+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got an accurate timeline.

From The day you passed the online exam until the day of your oath taking. 3 months.

You will be informed a week before the oath taking day.

My buddy had his oath taking last friday.
Hey, Is this your observation or did you get this information from CIC? Thanks.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello all,

How do we know if our test result has been validated? I mean the result we get after the test is not official. Are we going to get notified when the ircc has reviewed and validated the results? Thanks

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Bit of an update on my application. Turns out there was some camera issues when I did the test so it wasn’t taking photos. They called me a week after I did mine and let me know I had to retake the test one on one using Microsoft Teams. I did it last week and passed.

The agent didn’t elaborate on exactly when the next steps will come. They just said to watch out for an email soon.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Did anyone have done Fingerprinting services at any of the RCMP locations.

Please share your experiences.

Thank you

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
UPDATE: Test completed on 19 MAR 2021.

Note: Passed at 19/20. My test wasn't hard and I didn't study a lot. :) Actually the hardest part was taking a photo of my ID! It was so hard to make it straight and clear LOL Now waiting for their validation...
UPDATE: Decision made on 03 MAY 2021.
Note: This is a regular (non-urgent) application. No interview scheduled.

amrendrapal

Jan 11, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I applied last year, but still no news post-in-progress update. Any idea what might be going on

My timelines is below -

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 7, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 9, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 14, 2020.
I am in the same boat and also from Ontario. My application is in progress since Aug 26, 2020 and I haven't received any updates. I called the CIC during 1st week of April and the agent told me that I have passed security and the next step would be the test.

Rishivkalra

Jul 13, 2016
I am in the same boat and also from Ontario. My application is in progress since Aug 26, 2020 and I haven't received any updates. I called the CIC during 1st week of April and the agent told me that I have passed security and the next step would be the test.
Good to know there are more like me. Can you share the phone number you called, I tried searching but didnt find the right one.

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
UPDATE: Decision made on 03 MAY 2021.
Note: This is a regular (non-urgent) application. No interview scheduled.
Congratulations! I have seen other applicants who said the same thing - "clicking pictures of the ID is the hardest part" I wonder why people say that? Is it because the ID photo appear upside down when you click it off of a laptop camera? Or there is a different reason?

Reactions: Nova Scotia

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! I have seen other applicants who said the same thing - "clicking pictures of the ID is the hardest part" I wonder why people say that? Is it because the ID photo appear upside down when you click it off of a laptop camera? Or there is a different reason?
It’s just adjusting the card in the designated frame with one hand while trying to click with the mouse or trackpad on the capture button with another hand, as well finding out the the picture isn’t clear enough due to poor lighting and camera resolution. It needs some dexterity while trying to maintain a clear picture of the ID. It’s not as hard as it sounds, but can imagine some people struggling with it.

Reactions: Suh1756

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
It’s just adjusting the card in the designated frame with one hand while trying to click with the mouse or trackpad on the capture button with another hand, as well finding out the the picture isn’t clear enough due to poor lighting and camera resolution. It needs some dexterity while trying to maintain a clear picture of the ID. It’s not as hard as it sounds, but can imagine some people struggling with it.
thanks for the clarity

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hey guys,
I received a call today saying I passed the test and scheduling an interview next week. They also requested all pages of my passports since 2015, even the blank pages.

Someone did an interview? What is it about?

Thank you!