Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone, I have been a moderately silent follower of this forum since my AOR on Jan 12, 2020. After my biometrics, there was no movement but a few weeks back I got a re-medical request and I did it on Dec 3, 2021, and now my status has changed to "you do not medical at this time....". @legalfalcon and others, my question here is my wife is non-accompanying and we are expecting a child within this month, so shall I add my Child only to the application as accompanying? I am guessing the PPR will be valid for at least a year(for my child as well) and if that's the case, will one year be enough for me to sponsor my wife so that my child and my wife can come together? thank you in advance
You can only add your child after the child is born and not in anticipation.

The COPR is valid until your passport expired, the medicals expire, whichever is earlier of for a period determined by the VO but not exceeding 1 year.

If you want your child to accompany you, you can add your child as an accompanying. The spousal sponsorship takes 12-18 months. However, until then your spouse and child can join you on a visitor's visa.

Reactions: kevran32

Splendidly

Sep 24, 2020
@legalfalcon, thanks for all your useful tips on this platform. Please I got a visa ready email 24 November and was requested to proceed to passport submission. However, I reside in one of the 10 banned countries due to Omicron. I am not clear on what that means for our travelling on receipt of our stamped passport. Can we travel as a foreign national holding valid COPR from one of the restricted countries or are there conditions? Thanks.

pmanonu

May 12, 2020
@andy108 Thank you for you help in the forum.

I have got my COPR and IM-1 visa last week; however I am from a country in the banned list. Are COPRs (new Permanent residents) from banned countries allowed to travel to Canada?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
@andy108 Thank you for you help in the forum.

I have got my COPR and IM-1 visa last week; however I am from a country in the banned list. Are COPRs (new Permanent residents) from banned countries allowed to travel to Canada?
I think its no. even for Citizens and PRs. You have to travel to another country quarantine, get a negative test again and board a flight to Canada.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi all,

I have just submitted our Schedule A forms today. Just wanted to check as to how soon do the details under 'Review of additional documents' changes. It currently still shows as we need additional documents to continue processing your application.

patfat

Dec 14, 2018
Hi all,

I have just submitted our Schedule A forms today. Just wanted to check as to how soon do the details under 'Review of additional documents' changes. It currently still shows as we need additional documents to continue processing your application.
I submitted my schedule A form on the 28 of October and I am still waiting for my ppr, though i feel it all depends on the agent attending to your case.

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hey everyone. Glad to hear that they are some movements. I got asked to redo my medical (we got an extension for one year last december and it expires on dec 22nd) I am going to take them tomorrow and my wife and kids next week. Does this mean we can expect a PPR soon?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just to clarify, is it necessary to either land or eventually settle at the destination we initially described in our applications?
No. As soon as you become a PR, you can live and settle in any part of Canada. However, when you apply and land, you cannot intend to settle in QC, unless you are a QC PNP nominee.

See https://bit.ly/3rWxBQa

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
No. As soon as you become a PR, you can live and settle in any part of Canada. However, when you apply and land, you cannot intend to settle in QC, unless you are a QC PNP nominee.

See https://bit.ly/3rWxBQa
Will it raise any red flag if I ask them to send my PR card to a quebec address when I land?

I mean, I have a friend who lives in Montreal and can keep my PR card for me before I have a permanent address in Canada.

Thank you!

Reactions: boilercat

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Will it raise any red flag if I ask them to send my PR card to a quebec address when I land?

I mean, I have a friend who lives in Montreal and can keep my PR card for me before I have a permanent address in Canada.

Thank you!
When you land and give a QC address when you are a FSW / PNP / CEC the officer will not accept it and will warn you that you cannot intend to settle in QC.

You can only provide a QC address if you are a QC nominee. However, after you are admitted as a PR, you can move to QC, which is your constitutional right under the mobility agreement, unless you are a PNP, in which case you have to meet the PNP requirements to settle in the nominating province.

Also, giving a QC address may get you into trouble, depending on the officer.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
When you land and give a QC address when you are a FSW / PNP / CEC the officer will not accept it and will warn you that you cannot intend to settle in QC.

You can only provide a QC address if you are a QC nominee. However, after you are admitted as a PR, you can move to QC, which is your constitutional right under the mobility agreement, unless you are a PNP, in which case you have to meet the PNP requirements to settle in the nominating province.

Thank you legalfalcon!

I feel like I just dodged a bullet. The last thing I'd want is to get myself into trouble the moment I land.

Reactions: legalfalcon

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020

What address can we give as newcomers? Can we give a temporary address and update it afterwards ?