+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Fabio P

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi!
What is the purpose of getting a temporary file number?
Peace of mind? With a temporary file number you know at least that IRCC has your application. They might still return it to you because it is incomplete, but with that letter you can extend your PNP nomination.

Sandynguyen

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
Some inlands received PAL in the picture i attached. PAL isn’t sent to all applicants. Some got PR without PAL.
You are correct. Getting PAL can be considered Eligibility passed (just peace in mind)! Hope our May ARs will got good news soon! . My another application in EE AOR Oct 2020 with 54% processing time but no update except MP and Reviewing additional documents. Waiting is really stressful!

Reactions: J20190911 and td88

starboy007

Nov 12, 2020
Hi Guys,
My AR is July 9th and I already got my temporary file number few weeks back. Today I called ircc to check about my file because as per the trends I should already received my aor but as of now didn't. Agent told me they have sent over a letter to me on Jan 15th but till date I have not received any. Do you guys have any idea what that letter might be rearding and how many days it usually take to get it delivered?

jt2019

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Hi Guys,
My AR is July 9th and I already got my temporary file number few weeks back. Today I called ircc to check about my file because as per the trends I should already received my aor but as of now didn't. Agent told me they have sent over a letter to me on Jan 15th but till date I have not received any. Do you guys have any idea what that letter might be rearding and how many days it usually take to get it delivered?
likely its AOR letter, are you having a representative? If not, please check your email box.

Reactions: starboy007

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
My friend she called today around 2:30 to cic , as her medical status is not updated yet since dec 8, 2020.one thing was clear that they have record for how many times we call in past. Nothing effective told except to wait and be patient. Her file is at 87% and 11 weeks left for completing the process. Aor and ar was 2019 sep.
What is your friend's AR and AOR date ?

Did she/he got MR or upfront ?

jt2019

Star Member
May 20, 2020
yes, doesn't show anything. Agent did asked my as to how many times I have submitted the file and I was just just once. I also asked if they returned my file due to it being incomplete but she was like no I dont see anything regarding returning.
Interesting. At least we know it's not because of the file missing. I suggest that you can wait for a few days and if still get no update, then call ircc again to confirm.

MrBrian77

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
04-01-2021

MrBrian77

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
17-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
04-01-2021
Are you an inland? By the way, you don't receive PAL yet, which means you don't know yet eligibility pass. Please call cic to confirm eligibility if you have time.
I am in land and sorry what is Pal??

starboy007

Nov 12, 2020
Interesting. At least we know it's not because of the file missing. I suggest that you can wait for a few days and if still get no update, then call ircc again to confirm.
Yes, I believe for paper based applications there is no other option except waiting. Also when I try searching by file while on call (using my temporary number), they say (automated answering machine) my file was received on June 11th and when I called them few weeks back to get my temporary file number then agent told me that my file was received on July 9th.
All weird stuff happening with me.

KPSR

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys. I have my lawyer as a representative and I got few questions

My AR is 20th June 2020
AOR: 18th January 2021

After that, I did not hear any update from my lawyer yet. He said he will update me if there is any request. Wondering someone from the same timeline can assist if they have received a request for biometrics or Medical yet?

Also, he mentioned my estimated time is 12 months so is that a maximum time frame or the decision could be made before that?

I came here on a student visa completed my education and when I checked my biometrics validity they are still valid but were done back home in 2015 so do I have to get my bio matrics done again?

I asked my lawyer if I can get upfront medical he said not now wait until they request any comment or suggestion?

If you have the almost same timeline, please message me so we can stay in touch as this thread got so many things going on.
Did you pay biometrics fees while submitting your pr application ?