+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

We got the open work permit email yesterday!!! Things are finally moving!! Best of luck to the rest of you.

Once we get the owp in the mail, what do we need to do a part from applying for sin? Are there other things we will need to do ?

Timeline : Application sent 09/01 received 11/01 AOR 06/03. Owp returned March 7th (insufficient funds) sent back 27 March, owp 4th of July.

Regards
M
Are you already working?

Jonathan Perez

Nov 17, 2019
hi all,

We got the open work permit email yesterday!!! Things are finally moving!! Best of luck to the rest of you.

Once we get the owp in the mail, what do we need to do a part from applying for sin? Are there other things we will need to do ?

Timeline : Application sent 09/01 received 11/01 AOR 06/03. Owp returned March 7th (insufficient funds) sent back 27 March, owp 4th of July.

Regards
M
congratulations.. you are giving us a little bit of hope having your OWP has been approved, goodluck

Reactions: KATHIA08

mrsMdrd

Apr 9, 2020
hi all,

Regards
M
Congratulations!! Were you able to notice anything that changed to your gckey/linked account prior to your owp approval? Thanks!!

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
hi all,

Regards
M
Congratulations. I am not sure about your previous status in Canada but the below can be done (assuming you don't have the below):

1) SIN
2) G1 License​
3) Bank Account and a Credit Card (If possible)​
4) Mobile Phone Connection on your name​
5) Resume (Canadian Standard: 1-2 pages; I would prefer 1 page)​
6) Networking on LinkedIn and Portfolio of your projects​
7) Job Search!​

All the best and stay safe! :)

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Congratulations!! Were you able to notice anything that changed to your gckey/linked account prior to your owp approval? Thanks!!
Hi there,

no we didn't notice anything changing. the only indicator is that we got the Bio metrics instruction email last week.

Reactions: mrsMdrd

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Congratulations. I am not sure about your previous status in Canada but the below can be done (assuming you don't have the below):
1) SIN​
2) G1 License​
3) Bank Account and a Credit Card (If possible)​
4) Mobile Phone Connection on your name​
5) Resume (Canadian Standard: 1-2 pages; I would prefer 1 page)​
6) Networking on LinkedIn and Portfolio of your projects​
7) Job Search!​

All the best and stay safe! :)
Thank you so much ! this is very helpful !!

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
Hello all,

This is a silly question, but while we continue to wait for my wife's OWP and the process of PR, we submitted an extension on her visitor's record which was approved on July 3, 2020 for 6 more months. Should I inform back to IRCC with a copy of her new visitor's record that she continues to maintain her legal status? Do you think this can have an effect in getting her work permit approved faster because she continues to hold a legal status in Canada? We submitted everything on January 8, 2020, and we continue to wait. Everything was in order and we received the acknowledgement of receipt on March 3, 2020. We even received a request for a medical exam on the extension on her visitor record which we completed promptly last week. But it is all confusing to us. I am PR and I entered the country through express entry under the federal skilled class, but sponsoring a spouse is complex because of the various layers of processes that are required.

I will appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you,

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Hello all,

This is a silly question, but while we continue to wait for my wife's OWP and the process of PR, we submitted an extension on her visitor's record which was approved on July 3, 2020 for 6 more months. Should I inform back to IRCC with a copy of her new visitor's record that she continues to maintain her legal status? Do you think this can have an effect in getting her work permit approved faster because she continues to hold a legal status in Canada? We submitted everything on January 8, 2020, and we continue to wait. Everything was in order and we received the acknowledgement of receipt on March 3, 2020. We even received a request for a medical exam on the extension on her visitor record which we completed promptly last week. But it is all confusing to us. I am PR and I entered the country through express entry under the federal skilled class, but sponsoring a spouse is complex because of the various layers of processes that are required.

Thank you,
No. nothing to inform. wait for owp to come through.. medicals need not to be re-done for owp
fast approval on o.w.p is only if your spouse holds a ready job offer in an essential service

Reactions: prive6399

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hello all,

Thank you,
@prive6399 you can scan your medical report and submit to IRCC for PR upfront medical exam by webform. I am December applicant when I did my stay extension IRCC requested medical exam March, 2020 when it was done/passed, I sent the report by webform with my PR application number and IRCC updated my PR medical status in April l, 2020. Hope this helps you

Reactions: prive6399

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I am, but the OWP is for my spouse. she will start looking for a job now that we have the work permit
Oh ok, ya i'm trying to get an understanding on how they're going about proving certain peoples OWP. Seeing if maybe they're in essential services or where they're from. Congratz though for sure! One step closer to being approved!

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hello all,

Thank you,
Hi, do you mind me asking when you applied for the VR extension?

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
Hi, do you mind me asking when you applied for the VR extension?
Sure, no worries! We both entered Canada on November 12, 2019, her visitor status was set to expire on May 12, 2020. We submitted an extension on her visitor record on April 3rd, 2020. We got a request for her medical exam on June 30, 2020. She got her VR extension approved on July 3, 2020. Her new stay expires on November 12, 2020.