+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

jahnvi_ar

Feb 27, 2020
Hey, can anyone tell me that If I have already paid the biometrics fee before while submitting the application then do I need to still update the old receipt via webform? I paid the biometric fee again and they sent me a mail asking me to request for a refund which I did. But i am not sure if I have to send them anything further in order to receive the biometrics instruction letter.

venkatragavan

Jun 17, 2020
Hey guyssss my OWP got approved today :):)
Application sent on January 24th
I just got the email that your work permit is approved and valid
Congrats...in your earlier thread you mentioned that you had issue linking your owp and reported the same. Wondering if that has got anything to do with triggering the appli
- Biometric fee reminder letter received on 16th June 2020
- Same day updated on Webform because i have already paid.
- Received Biometric instruction letter on 25th June 2020.
Thanks for the update...

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Congrats...in your earlier thread you mentioned that you had issue linking your owp and reported the same. Wondering if that has got anything to do with triggering the appli

Thanks for the update...
thanks, I was thinking the same but not surely I reported the issue then I was replied by the Owp application number and asked to link it with the number, i linked it and yesterday my OWP got approved, plus I didn't need biometric mine was valid

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for reply.. I have received biometric letter for PR. I have already given my biometric before which is valid untill 2029. Just i am waiting for my Open work permit update.

Have you received same Application no for Spouse PR and Open work permit?
No! application no for OWP starts with W but for PR stars with F but UCI is the same , after receiving AOR I couldn't link my OWP to my CIC account so I reported the issue, the OWP application no was sent so I linked it with application no

nitindelhi04

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
No! application no for OWP starts with W but for PR stars with F but UCI is the same , after receiving AOR I couldn't link my OWP to my CIC account so I reported the issue, the OWP application no was sent so I linked it with application no
Thanks!!

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Hey ! Did anyone who sent application in May got AOR yet?
According to the tracker, it doesn't look like anyone from March onwards have got their AOR yet. About 40% of the February applicants also have not received AOR.
My app was received on Feb 25, and I just got the Biometrics Reminder Letter email on June 25. I didn't receive an AOR, but the letter I got may take the place of AOR, not sure.

Will probably be a while yet, just be sure to check your mail and emails (sponsor + PA) once a day or so.

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
According to the tracker, it doesn't look like anyone from March onwards have got their AOR yet. About 40% of the February applicants also have not received AOR.
My app was received on Feb 25, and I just got the Biometrics Reminder Letter email on June 25. I didn't receive an AOR, but the letter I got may take the place of AOR, not sure.

Will probably be a while yet, just be sure to check your mail and emails (sponsor + PA) once a day or so.
Jesus ... what do I do if my work permit expires prior to receiving AOR? It expires in September. I ve sent my application on 6th of May. I am really worried. I ve sent OWP application together with it as well. Or will I be able to apply for tourist visa after my current OWP expires and wait it out?

Also congrats on getting a reply from them! I am pretty sure it means that your application was all correct and the process has began.

Last edited:

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Jesus ... what do I do if my work permit expires prior to receiving AOR? It expires in September. I ve sent my application on 6th of May. I am really worried. I ve sent OWP application together with it as well. Or will I be able to apply for tourist visa after my current OWP expires and wait it out?

Also congrats on getting a reply from them! I am pretty sure it means that your application was all correct and the process has began.
You should be safe as far as status goes since you sent the OWP app...it will give you implied status as of package delivery. I know some people apply for the visitor extension as well to be extra safe, just in case their application is returned. If you got signature delivery of your package and you're reasonably certain you filled out everything right, you should be fine without the extension.
As for your current OWP, I'm not sure if the implied status from an OWP application will allow you to continue working. Hope someone can give their input on that...

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
You should be safe as far as status goes since you sent the OWP app...it will give you implied status as of package delivery. I know some people apply for the visitor extension as well to be extra safe, just in case their application is returned. If you got signature delivery of your package and you're reasonably certain you filled out everything right, you should be fine without the extension.
As for your current OWP, I'm not sure if the implied status from an OWP application will allow you to continue working. Hope someone can give their input on that...
Thank you for the info! I ve sent it by express mail and was given a wrong tracking number. I think thats another thing that stresses me out. Unfortunately Canada post doesn't take a responsibility for that. But I mean other then the missing tracking number nothing should be wrong with it. I re-checked the application like a 100 times. I'll look into tourist extention just in case.

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

We got the open work permit email yesterday!!! Things are finally moving!! Best of luck to the rest of you.

Once we get the owp in the mail, what do we need to do a part from applying for sin? Are there other things we will need to do ?

Timeline : Application sent 09/01 received 11/01 AOR 06/03. Owp returned March 7th (insufficient funds) sent back 27 March, owp 4th of July.

Regards
M