they will make you pay fine + get an affidavit stating that you understand that it is Govt. of India property and that you will be super careful in future. If you are in Canada, not sure if BLS wants the old passport or not.

Brarj24

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Any damage to cover or the biometrics page, especially water is not accepted. Please change the passport ASAP. Its definitely not valid for travel. If you are from India, they will make you pay fine + get an affidavit stating that you understand that it is Govt. of India property and that you will be super careful in future. If you are in Canada, not sure if BLS wants the old passport or not.
Yes I am in Canada , I was just worrying about if damaged passport might affect my PR application. But I guess I don’t need passport for that. Anyway I’ll be getting a new one.
it takes too long to renew it so I was concerned just in case IRCC request me for my passport and then I couldn’t because I have to send my damage passport as well and don’t know how long it’ll take.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Yes I am Canada , I was just worrying about if damaged passport might affect my PR application. But I guess I don’t need passport for that. Anyway I’ll be getting a new one.
it takes too long to renew it so I was concerned just in case IRCC ask me for my passport and then I couldn’t because I have to send my damage passport as well.
If you are in Canada, then IRCC wont ask for passport. Atleast not under normal circumstances. If your PR is round the corner, wait for it. If you will get PR a lot later, then renew the passport and send the new scan copy to IRCC. Probably will raise red flags as to why you renewed passport even though its not expiring anytime soon. Emergency travel is also something you need to keep in mind.