+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
A RESPONSE ON MY WEB FORM SUBMITTED COUPLE WEEKS BACK. AT LEAST THEY REPLIED.............

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry regarding your updated address and it appears that the information on file already matches the one in your email.

We invite you to consult our Help Centre if you wish to obtain more information on online address updates.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, if you are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada, you can present a request under the Access to Information Act in writing or online.

This application will permit you to obtain most government held information that is available.

Please visit our website to know:

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• [/%22http:/www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp/]Download application forms and guides
  • [/%22https:/services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en\]Change of address
  • [/%22http:/www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp/]Check your application status
  • [/%22http:/www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-can.asp/]Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

Reactions: iceman55

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I called helpline yesterday and the automated line announced that they are working on applications received on or before 14 Jan 2020.
Damn, I guess I'll have to wait for another 6 months.

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
My background check status changed back to "In progress" again. It was completed but again changed to "In progress". Does anyone experienced this before? Is this a sign of something?

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
My background check status changed back to "In progress" again. It was completed but again changed to "In progress". Does anyone experienced this before? Is this a sign of something?
I think, but not sure, the background check has a limited validity. As the applications are taking so long so it may have expired and probably it has to be done again if i am right. I heard from someone that validity of background check is one year. Please see your last background check date and calculate the validity. This is best i know about it but still, need to verify my statement.

Reactions: Shamon and Dreamlad

Munt

Feb 7, 2020
Hello everyone,
IRCC Saskatoon

January 2020: Submitted application of citizenship
July 2020 : Received AOR
April 2021 : Fingerprint
April2021 : Citizenship test
April 2021: Passport scanned amd sent

*No update for 1 year *
March 2022 : Hired a lawyer and applied for demand letter
April2022: Aplied for judicial review ( one step before the federal court hearing )
May 2022: fingerprint-required ( old one expired)
22 June 2022: Interview required
26 June 2022 : All completed
11 July 2022: oath ceremony

If your application sit for a long time , don’t wait. Do a legal action !
Good luck everyone !!!!

ToUpd

Aug 25, 2021
This is for a family member: Sent application: January 17, 2020 | Application filed: July 27, 2020 | Last update on status check: April 23, 2021
No Update since then. What do you guys suggest? Is it okay/expected taking this much long?

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
This is for a family member: Sent application: January 17, 2020 | Application filed: July 27, 2020 | Last update on status check: April 23, 2021
No Update since then. What do you guys suggest? Is it okay/expected taking this much long?
There are many waiting with the same timeline....its all okay and be strong....we are in a backlog storm of 2.7 million applicants.

Reactions: ToUpd

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I thought you guys all got citizenship already.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
They have not even moved a little bit so we can update statuses. Its almost stopped where we all left before. What we should update when there is no any sign of movement. hehehhehe
All of you from 2020 and 2019 who are still seeing no movement should consider joining together for some kind of class action writ of mandamus. 2022 paper applications are getting processed in 4-6 months. This is just plain wrong.

Reactions: Sydkadra

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
I believe they have forgotten those applicants who submitted their applications in Jan 2020. The last update on the Online Status update was on 3rd August 2022 and there was no change and the status remained the same which was done on 6th June 2022. It is really depressing that after more than 2 1/2 years we are still waiting to see a light in the tunnel. Our friends who submitted in Jan 2022 have already got their citizenship. We have to pray every day that's what we can do now and hope that our status will change as well very soon.