Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
hello guys, does it matter if i dont link my application?
Depends on whether you want to see the step by step process of your application and status, or you only want to receive correspondence via email

ishyfishy

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
My application was originally received on December 23rd, and was returned January 28th due to one small missing piece of information. I sent it back the same day and it was received January 31st. Really hoping it's not gonna come back again.

Does any one know if it's still possible at this stage for an application to be returned? According to what I'm seeing here, I should be ~2-3 days until the sweet sweet AOR.

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hello everyone! I got my AOR through email 14th March NOT mail yet. I created my CIC account too but I couldn't link it to my application
there is a link in the email that I got it shows the status "in process "
I was wondering how you guys linked your application to your CIC account!! I tried the link in my account but it says failed to link!!
I have no idea where to see my OWP application!!
please help me if you know!! thanks a lot :)

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hello everyone! I got my AOR through email 14th March NOT mail yet. I created my CIC account too but I couldn't link it to my application
there is a link in the email that I got it shows the status "in process "
I was wondering how you guys linked your application to your CIC account!! I tried the link in my account but it says failed to link!!
I have no idea where to see my OWP application!!
please help me if you know!! thanks a lot :)
After AOR, about couple days/a week they will inform you OWP, then you can link your OWP to your account.
CIC account , you should try different ways to link such as In the "Applicant's personal information" section select either "Passport" or "Place of Birth".
In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
no, i used my last name and first name as i don't know any UCI or application number for work permit application (PR and WP has different application # UCI.)
Finally i was able to link the work permit application today to my CIC account.

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

So, my visitor status is expiring on 8th May.
I have received the AOR and PR/OWP applications are linked to my cic account now.
I assume with this i am good for implied status.

Do i still need to apply for my visitor status extension?

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi All,

I have received the AOR and PR/OWP applications are linked to my cic account now.

Yes you have implied status until they make a decision on your OWP. On the chances that they deny it for some reason, you would then be out of status. In which you can apply to restore status. Mine is up May 18th, but to be safe I'm still going to apply to extend my visitor record. I still cant link my OWP though. :/

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi All,

Don't apply exchange visitor until you got information (refuse) about your OWP.
restore status, you have 90 days after you're out of status. So you still have time in any cases.

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Yes you have implied status until they make a decision on your OWP. On the chances that they deny it for some reason, you would then be out of status. In which you can apply to restore status. Mine is up May 18th, but to be safe I'm still going to apply to extend my visitor record. I still cant link my OWP though. :/
Thank you for the info.
Did you get AOR?
i was able to link OWP 10 days after receiving AOR

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

i see two processing times for OWP applications. one is online which is 90 days and another for paper based which is 139 days.
Since we sent our PR and OWP applications together on paper, do i need to consider 139 days for OWP?