+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Pepperzzz

Mar 23, 2020
USA
Category........
FAM
Submitted my inland application + owp. Though I am wondering if it is a bad idea to apply for a temp work permit in the meantime?

zephyr785

May 2, 2018
Submitted my inland application + owp. Though I am wondering if it is a bad idea to apply for a temp work permit in the meantime?
Not a bad idea if you're going to lose status soon. I applied for LMIA based work permit after my inland PR application, and I got my WP in 3 mos. I don't know how long it will take though with the current situation. If you're not losing status very soon, just wait for your OWP.

Reactions: J20190911

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Has anyone from Manitoba been able to get their biometrics done, if so how did you go about doing it? It looks like all collection centers are still closed here.

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
Hi guys

I got an email with a pdf document from IRCC yesterday.
The pdf was about needing more information to process my application.

It says
Proof of Cohabitation: You did not provide sufficient evidence of cohabitation. Please provide additional evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner has been continuously cohabiting with their sponsor for at least 1 year prior to the receipt of the application (2020/01/08). These may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards indicating both you and your sponsor's names, Jointly signed ownership of residential property, Jointly signed residential leases, Jointly signed mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms, Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties showing the same address (i.e identification documents, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies).

We dont have joint bank accounts or credit cards since we mainly use my credit card for our expenses and she just etransfers money to me when she needs to (we sent all etransfer transactions between us already in my PR application)

We dont own property or a house together. We're living her parent's place, so we have never officially signed anything although her dad wrote a document for us stating we have been living together and paying rent together which I have already sent in the first place.

She doesn't drive, so my car insurance is only on my name. We have already sent our driver's license that states the same address.

Do you guys have any ideas of something more we could send?

Any ideas help!

Thank you

Reactions: J20190911

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi guys

It says
Proof of Cohabitation: You did not provide sufficient evidence of cohabitation. Please provide additional evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner has been continuously cohabiting with their sponsor for at least 1 year prior to the receipt of the application (2020/01/08). These may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards indicating both you and your sponsor's names, Jointly signed ownership of residential property, Jointly signed residential leases, Jointly signed mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms, Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties showing the same address (i.e identification documents, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies).

We dont have joint bank accounts or credit cards since we mainly use my credit card for our expenses and she just etransfers money to me when she needs to (we sent all etransfer transactions between us already in my PR application)

We dont own property or a house together. We're living her parent's place, so we have never officially signed anything although her dad wrote a document for us stating we have been living together and paying rent together which I have already sent in the first place.

She doesn't drive, so my car insurance is only on my name. We have already sent our driver's license that states the same address.

Any ideas help!

Thank you
If you guys have cell phones and have the same carrier I would just add her on the billing so it shows her name. My hubby and I do share a bank account. However we have water, hydro and internet in both if our names. When I moved up here my hubby added my name to the bills really in just one day. It showed up in a billing statement the next month. These are all options you can do. If your father in law can actually write you out receipts for the rent you paid or have you both sign a contract showing you have lease agreement with them for the next 6 months year etc have that notarized that could help. Hope all goes well for you!

omar1983

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

Since i linked my PR application to my GCKey account, i see :
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

How can i know when they started the Background check. Is this message standard for all (I mean do we see always this message even if they haven't started Background check).

Are there some persons who have a different message?

Thank you for all your responses

zephyr785

May 2, 2018
Hi guys

It says

Any ideas help!

Thank you
Just curious, are you married or common law?

871012wang

May 27, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
Hi everyone,

Since i linked my PR application to my GCKey account, i see :
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

How can i know when they started the Background check. Is this message standard for all (I mean do we see always this message even if they haven't started Background check).

Are there some persons who have a different message?

Thank you for all your responses
It doesn’t matter. It will keep this condition before Decision Made as my 2017 experience.

Reactions: Phalos

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
If you guys have cell phones and have the same carrier I would just add her on the billing so it shows her name. My hubby and I do share a bank account. However we have water, hydro and internet in both if our names. When I moved up here my hubby added my name to the bills really in just one day. It showed up in a billing statement the next month. These are all options you can do. If your father in law can actually write you out receipts for the rent you paid or have you both sign a contract showing you have lease agreement with them for the next 6 months year etc have that notarized that could help. Hope all goes well for you!
Thank for your reply!

I'll look into our phone bills. We don't pay hydro, so we cant do it , but I guess I could ask father in law for the rent payment receipts. But I'm wondering if those recipes are going to be valid because I have never asked ones, so he has to prepare ones now for the past transactions. And no, we never signed anything like lease agreement. It's just her family, so we juts made a verbal contract how much rent when is the due kind of things.

What else did you send with your PR application for proof of cohabitation?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank for your reply!

I'll look into our phone bills. We don't pay hydro, so we cant do it , but I guess I could ask father in law for the rent payment receipts. But I'm wondering if those recipes are going to be valid because I have never asked ones, so he has to prepare ones now for the past transactions. And no, we never signed anything like lease agreement. It's just her family, so we juts made a verbal contract how much rent when is the due kind of things.

What else did you send with your PR application for proof of cohabitation?
Try sending tax forms with your address or filing jointly.