+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
i think it has been changed to 9 weeks..u can cross check it on CIC website
Yes officially they say it takes 90-120 days, but it keep on changing on the number of applications they received.
Presently the avg time has been reduced to 8-9 weeks on application which has been Applied in recent 2 weeks .

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
correct me if i am wrong here..i have applied for my Spouse Sponsorship + OWP...I think i will get 2 separate AOR one for PR and other for OWP. The processing time for getting the OWP says 9 weeks since it does not include any check on eligibility check.for getting PR AOR it will roughly take around 50-60 avg. days to come post i can hope for PR in next 3-4 months...m i correct here or m i missing anything ?
There is no AOR for the OWP that is applied as part of a spousal sponsorship application. There is an eligibility check on the spousal sponsorship OWP; you have to be a spouse (common law, married) of a Canadian or PR and have a PR application in processing to be eligible for the OWP. If you're not a spouse, it's denied. If you have no PR application in processing, it's denied. So there's an eligibility check inherent in the process.

I'm not sure about the last part of your post - you're hoping for PR to come in 3-4 months, or just the AOR?

devilsmile20

Jan 6, 2020
There is no AOR for the OWP that is applied as part of a spousal sponsorship application. There is an eligibility check on the spousal sponsorship OWP; you have to be a spouse (common law, married) of a Canadian or PR and have a PR application in processing to be eligible for the OWP. If you're not a spouse, it's denied. If you have no PR application in processing, it's denied. So there's an eligibility check inherent in the process.

I'm not sure about the last part of your post - you're hoping for PR to come in 3-4 months, or just the AOR?
Okay.. after receiving the AOR i m hoping that i should get my PR in another 3-4 months is what i meant

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Okay.. after receiving the AOR i m hoping that i should get my PR in another 3-4 months is what i meant
No. You need to assume the PR will take 12 months; inland applications still routinely take that long. Since AOR will typically take 2 months, getting PR in only 5-6 months is a bit optimistic.

Some PR applications recently have been a lot faster than the 12 month processing period - but those have generally been outland applications. If yours is somehow that fast, we can all do a little celebration.

KGo

Jul 23, 2018
Although CIC website says timeline is 12 months, people do get inland PR in 7-8 months. People from May, June, July 2019 have received it in 7-8 months

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Although CIC website says timeline is 12 months, people do get inland PR in 7-8 months. People from May, June, July 2019 have received it in 7-8 months
The subset of people who come here, and record their experiences. We can all hope it's that fast for us!

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
How are you guys seeing AOR? I sent mine in the mail, it's confirmed as delivered...
No no none of us are seeing AOR, just going off Canada Post tracking for when the package was delivered. No AOR expected for like 30-60 days it looks like, going off of other threads

Reactions: k.h.p.
Mar 21, 2019
Geez, I'm getting nervous. I don't know when my visitor status will be expired... and I don't think it will be done in time for my application to begin processing. Am I correct in thinking it will be 2 months for them to start on my app and then 2-3 more months for owp?

ENGWootton

Jan 1, 2020
Thanks to whoever created a group/thread for January, I will post up my details below.

Sent DEC 31st
Arrived JAN 2nd

Now the waiting begins...

PS. I don't see the excel spreadsheet updated for a January 2020 tab yet, any particular reason? Also, what about a WhatsApp group, mind you I saw this asked about earlier in this thread.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks to whoever created a group/thread for January, I will post up my details below.

Sent DEC 31st
Arrived JAN 2nd

Now the waiting begins...

PS. I don't see the excel spreadsheet updated for a January 2020 tab yet, any particular reason? Also, what about a WhatsApp group, mind you I saw this asked about earlier in this thread.
There is a Google spreadsheet. There's a link elsewhere but I'll try to find it.

I have found absolutely zero value in WhatsApp groups.