+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
Seeing as the only folks who are getting OWPs approved seem to be people who have previously given Biometrics, does this mean people who have not are completely out of luck? Has anyone been able to get confirmation from an IRCC agent as to whether they are approving OWPs for people without Biometrics?

I understand that Biometrics are necessary for the PR, but you would think that since the OWP is technically a temporary resident status / work visa, it would fall under their latest ruling saying that Biometrics are waived (from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#temporary-canada):

Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you’re applying from within Canada

• to extend your stay as a student, worker or visitor
  • to restore your status as a student, worker or visitor
  • for a work or study permit
  • for a visitor visa
  • for a temporary resident permit
This applies to all new applications as well as applications already in progress.

It applies even if

• your application form for a work permit, study permit or visitor visa says it’s for applicants outside Canada
  • our online application system asks you to pay a biometric fee (CAN$85)
This temporary measure does not apply if you’re outside Canada.

Reactions: Krystajo

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Seeing as the only folks who are getting OWPs approved seem to be people who have previously given Biometrics, does this mean people who have not are completely out of luck? Has anyone been able to get confirmation from an IRCC agent as to whether they are approving OWPs for people without Biometrics?

I understand that Biometrics are necessary for the PR, but you would think that since the OWP is technically a temporary resident status / work visa, it would fall under their latest ruling saying that Biometrics are waived (from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#temporary-canada):
No one really gets confirmation from IRCC for anything unless it's posted in an operational bulletin on their website; information from the call centre will give you 6 answers to a yes/no question.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Min is valid till March 2028, still was asked for the biometric 2 days ago.
Did you get a biometrics request, a biometrics fee request, or a biometrics instruction letter (used to actually give biometrics)?

If you've given biometrics for a temporary visa before, you are still required to give biometrics for the PR application.

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Did you get a biometrics request, a biometrics fee request, or a biometrics instruction letter (used to actually give biometrics)?

If you've given biometrics for a temporary visa before, you are still required to give biometrics for the PR application.
Yeah I had my student visa biometric valid, but I was asked to pay the money for PR application which I did and today I got the email that it's attached to my CIC account