+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Pepperzzz

Mar 23, 2020
USA
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone, just wanted some information on my situation for the inland application + OWP.

I submitted and sent mine on the first week of July. Though I understand the delays with covid and everything that it will take longer than usual. It arrived there 4 days later to their po box. But that is the last I have hear of it. I have paid all the fees except biometrics cause it is closed though I am expecting an email to pay for it. So I'm wondering when I would most likely get an email for for it being recieved and starting the processing?

Thank you

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hey everyone, just wanted some information on my situation for the inland application + OWP.

I submitted and sent mine on the first week of July. Though I understand the delays with covid and everything that it will take longer than usual. It arrived there 4 days later to their po box. But that is the last I have hear of it. I have paid all the fees except biometrics cause it is closed though I am expecting an email to pay for it. So I'm wondering when I would most likely get an email for for it being recieved and starting the processing?

Thank you
Hi. Be prepared to wait a long time. Applications sent in January and February are just receiving notices of receipt. Normally the waiting time is a couple of weeks, but now due to COVID there are no normal timelines. I shipped my package the first week of February, and according to the post office they received it two days after we shipped it, my husband received the email AOR last week.

Reactions: J20190911

Pepperzzz

Mar 23, 2020
USA
Category........
FAM
Hi. Be prepared to wait a long time. Applications sent in January and February are just receiving notices of receipt. Normally the waiting time is a couple of weeks, but now due to COVID there are no normal timelines. I shipped my package the first week of February, and according to the post office they received it two days after we shipped it, my husband received the email AOR last week.
Thank you for responding, that answer helps.
Though I am also wondering what about getting a visitor record again? I am american so I have 6 months of visitor status. I was told by a guard though to apply for a TRV but it expired a couple days ago. I called ircc and they said because I submitted the application, I would be classified under "implied status". Though I am not sure if that is completely certain since there is no processing for my application. But the only proof I have is paying for the fees.

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Thank you for responding, that answer helps.
Though I am also wondering what about getting a visitor record again? I am american so I have 6 months of visitor status. I was told by a guard though to apply for a TRV but it expired a couple days ago. I called ircc and they said because I submitted the application, I would be classified under "implied status". Though I am not sure if that is completely certain since there is no processing for my application. But the only proof I have is paying for the fees.
I can only help you with my personal experience.

I am Mexican, upon entering Canada I explained to the immigration agent at the airport that my husband and I were going to do the Sponsorship Inland process. He gave me a Visitor Record for six months too. In March we requested the extension of this Record, because we had no indication that our process had started. The migration page said that the process would take 112 days. We apply online. We received approval for the extension in June. A few days before we received an email reminding us to make the payment for the biometrics for Sponsorship, but we already payed it on our application.

We did the extension just to avoid problems, despite the fact that several forums and facebook groups told us that it had Implied Status. 100 dollars seemed reasonable to us to be a little more calm. If you applied for the OWP I think you should restore your Status until the confirmation that you received your package.