+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone
I wanna link my OWP to my CIC account, I linked my PR but I dont know how to link my OWP, there is no category for OWP, what is the category for OWP?

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Oh sorry, you were able to link the PR application so then you know her Uci.
Okay, so you simply log in to the account and go to add(link) your application to your account.
In the category, select temporary residence
In the sub category, work permit and extension
I chose to use uci, family name option and passport to link.
What type of work permit, Open
This is how I linked my owp application to my account.
So it's like two separate PR and OWP applications going on the account.
I can monitor both of them on my account.

The PR one gives me the progress bar thing with % but seems like OWP one doesn't give us one.

You probably know this already but the ircc website tells us if you have submitted an application for an owp, your work permit will normally be processed within 4 months.

Hope this helps
Good luck!
H
I haven't got any mail yet through post. My husband just got an email which has uci and application number, isn't AOR ? This is the email
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/01/24 on behalf of the following member(s):
Sima ...
Hey
I linked my PR application to my account, now I'm trying to do the same for my OWP, can you tell me what category did you choose for linking your OWP? There isnt any OPW one

Thank you

Reactions: Ms.kaka

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Hi everyone
I wanna link my OWP to my CIC account, I linked my PR but I dont know how to link my OWP, there is no category for OWP, what is the category for OWP?
Hi,

Please chose Temporary Residence -> Work Permit and Extension and then input your details.

Other fields that you might want to keep an eye:

What type of work permit are you applying for? "
Open (initial application or extension)"

Which situation applies to the applicant: "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada."

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vaishnav

KGo

Jul 23, 2018
When can we expect medical requests?
Also, has anyone seen any movement in the application?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
When can we expect medical requests?
Also, has anyone seen any movement in the application?
I would not be very hopeful as long as panel physicians are closed. We cant expect to get medical requests at this time

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

Please chose Temporary Residence -> Work Permit and Extension and then input your details.

Other fields that you might want to keep an eye:

What type of work permit are you applying for? "
Open (initial application or extension)"

Which situation applies to the applicant: "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada."

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vaishnav
Thank you
Ive tried this one for one week it couldnt find my application. so i should keep trying different matches

Nitin_India

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Applied PR Spouse Visa and Open Work Permit- Inland
Application sent 31st December 2019
Application received- 2nd January 2020
Received AOR on Email- 28th February 2020
Status - We started processing your application on February 27, 2020
Already Upfront Medical done and sent with Application.

I am waiting for my OWP..

Wasp21

Feb 13, 2019
December folks are receiving their OWP approvals now. So, at least a month from now (hopefully soon).
A month is very optimistic at this point. Taking a look at the November and December OWP approvals, the approval capacity per week seems to have been cut by more than half, and the average days between application received and OWP approval is increasing by about 5 days every week, with the most recent December approvals taking around 148 days.

Unless the IRCC goes back to full capacity in the next few weeks, I don't see anyone from January getting OWP approval for at least another 2 months.

LoveIt

Nov 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just to update, my application was received on Jan31st and I just got my AOR in my wife's email. It seems like they are still processing applications at a small pace.

Not able to link my application yet. I guess I will receive another email with an application number or something?

LoveIt

Nov 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

Just to update, my application was received on Jan31st and I just got my AOR in my wife's email. It seems like they are still processing applications at a small pace.

Not able to link my application yet. I guess I will receive another email with an application number or something?
Ok just noticed this in the letter: "Due to current delays, your application has not been assigned a unique file number at this time. A second letter containing a unique file number will be sent to you on a later date."

kavitpatel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Same for me bro. My application was recieved on 3rd feb 2020 and I got an AOR email yesterday with same note.