+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

RaghuramRoy

Dec 5, 2020
I have a similar situation. My app previously stated in progress and then moved to closed when it said approved. So I’m guessing we just cleared a certain step?
This is what we can hope for. Do let us know of any further update on your profile. I will also do so.

Reactions: Ree89

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon

Got a GU today and medicals once again went from "Jan 25, 2021 you passed the medical exam" to
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Does this mean I may get a medicals extension or remedicals soon? My medicals were extended til Feb 2022 last time it got extended

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
This is what we can hope for. Do let us know of any further update on your profile. I will also do so.
PPR/ ready for visa email finally received!
AOR: 30 Jan 2020
Meds extended in July 2021 and received final approval
PPR received 9 Nov 2021

now I just have to send in my passports and stuff! I am still in shock and I wish you all the best. Ottawa seems to have finally woken up

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
PPR received 9 Nov 2021

now I just have to send in my passports and stuff! I am still in shock and I wish you all the best. Ottawa seems to have finally woken up
CONGRATULATIONS

Reactions: Ree89

Midorin

Jul 7, 2020
Copying/pasting my own post from the Outland ppr thread :
Hello everyone,
I finally received my RFV mail.

AoR : Jan 2020
FSW-O
CoR : Morocco / Family of 3
NOC : 4163
Remeds request : late Aug / Done by 03 Sept
PPR : 9 Nov

It was one of the hardest ordeals of my life because I invested everything financially and emotionally speaking and dragged my wife and son into this. We sold our belongings, pushed my wife to quit her job, left her with my little one in the care of her parents in another city, while I scrambled to survive alone and sustain myself with my job that I just wanted to quit each and every passing day. I had my share of doubts, my moments of weakness I was devoid of motivation, aimless... But now Thank God Almighty everything is going to be alright.

I am thankful to all of you guys who shared advice, opinions, hopes and laments during these hard times. A big thanks to @legalfalcon, @caipsnotes and all the other great people out there.
And to all the others still waiting, I wish to all a speedy PPR that will end all this meaningless anguish.
WE WILL MAKE IT.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Copying/pasting my own post from the Outland ppr thread :
Hello everyone,
I finally received my RFV mail.

AoR : Jan 2020
FSW-O
CoR : Morocco / Family of 3
NOC : 4163
Remeds request : late Aug / Done by 03 Sept
PPR : 9 Nov

It was one of the hardest ordeals of my life because I invested everything financially and emotionally speaking and dragged my wife and son into this. We sold our belongings, pushed my wife to quit her job, left her with my little one in the care of her parents in another city, while I scrambled to survive alone and sustain myself with my job that I just wanted to quit each and every passing day. I had my share of doubts, my moments of weakness I was devoid of motivation, aimless... But now Thank God Almighty everything is going to be alright.

I am thankful to all of you guys who shared advice, opinions, hopes and laments during these hard times. A big thanks to @legalfalcon, @caipsnotes and all the other great people out there.
And to all the others still waiting, I wish to all a speedy PPR that will end all this meaningless anguish.
WE WILL MAKE IT.
I am happy for you and your family. The process is really painful. Wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwatiB and Midorin

SwatiB

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hopefully rest of us get to share ppr news soon, I was never contacted for remedicals so not sure when the file will be taken up again.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I recently got my GCMS notes. It shows that my medicals are valid until 15th DEC 2021 and my spouse medicals are valid till 3rd March 2022. As per my last GCMS notes in March 2021, my spouse’s medicals were valid until 1st Jan 2021. Request your kind support on a few questions -

1) Despite the medicals showing up as valid in GCMS notes, why does the overall medical status reflect as expired in GCMS?

2) I was trying to understand when my spouse’s medicals were extended but unable to see any update date. Even the notes section doesn’t reflect that. Could you advise where in the GCMS notes can I see the update date?

1. If any of the family members meds are about to expire or have expired then the status will show as expired. The meds have to be valid when the processing starts, and when you land.

2. There is a section for meds, see https://bit.ly/3kkEZ2U

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Got a GU today and medicals once again went from "Jan 25, 2021 you passed the medical exam" to
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Does this mean I may get a medicals extension or remedicals soon? My medicals were extended til Feb 2022 last time it got extended
That will be decided by the IRCC Heath branch.

RaghuramRoy

Dec 5, 2020
PPR received 9 Nov 2021

Very happy for you ! More details on your application? Cor ? FSW o?

Govind B

Jan 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-09-2019
Doc's Request.
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
19-12-2019
AOR Received.
25-01-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2021
PPR received 9 Nov 2021

COPR Expiry ?

monster_yoda

Dec 3, 2019
I have been one of the silent observers in the group throughout this painful long term wait. Finally I got my decision approved in the portal. I am yet to receive back my stamped passport. I hope all of you still waiting get the good news soon and start your new life after being stuck so long in the limbo.

AOR: 8th Jan 2020. (OINP applicant : August 2019)[ So ya, it was more than 3 years wait]
Remedical: Feb 2021
Ready for visa mail: Oct 2021
Approved after sending passport for stamping: 9th Nov 2021. (3 weeks from RFV mail)

Even though the above news gives me some relief, I am stuck with new uncertainties.
Seems like the PPR is valid only till Feb 2022. That gives me very little room to find an IT job in Canada and resettle. My existing IT service company does not seem to be too willing to transfer me to Canada.

What are the odds of landing an IT job within 3 months from India? Quitting and withdrawing my life savings so fast and relocating in the midst of the Canadian winter seems quite impossible to me. :(
Is there any way the expiry date can be extended?

Reactions: Rkb94

Govind B

Jan 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-09-2019
Doc's Request.
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
19-12-2019
AOR Received.
25-01-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2021
I have been one of the silent observers in the group throughout this painful long term wait. Finally I got my decision approved in the portal. I am yet to receive back my stamped passport. I hope all of you still waiting get the good news soon and start your new life after being stuck so long in the limbo.

AOR: 8th Jan 2020. (OINP applicant : August 2019)[ So ya, it was more than 3 years wait]
Remedical: Feb 2021
Ready for visa mail: Oct 2021
Approved after sending passport for stamping: 9th Nov 2021. (3 weeks from RFV mail)

Even though the above news gives me some relief, I am stuck with new uncertainties.
Seems like the PPR is valid only till Feb 2022. That gives me very little room to find an IT job in Canada and resettle. My existing IT service company does not seem to be too willing to transfer me to Canada.

What are the odds of landing an IT job within 3 months from India? Quitting and withdrawing my life savings so fast and relocating in the midst of the Canadian winter seems quite impossible to me. :(
Is there any way the expiry date can be extended?
Congrats ! I believe you can raise the web form and extend your COPR validity.

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hey guys, just got my new gcms notes and there’s only one noticeable change:
Old notes:
Application assignment
Due date; 2020/06/29
Assigned by: d2791
Assigned to: RC-9515
Most recent notes: (looks like new due date and agent assigned?)
While the new ones I received this morning say:
Application assignment
Due date; 2021/12/01
Assigned by: dc6197
Assigned to: kf19661

My security still says not started and criminality in progress since March 2020! Thank you

monster_yoda

Dec 3, 2019
Does a PR visa also suffice as work permit? Or is there any separate application for that?
My current employer is asking for something like "Work authorization copy (Employment authorization card issued by the immigration authorities) ".

Can anyone please help me find what this is?