Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What address can we give as newcomers? Can we give a temporary address and update it afterwards ?
When you land, you can provide any address, of a friend, family member etc. as long as it is outside QC.

If you do not have an address, you can inform the CBSA officer, and you can later update it by sending a web form.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
When you land, you can provide any address, of a friend, family member etc. as long as it is outside QC.

If you do not have an address, you can inform the CBSA officer, and you can later update it by sending a web form.
can it be an Airbnb address?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hey everyone. Glad to hear that they are some movements. I got asked to redo my medical (we got an extension for one year last december and it expires on dec 22nd) I am going to take them tomorrow and my wife and kids next week. Does this mean we can expect a PPR soon?
@Socceros Given the current trends - yes you are close to PPR. The COPR will have a validity till the expiry of medicals for all of you.

Reactions: Socceros

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon our remedicals were uploaded yesterday. But on gckey it still shows up as ‘We have requested a medical exam..’ Request your advice to understand on how soon would this message get updated

Thunderbird666

Jan 17, 2021
Usa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
21-04-2020
Hi @legalfalcon our remedicals were uploaded yesterday. But on gckey it still shows up as ‘We have requested a medical exam..’ Request your advice to understand on how soon would this message get updated
Until you get the 'medicals passed on xxxx date' update on your application, it will show the action required status. Nothing to worry.

Reactions: aseemrastogi2

Baz90

Dec 8, 2021
Dear All
AOR 3 JAN 2020
Outland application PNP
ReMed 28/10/2021
Medical 15/11/2021
COPR 10/12/2021
Passport Sent to VFS 11/12/2021
Thank you all for giving the valuable information here.
Hi can u just tell your country of residence? Wanted to know whats the current scenario if it is in india. Im from india and my AOR is also jan 2020

vp31

Oct 9, 2021
Hello All,

Thanks for all the support.

I'd received my COPR in October and I'll travel to Canada on 23rd Dec. My query is regarding healthcare cover.
In most provinces (as in Ontario where I'm going), you don't get provincial healthcare coverage for the first 3 months. (Pls correct me if the duration I'm quoting is wrong.)

So meanwhile, is it *mandatory* for new PR immigrants to buy a private insurance to get themselves covered? Do Border/ Immigration officers check this (/ ask for proof of insurance cover) at the Port of Entry?

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Hello All,

I'd received my COPR in October and I'll travel to Canada on 23rd Dec. My query is regarding healthcare cover.
In most provinces (as in Ontario where I'm going), you don't get provincial healthcare coverage for the first 3 months. (Pls correct me if the duration I'm quoting is wrong.)

So meanwhile, is it *mandatory* for new PR immigrants to buy a private insurance to get themselves covered? Do Border/ Immigration officers check this (/ ask for proof of insurance cover) at the Port of Entry?
they don't check it, but its in your favour to get a medical insurance.

Reactions: vp31 and jukebox

SwatiB

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Can anyone direct me to PPR specific discussion thread for VFS in India. Are we sending passports via mail or there is an option to submit physically? Is there a difference in processing time based on location of VFS.

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
Hello All,

Hi @vp31 ,

If I read the Ontario website correctly, there's no waiting period in Ontario anymore.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card
"There is no longer a waiting period for OHIP coverage. If you are eligible, you will have immediate health insurance coverage."

I know that before Covid, there was a waiting period of 3 months, but they changed that in 2020, due to Covid.

Reactions: vp31 and Amatsukami

Baz90

Dec 8, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon just curious to know Is PPR issued to all FSW candidates from india or only FSW -PNP guys?
My AOR Jan 2020
FSW- NON PNP
COR- India.

Awaiting . Others can reply too. Just curious to know about ongoing trend!

lavin.gurnani

Jun 7, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon just curious to know Is PPR issued to all FSW candidates from india or only FSW -PNP guys?
My AOR Jan 2020
FSW- NON PNP
COR- India.

Awaiting . Others can reply too. Just curious to know about ongoing trend!
Hi, same here Jan 2020 AOR, fsw India.
Still awaiting re meds. A Little worried about the situation when you see people around with same AOR getting remeds and ppr.

Reactions: laxiyer24