+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
No First one is from Vancouver done on 16th Feb & second which I received today is from Sydney office. I am so confused. This was already done and acknowledged by IRCC agent on the phone.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
No First one is from Vancouver done on 16th Feb & second which I received today is from Sydney office. I am so confused. This was already done and acknowledged by IRCC agent on the phone.
Strange. Maybe Sydney is your secondary processing office, and there is no coordination between the two. Just reply to the second email that you just recently did FP and submitted them.

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Strange. Maybe Sydney is your secondary processing office, and there is no coordination between the two. Just reply to the second email that you just recently did FP and submitted them.
Thanks I just did. I hope I get a resolution to this. It is so frustrating.

varasteh

Jun 27, 2017
Good morning,
I have two questions if you can assist:
1- My father had his finger prints done last December and received and approved by IRCC in January, so all boxes are now checked except language test, which is not applicable to him (age exempt). We except to receive an invitation for ceremony for him but nothing has happened since January. Is this normal?
2- My father needs to leave Canada for a few months but he is worried to get the ceremony invitation when he is away. Do you know if it is possible to attend an online ceremony from overseas, or maybe there is IP restrictions?
Thanks!

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Good morning,
I have two questions if you can assist:
1- My father had his finger prints done last December and received and approved by IRCC in January, so all boxes are now checked except language test, which is not applicable to him (age exempt). We except to receive an invitation for ceremony for him but nothing has happened since January. Is this normal?
2- My father needs to leave Canada for a few months but he is worried to get the ceremony invitation when he is away. Do you know if it is possible to attend an online ceremony from overseas, or maybe there is IP restrictions?
Thanks!
1- Oath invitation may take up to 6 months after DM.
2- Unlikely. He will have to come back. If they know he is out of Canada, they even may not schedule him, until he come back and provided a proof of return.

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
hey Cabeaver, Thanks for the help. I looked again this morning and my background check shows complete. I hope this is the end of the confusion between offices. I called the agent and she was also confused and didn't know what to say, but informed to reply to the email with proof this was done & she was doing the same. Do you know how long it might take for the rest to show complete status? I just want to be end of this soon.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
hey Cabeaver, Thanks for the help. I looked again this morning and my background check shows complete. I hope this is the end of the confusion between offices. I called the agent and she was also confused and didn't know what to say, but informed to reply to the email with proof this was done & she was doing the same. Do you know how long it might take for the rest to show complete status? I just want to be end of this soon.
What's completed so far? I assume your application is Jan 2020. It's taking a little longer than usual, but if BG check and test are completed, maybe other fields will be completed soon, and get your oath within 2-3 month, I hope.

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
What's completed so far? I assume your application is Jan 2020. It's taking a little longer than usual, but if BG check and test are completed, maybe other fields will be completed soon, and get your oath within 2-3 month, I hope.
Citizenship Test & Background is complete. I know it is taking very long. Just one of the unlucky applicants due to this the whole family application is behind. I hope the same everything goes fast.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi All,

I am a January 2020 applicant and have had DM since November 20 20 but Oath Invitation since. I want to submit a web form but don't know how to.

Can anyone please help with the link for the web form and an example of the message I should send to them?

Thank you in advance.

C.sanz

Jun 26, 2013
Good morning,
Quick question for anyone with an answer !
My husband did his citizenship test on March 29th (2022) and this morning the status of his citizenship test was changed to complete. Does this mean it was already reviewed by a citizenship officer? I thought it went straight to decision made. I know most of you had your test a long time ago, he was just an unlucky one and just recently got his. We applied in Jan 2020.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Good morning,
Quick question for anyone with an answer !
My husband did his citizenship test on March 29th (2022) and this morning the status of his citizenship test was changed to complete. Does this mean it was already reviewed by a citizenship officer? I thought it went straight to decision made. I know most of you had your test a long time ago, he was just an unlucky one and just recently got his. We applied in Jan 2020.
Yes, it means it was reviewed and the results have been validated.

NedaE

Mar 14, 2022
what is your home country. Because of the pandemic, they have an email system for PRTD. You have to email your documents to an email address. In the subject line, if you mention URGENT and explain your story, they will process it in one week.
I am from Iran, and really not sure it would take. I actually ask MP to follow up with my citizenship process. Has anyone did the same? Did it help?

Reactions: Dreamlad