+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Vbassi

Jul 9, 2020
Hello Everyone
Need help and advise. I just received a letter feom IRCC asking for proof of utilities and bills in our joint names. My spouse and I are living with my in-laws and we are not renting feom them. So, we don’t own the house and have no utilities in our names, there is no rental agreement in place either as they are not charging us anything. We don’t own any cars so no car lease in place either. We just have joint bank account and drivers lic to prove the same address. Is that enough to satisfy the Immigration officer? Is there anything else we can add to prove the cohabitation...please advise

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Hello Everyone
Need help and advise. I just received a letter feom IRCC asking for proof of utilities and bills in our joint names. My spouse and I are living with my in-laws and we are not renting feom them. So, we don’t own the house and have no utilities in our names, there is no rental agreement in place either as they are not charging us anything. We don’t own any cars so no car lease in place either. We just have joint bank account and drivers lic to prove the same address. Is that enough to satisfy the Immigration officer? Is there anything else we can add to prove the cohabitation...please advise
When was your app received?

Reactions: Vbassi

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Yes, already received that...
It’s strange that after receiving both SA and AIP they sent that letter, anyway u could try sending a letter of explanation and also send phone bills, bank statements, letter from your in-laws confirming that u both live with them, Amazon statements and every other statements u can think of.

Reactions: J20190911

Vbassi

Jul 9, 2020
It’s strange that after receiving both SA and AIP they sent that letter, anyway u could try sending a letter of explanation and also send phone bills, bank statements, letter from your in-laws confirming that u both live with them, Amazon statements and every other statements u can think of.
Thanks, for the quick reply. Will that be enough documentation though...

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Thanks, for the quick reply. Will that be enough documentation though...
Tbh not sure as it totally depends on the officer so make sure the bills/statements u are sending are for 12 consecutive months prior to when u submitted your app.

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Well I'm giving my opinion based on my experience I got AIP on the 1st of February and 22 days later after the decision was made for me (feb2nd) I checked the online tool and saw it said I landed at Etobicoke IRCC, but I have yet to get an email with copr or anything sent from them
What's your time line

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Tbh not sure as it totally depends on the officer so make sure the bills/statements u are sending are for 12 consecutive months prior to when u submitted your app.
After summitting all this bank statement and phone bill's to IRCC how much time do you think someone will wait to get his or her PR.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Hello Everyone
That's weird..bcz you already received SA...:( I'm not sure what IRCC wants to confirm tho, anyway you should send anything which proves you and your spouse are living together. I think a letter from your parents might work too(with their signatures)

anotherMel

Sep 7, 2021
Anyone still waiting? I got AIP in July and there are no further updates since. How long does it take from AIP to decision made? Thanks

Feb 21, 2020
Anyone still waiting? I got AIP in July and there are no further updates since. How long does it take from AIP to decision made? Thanks
Order GCMS notes to check what is actually happening with your application.
and did your file moved to Etobicoke IRCC office by any chance.?

anotherMel

Sep 7, 2021
Order GCMS notes to check what is actually happening with your application.
and did your file moved to Etobicoke IRCC office by any chance.?
Thank you for your reply. I ordered GCMS in May and got it in July and next day I got AIP. There is nothing special on the GCMS that I can notice. I ordered GCMS in August again because the waiting is way too long compare to others.