+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Bobo2016

Oct 14, 2016
Hi, I submitted in Jan 2020 without filing my tax since you can only file in March, my application is currently in process status like everyone else. So the short answer is that you can and I advise you proceed, as long as you check the box for them to access your NOA from CRA, considering you must have filed before your application gets to the stage where this will be required they will be able to pull this as well. Although I have heard there are inconsistencies depending on the officer processing your file but I don’t see what you have to lose by going ahead with the application now, if they return it then you resubmit.

Hope this helps!
Just to add, you might try calling them again and hear a second opinion from a different agent and If you you are advised same as the earlier agent then it might make sense to wait since they might be more informed than we are.
Goodluck!

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi !
Could you add me to the sheet?

Name: FlyingLion
Family size: Single
Physical Presence: 1101
App. Sent: January 24th
App. Delivered: January 27th
AOR: August 28th
In process: November 2nd

IanYYC

Jan 14, 2021
Is IRCC processing new applications or are they still on holidays?
Last date I see on the spreadsheet for AOR is for applications who sent it in September and some received the AOR in December.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is IRCC processing new applications or are they still on holidays?
Last date I see on the spreadsheet for AOR is for applications who sent it in September and some received the AOR in December.
There are other milestones beyond AOR. Moving applications into IP, test invites, oath invites and oath ceremonies. I have seen some good progress with June / July 2020 applicants getting IP and some test invites for 2019 applicants. They are indeed working.

IanYYC

Jan 14, 2021
There are other milestones beyond AOR. Moving applications into IP, test invites, oath invites and oath ceremonies. I have seen some good progress with June / July 2020 applicants getting IP and some test invites for 2019 applicants. They are indeed working.
Thank you! It is easy to lose sight and focus only on what we have been waiting for and forget that indeed there are other milestones!
I appreciate your help!

ars999

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Does anyone know if an item is added in online status for below 2 scenarios ? The reason for my ask is, there is always a small possibility of missing email incase it goes to spam folder. Only way to avoid this risk is, if online status captures these items(online status can be checked periodically)
1. When Citizenship test request email is sent for the applicant ?
2. When Citizenship oath request email is sent for the applicant ?

jaystk04

May 10, 2020
Hi Admin,

My name is already added to the tracker (Jan 2020 - Row no: 138), Can you pls update the tracker with my current status.
AOR : Aug 28th 2020
In Process: Nov 17th 2020

Thanks in advance.

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Hi i received this letter on feb 2020 (
The purpose of this notice is to advise you that in order to continue processing your application you will need to provide a set of fingerprints for your clearance.)
Then i go did the fingerprints and put the address
IRCC Vancouver
200 – 877 Expo Blvd.
Vancouver, BC

V6B 8P8

that was the last notice i had from them , today one year later.. i received same email asking fingerprints ... anyone else having similar issues? did they not receive them? or what happened? do i need to go pay a new ones and send them or there is a way to contact them?
thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi i received this letter on feb 2020 (
The purpose of this notice is to advise you that in order to continue processing your application you will need to provide a set of fingerprints for your clearance.)
Then i go did the fingerprints and put the address
IRCC Vancouver
200 – 877 Expo Blvd.
Vancouver, BC

V6B 8P8

that was the last notice i had from them , today one year later.. i received same email asking fingerprints ... anyone else having similar issues? did they not receive them? or what happened? do i need to go pay a new ones and send them or there is a way to contact them?
thank you
The security clearance expires in 12 months AFAIK. Since yours was done in Feb 2020 and it is going to be 1 year now and since IRCC thinks they cannot complete your application before that, they might be asking for another set of prints. This has been happening to quite a few people lately.

You would have to get a new set of prints and re-send it to them.

Good luck!

Reactions: Elchavodel8

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
The security clearance expires in 12 months AFAIK. Since yours was done in Feb 2020 and it is going to be 1 year now and since IRCC thinks they cannot complete your application before that, they might be asking for another set of prints. This has been happening to quite a few people lately.

You would have to get a new set of prints and re-send it to them.

Good luck!
Thank you , so do u think because the covid they receive it but didn't touch it all that time? well its not 12 months i send it in mid feb and probably they arrive like 15 days after so its like 11 months or little less