+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
Yes . i have received paper copy. Not Authorized to Work in Agricultural work..
What about "health service field occupation"?

The reason why I am asking is that my OWP(post graduation work permit)I had last time said not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations.
I'm just worried if my new OWP I have been waiting is going to have the same restriction because I'm thinking of working in the health care field.

Thanks!

nitindelhi04

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
What about "health service field occupation"?

The reason why I am asking is that my OWP(post graduation work permit)I had last time said not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations.
I'm just worried if my new OWP I have been waiting is going to have the same restriction because I'm thinking of working in the health care field.

Thanks!

..Not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations and agricultural.

gchan

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
..Not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations and agricultural.
You can likely get that restriction removed if you call and ask, and submit a medical. I believe it’s there because there is no medical required for the OWP.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can likely get that restriction removed if you call and ask, and submit a medical. I believe it’s there because there is no medical required for the OWP.
You need to submit a medical *and* apply to have conditions changed - normally would take a few weeks to a month, these days, who knows how long it will take. You can't call and ask the conditions be changed.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Medical conditions to be imposed for open employer but occupation restricted work permits

If a medical examination was not completed, one of the conditions below must be imposed. The specific occupational sector restriction will depend on whether the person has resided in a designated or non-designated country.

For persons from non-designated countries, the following condition should appear on the work permit: “Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations.”

For persons from designated countries, the following condition should appear on the work permit: “Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations, 4) agricultural occupations.”

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
OWP document has been received.

Timeline as follows:

Application Received: Jan 09, 2020
AOR: March 03, 2020
Biometrics Correspondence Letter: July 22, 2020
Contacted IRCC on July 23, 2020 and they said that it has been approved on July 22, 2020
OWP approved on GCKey: July 30, 2020
OWP document received: August 05, 2020

Above has been updated on the spreadsheet as well:

Tracker

Last edited:
Reactions: edenfair

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Medical conditions to be imposed for open employer but occupation restricted work permits

If a medical examination was not completed, one of the conditions below must be imposed. The specific occupational sector restriction will depend on whether the person has resided in a designated or non-designated country.

For persons from non-designated countries, the following condition should appear on the work permit: “Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations.”

For persons from designated countries, the following condition should appear on the work permit: “Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations, 4) agricultural occupations.”
This is a quote from the International Mobility Program. Do you have a citation that says it applies to spousal permits?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
This is a quote from the International Mobility Program. Do you have a citation that says it applies to spousal permits?
I got it from a CIC publication on conditions for all work permits (including general and specific) and this part is for (all) open work permits. Will find the link in a few minutes for you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I got it from a CIC publication on conditions for all work permits (including general and specific) and this part is for (all) open work permits. Will find the link in a few minutes for you
No, I have the link, thanks. I'm just puzzled because I've never seen the agricultural exemption before.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
No, I have the link, thanks. I'm just puzzled because I've never seen the agricultural exemption before.
You might be right. I have always seen conditions to work in childcare and health settings and other vulnerable groups but not this one. At first I thought it was because I was concentrating on my area and hence missed this one, but now I just I asked my neighbour (she works for CPC Edmonton) she says it hasn’t always been there

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You might be right. I have always seen conditions to work in childcare and health settings and other vulnerable groups but not this one. At first I thought it was because I was concentrating on my area and hence missed this one, but now I just I asked my neighbour (she works for CPC Edmonton) she says it hasn’t always been there
Thanks for checking. Anyways, we're not thinking of working in agriculture anyways, but hey. New thing to avoid.