+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

SanDhu61

Jul 18, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-02-2020
Geez, I'm getting nervous. I don't know when my visitor status will be expired... and I don't think it will be done in time for my application to begin processing. Am I correct in thinking it will be 2 months for them to start on my app and then 2-3 more months for owp?
Hi! Your status doesn’t matter once you have applied for spousal application the day you apply the file you are fine (If the applicant meets all other requirements of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, their requirements for status and the inadmissibility related to the lack of status is waived by this public policy under A25)

Reactions: carmengabrielle

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Meaning next week we may get AOR? :oops: Fingers and Toes Crossed!
Please I am quite confused on how to arrange my documents, because they requested barcode pages after checklist, my question is

1 :should I take all the barcode pages from all the forms and add them together and place it after the checklist ...before placing the forms without the barcode pages according to the checklist.

2:I will be submitting work permit should I still place the work permit barcode page with the others together or separately after the others before outing the work permit form.

:which kind of envelope is good to put my forms in is it the normal brown envelope of any size? And do I have to seal it, and do I have to write anything on the envelope ?

Or should i put the work permit after the checklist and should the work permit barcode come first before the filled form or it’s okay to live it at its original position after the validation of the form.

before arranging the sponsorship forms
Should I leave the barcode pages in its original positions after validations or I should move them to the 1st positions of each filled forms
And some forms have up to 2 pages of barcodes pages

Casg

Sep 15, 2017
Please I am quite confused on how to arrange my documents, because they requested barcode pages after checklist, my question is

1 :should I take all the barcode pages from all the forms and add them together and place it after the checklist ...before placing the forms without the barcode pages according to the checklist.

2:I will be submitting work permit should I still place the work permit barcode page with the others together or separately after the others before outing the work permit form.

:which kind of envelope is good to put my forms in is it the normal brown envelope of any size? And do I have to seal it, and do I have to write anything on the envelope ?

Or should i put the work permit after the checklist and should the work permit barcode come first before the filled form or it’s okay to live it at its original position after the validation of the form.

before arranging the sponsorship forms
Should I leave the barcode pages in its original positions after validations or I should move them to the 1st positions of each filled forms
And some forms have up to 2 pages of barcodes pages

Documents should be as follows:

- Check list
- Open Work permit Application ( I included OWP checklist, Receipt and supporting Docs of OWP, I know there are few papers are the same but just make copies)
- Barcodes
-Receipt
- Supporting documents

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Documents should be as follows:

- Check list
- Open Work permit Application ( I included OWP checklist, Receipt and supporting Docs of OWP, I know there are few papers are the same but just make copies)
- Barcodes
-Receipt
- Supporting documents
Please should I add the barcodes pages together?

purpleorange_89

Feb 24, 2020
Hi all!
Just joined to see how all you January people are getting on!
App received 6th jan 2020..
IEC work visa runs out 27th Feb 2020.. in 4 days...
Waiting on AOR, with no fingernails left!!

Reactions: robillalovic2

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
My application, received 1/22 was just returned by mail today. We forgot to include the letter of assessment. We're likely going to now file outland considering how crazy fast it's currently be processed. It sucks, but at least they got it looked over in under a month rather than two!

Reactions: 871012wang

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My application, received 1/22 was just returned by mail today. We forgot to include the letter of assessment. We're likely going to now file outland considering how crazy fast it's currently be processed. It sucks, but at least they got it looked over in under a month rather than two!
Sorry about your application being returned. By the way what assessment letter is this...or is it? This process is making us paranoid, now i'm thinking about missing some assessment letter lol. Anyhow If you believe your application is straight forward; or you're from a country where their applications aren't looked at with much scrutiny (noticed there are some countries in particular where their applications can take forever); or you do not have accompanying dependent children (who are with you in Canada and might need to attend school during the process) you just go for outland. Otherwise if there some complications (we can never tell) it might end up being processed in 12 months as well, and then you'd need to extend your status etc.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Caseyarnold - assessment - is this CRA Notice of Assessment for Taxes ? - Yes this must be included as per checklist

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
Application sent January 7th 2020 Received on 9th January 2020
99% next week - keep a watch on emails - if nothing comes by - for a week or so - keep a watch on mailbox..
however - I wish you good luck for AOR - assuming you have followed all of the checklist well

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
Please should I add the barcodes pages together?
Orobos - I appreciate that you are taking time to seek answers - not all of them may be fully sufficient..

Simply follow the checklist for Spousal applications- they are very easy and simple - You have to read them slowly

It does also say - at the bottom of guide - what to place after what doc, not to use clips, so on and so forth -

***Just for you - from the guide**
Now that you’ve finished preparing your application, you can submit it for processing. You should do the following:

1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

Good Luck,