+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

chatwithme

Jan 1, 2016
Hi,

Please for people that have received test invite do you know if your files were moved to the local office? My local office is Mississauga but my file is still in Syndey, the representative said I might get test invite without the physical files moving, but cannot answer if the Local office is reviewing the files. A little bit confused on what to expect and the endless wait. Family application and has been in Process since Sep 8.
Also which test application really help with taking the test.
Hello, please I just want to bring this up in case someone is able to help answer the question. Also Background verification was completed in January.

Bobo2016

Oct 14, 2016
My husband clicked the send email button as well after his test, and took the test and got 20/20 on April 22 and his status in the new system still says in progress. So not sure why this would be
Hello, please I just want to bring this up in case someone is able to help answer the question. Also Background verification was completed in January.
Since they confirmed to you that test invite can be sent regardless of location of your file i will suggest to watch out for it. I don’t believe anyone here knows more than the agents at the call center. Due to the pandemic, I believe things are being done a bit differently. If you look at the tracker you will see that there are still people with their file “in process” status since Sep that are yet to receive the test invite so you are not alone. Mine was in process status in Sep as well and I got my invite late April so I am sure yours will come. Also you can continue giving them a call after couple of weeks.

For the test prep I used discover Canada, I used the Richmond library citizenship test practice link that someone shared in this thread (I don’t have the link anymore but you can search in the thread or google it), I also used a free citizenship app in the App Store to practice( there are lots of them but they all have similar questions so any one or two of those will do)

I hope this helps!

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Finally got an update!

App Sent: Jan 07, 2020
App Received: Jan 09, 2020
AOR Received: March 12, 2020
In Process: September 16, 2020
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1109 days
Test Invite: April 14, 2021
Test Passed: April 27, 2021
Documents Requested: May 12, 2021
Documents submitted: May 12, 2021
Update on my application.

Decision Made: May 14, 2021.

Update was on ECAS. New tracker has not been updated since late April. Still says in progress for everything except Citizenship Test and Background Check. Oath Ceremony not yet started.

Reactions: Doda

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021

Update was on ECAS. New tracker has not been updated since late April. Still says in progress for everything except Citizenship Test and Background Check. Oath Ceremony not yet started.
Congrats , Looks you are almost there, I think next step would be Oath Ceremony. According to you ,how long does it takes once you complete your test to Oath Ceremony.??

talhahafeez

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Multan Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
27-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
FP request May 4, submitted May 6. Ottawa office

talhahafeez

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Multan Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
27-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Salam Brother
What ur new tracker shows before getting FP request ;background check completed or in progress??
In progress

chatwithme

Jan 1, 2016
Since they confirmed to you that test invite can be sent regardless of location of your file i will suggest to watch out for it. I don’t believe anyone here knows more than the agents at the call center. Due to the pandemic, I believe things are being done a bit differently. If you look at the tracker you will see that there are still people with their file “in process” status since Sep that are yet to receive the test invite so you are not alone. Mine was in process status in Sep as well and I got my invite late April so I am sure yours will come. Also you can continue giving them a call after couple of weeks.

For the test prep I used discover Canada, I used the Richmond library citizenship test practice link that someone shared in this thread (I don’t have the link anymore but you can search in the thread or google it), I also used a free citizenship app in the App Store to practice( there are lots of them but they all have similar questions so any one or two of those will do)

I hope this helps!
Yes it does, thank you

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto

New tracker now has everything as Complete except for Oath Ceremony which is still showing Not Started.