+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Gah! Going through the November and December Outland threads and people are already receiving PPR and we haven’t even gotten AOR yet for beginning of January Inland. Making me wish we just bit the bullet and had done Outland without the OWP... just figured the OWP would be beneficial for a year-long process but if people are getting PR within 2 months it makes no sense

Robillalovic

Jun 1, 2018
If your application was returned to you for missing documents or signature it was not in a queue to be processed. When you resubmit, you start again.
I understand but what I'm saying is that I emailed the CIC on Tuesday and today I received an email from them:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received.

To find out how long it may take to process your application, please visit the processing times page.

Robillalovic

Jun 1, 2018
I understand but what I'm saying is that I emailed the CIC on Tuesday and today I received an email from them:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received.

To find out how long it may take to process your application, please visit the processing times page.
Does that mean they have verified and concluded that my app is complete so now they will process it

Elliotm1

Jan 30, 2020
outland is going so fast, almost makes me wonder if we should pull our inland application and resubmit via outland... People who applied end of November are already getting PPR, so that's only 2.5 months for the whole process, while we're waiting 2 months just for AOR!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
outland is going so fast, almost makes me wonder if we should pull our inland application and resubmit via outland... People who applied end of November are already getting PPR, so that's only 2.5 months for the whole process, while we're waiting 2 months just for AOR!
It's tempting, isn't it?

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
That’s what I was saying! I didn’t know you could pull it- can you do that before AOR and do you have to disclose that you applied before? Seriously considering doing that. AOR and everything else coming within 2 weeks by the looks of it

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
That’s what I was saying! I didn’t know you could pull it- can you do that before AOR and do you have to disclose that you applied before? Seriously considering doing that. AOR and everything else coming within 2 weeks by the looks of it
I would suggest that you continue with your inland process to avoid any unforseen problems. When you start getting response you would see how things goes sometimes quick. Time fly by quick. Do not forget that application processing time (inland & outland) depends on the nature of your application, how complete was the application and other factors. I know someone that got his spousal inland PR within 7 months. Goodluck with your decision

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Did someone get AOR already? On the spreadsheet it says their application received January 24th and AOR received Feb 6th.

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I would suggest that you continue with your inland process to avoid any unforseen problems. When you start getting response you would see how things goes sometimes quick. Time fly by quick. Do not forget that application processing time (inland & outland) depends on the nature of your application, how complete was the application and other factors. I know someone that got his spousal inland PR within 7 months. Goodluck with your decision
You're right haha. Ours should be fairly straightforward, just hoping once AOR comes through that the process is pretty quick. Good luck!

Reactions: hiwilley

r2gas

Feb 13, 2020
HI ALL,

Application Sent: Jan 3rd
Application Received: Jan 06

Still waiting for AOR, anybody here who got AOR yet?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I submitted inland sponsorship case in February. what if during the process time, I go to US to take my masters. How about my application?
Going to the US to study means you are living Canada for a long period of time which means your application will be treated as abandoned and hence rejected. (You are required to live in Canada with your spouse/partner during the time your application is being processed).People normally take short trips (like 2 weeks) although even that is risky. It is not adviced to leave Canada with an inland application because should a one be denied entry their inland application would be treated as abandoned.

If I were you and I really want to go for my masters in the US, I would cancel my inland application and apply as Outland (if however you are asked to attend an interview with an Outland application, you might have to go back to your home country)