+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

aquamila

Mar 20, 2015
Could you please share when your BG check completed? Do you know it’s start date as well?
I don't know when BG check was started since I found out about a new tracker on May 11, checked my case and saw that the background verification status was updated to completed on Jan 26, 2021.

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Please update for Chris 1983-

Test invite date - May 05
Test completed date - May 24
Local office - Calgary

Can someone please suggest if everyone gets an interview after the test and what is usually the wait time these days for the Oath ceremony invite.
Thank you.

Reactions: novascotia27

MKZT

Jun 5, 2014

Local office - Calgary

Can someone please suggest if everyone gets an interview after the test and what is usually the wait time these days for the Oath ceremony invite.
Thank you.
Hi Brother
I see u got FP reqest back in October, can you plz tell me how u got FP reqest means via email or regular post.

TIA

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi Brother
I see u got FP reqest back in October, can you plz tell me how u got FP reqest means via email or regular post.

TIA
Hey buddy,

It was via email. My local office is Calgary, but got the FP request through the vancouver office. Hope it helps.

Ka93

Sep 11, 2020
Good day everyone and good luck. I am from kitchener. Has anyone received test invite recently. My background check is done in january 2021 no test invite yet. People who applied after then me already gave their test. What is going on. What do you think When should I receive test invite?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Good day everyone and good luck. I am from kitchener. Has anyone received test invite recently. My background check is done in january 2021 no test invite yet. People who applied after then me already gave their test. What is going on. What do you think When should I receive test invite?
Well, nobody can tell you that. The timelines are not the same for all applicants.

It depends on the local office , the officer processing your file, the complexities of your file and whether your file is routine or not. There are some offices in the GTA that are either inefficient OR overloaded OR both.

I would recommend that you assume the processing time to be 18 months (sometimes more) to avoid disappointment.

You might want to check the tracker to see if any applicants from Kitchener have received any updates lately.

Reactions: Brian2015

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14

Local office - Calgary

Thank you.
My husband completed the test on April 22, and has not heard anything since, it is not even updated on the new tracker that his test is completed, so who knows.

Dimples06

Jan 5, 2020
Got Invited for test to be done between the 25th of May and 14th of June.
Background Check Completed: May 7th
Test Invitation: May 18.
Done and passed May 25th. Mark 17/20
Please update tracker.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My tracker shows that an interview is scheduled for June 7th and that I will receive further information; haven't received any email yet.

Please let me know what are the typical materials to be gathered in preparation for the interview.

Also, I haven't travelled outside Canada since I landed as a PR. Is the purpose of the interview to assess my language skills?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

My tracker shows that an interview is scheduled for June 7th and that I will receive further information; haven't received any email yet.

Please let me know what are the typical materials to be gathered in preparation for the interview.

Also, I haven't travelled outside Canada since I landed as a PR. Is the purpose of the interview to assess my language skills?

Thanks.
They usually check your passport and verify the stamps to confirm you have not indeed left the country like you declared on your application. They might ask for the originals of the documents submitted with the application. Should be pretty simple.

You'll receive an email soon enough with the instructions on what documentation you should prepare.

Good luck!

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They usually check your passport and verify the stamps to confirm you have not indeed left the country like you declared on your application. They might ask for the originals of the documents submitted with the application. Should be pretty simple.

You'll receive an email soon enough with the instructions on what documentation you should prepare.

Good luck!
Ok, thanks for the info. Must be straightforward then. Thanks again.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram