Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Yes today I can see my and all other family member status via ecas. But I have not received email yet . What to do now even I donot know my case file number. Please guide me regards
Give a call to call center to see if they can give you the file number. But we dont do anything with case number as importantly you just need to make sure you get your test invite without fail which is very far away for months.
Also while calling them, ask them to make sure the email is entered correctly. Possibly this is the issue.

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Means nothing. Automated reply or general wording. Wait until they review your request and they will respond.
Thank you Azimuss, Will CIC respond to CSE either they will accept or reject the request Or Will not respond at all? Hope i will hear from them any answer (Yes/No)

kartikpula

Mar 22, 2013
Hi Guys,

I sent the application on 20th Feb and received 22nd. No update as of now and I am not able to find the status of my application online as well. I am stuck in a different country for close to 6 months now with no commercial flights. Do we usually get an email regarding AOR? and is there a place to find the status of my application ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Guys,

I sent the application on 20th Feb and received 22nd. No update as of now and I am not able to find the status of my application online as well. I am stuck in a different country for close to 6 months now with no commercial flights. Do we usually get an email regarding AOR? and is there a place to find the status of my application ?
Check here to know if the feb month candidates are being issued AOR. Yes email. Currently they started Feb 3-4 received dates. So wait for few more weeks - you would receive AOR.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2020-citizenship-applicants.676797/page-33

queen.zosa

Apr 3, 2014
Hi! I submitted my citizenship application on January 2nd of 2020 but I haven't received an AOR as of date. It's already been 7 months. Any suggestions on what's the next step I should take?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi! I submitted my citizenship application on January 2nd of 2020 but I haven't received an AOR as of date. It's already been 7 months. Any suggestions on what's the next step I should take?
Did you check your application status online?
They are still not finished issuing AOR. And while waiting you can call the call center to ask if the file is in the system at pre-stage of AOR (before AOR gets issued).

queen.zosa

Apr 3, 2014
Did you check your application status online?
They are still not finished issuing AOR. And while waiting you can call the call center to ask if the file is in the system at pre-stage of AOR (before AOR gets issued).
Thanks for the response! appreciate it. I have tried checking my application online but a message prompted that they are not able to identify me by using the information I provided (I used my UCI number btw) due to the following reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLYif you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response! appreciate it. I have tried checking my application online but a message prompted that they are not able to identify me by using the information I provided (I used my UCI number btw) due to the following reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLYif you have:
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
How did you send your app, was it trackable?

jaystk04

May 10, 2020
Hi All,

My Application has been received on Jan 28th 2020 and still no update. Tried using ECAS and getting below message. I have below questions, can someone provide your inputs. Thanks in Advance

1. What is the UCAI Number, is this not a PR Card Number ?
2. What is the customer care number for contacting the CIC for finding the application status ? P;

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My Application has been received on Jan 28th 2020 and still no update. Tried using ECAS and getting below message. I have below questions, can someone provide your inputs. Thanks in Advance

2. What is the customer care number for contacting the CIC for finding the application status ? P;

You have not received an AOR yet thus your application is not on the system. When you receive an AOR, in a day or two you can start using ecas to track the application.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hi All,

Ecas is only updated after AOR.
You can keep checking it since some applicants got Ecas update before AOR email

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
What is the customer care number for contacting the CIC for finding the application status
It's 1-888-242-2100. After listening to their looooong recording (there is no way to skip), go with Option 1-1-4-1. Better to call early in the morning, they will pick up your call right away.
Btw they will tell you they are still processing applications received before Jan. 14. LOL

Last edited:

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. The January tracker shows only 65% of us received AOR. Excluding some of us might forget to update the tracker (usually less than 10%), it means there are over 25% of the January applicants haven't received their AOR yet.

Reactions: Inpasarable