17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you. I am FSW Outland from India.
The dates on the stages say it was in this state way back in December and the notes were delayed.
The officer notes say that medicals were extended until June and new IME will be requested in case it expires (and it most definitely will).
How long in your experience will someone in my situation have to wait?
Is there any chance of this application being refused/expired at this point?

I understand of course that the pandemic situation is unpredictable.

If you reapplication. has passed eligibility, the chances of a refusal are very very slim.

Currently most applications for outland applicants are on hold. You will juts have ti wait.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , my AOR is Jan 25, 2020. I have received my GCMS notes today and I see that my application has not been approved yet. IRCC requested for a remedicals in January this year and as per my online account, it has passed on 17th Feb, 2021 . I applied for GCMS on 1st April hoping that there will be a decision made on my application. Can you please advise other than the Assessment part in page 2 and the Notes 1 part where for me it says Requested for Remedicals(it has already passed on feb 17th), is there anywhere else where there would be a note on Additional document requests? Not able to understand why the file is still not approved. I am not looking to travel or a COPR, just a decision on my file would have given me a peace of mind.
Many applications after all stages are passed have ben put on hold. As long as your application has passed all stages, that is what matters.

Also, for those who have approved on their GCMS notes, have not been issued COPR or PR visas.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Same here. AOR is Feb 1 2020. Although my medicals got extended end of March but it's not yet reflecting on my account. I called to get the update on medicals. Are yours extended as well?
Hi My medical was also recently extended but it was not reflected in my account. In your case, when was the medical extension reflected in your portal? Does medical extension imply that they work on your case? Thanks!

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi My medical was also recently extended but it was not reflected in my account. In your case, when was the medical extension reflected in your portal? Does medical extension imply that they work on your case? Thanks!
So, I called IRCC customer care sometime mid April and they told me that my medicals were extended at the end of March but they didn't tell me the day. Then on April 29th, I got a mail from IRCC that I had a message in my inbox, and when I logged in, the medical extension was there and I got PPR as well. I hope this helps.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
So, I called IRCC customer care sometime mid April and they told me that my medicals were extended at the end of March but they didn't tell me the day. Then on April 29th, I got a mail from IRCC that I had a message in my inbox, and when I logged in, the medical extension was there and I got PPR as well. I hope this helps.
Thanks so much for your reply. When you called in mid April, what stage was the application in at that time (eg, eligibility and security)? I am curious because my medical was extended but last time i checked my security was still not started. I wonder, in your case, does the medical extension sort of kick off the rest of the process from your perspective? Thanks!

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Thanks so much for your reply. When you called in mid April, what stage was the application in at that time (eg, eligibility and security)? I am curious because my medical was extended but last time i checked my security was still not started. I wonder, in your case, does the medical extension sort of kick off the rest of the process from your perspective? Thanks!
You're welcome.

My criminality and eligibility were passed since March and May 2020 respectively. Security was not initiated as at early March 2021 but as far as I know it was passed before the medicals were extended and they were both done in March.

When was your medicals extended?

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
You're welcome.

My criminality and eligibility were passed since March and May 2020 respectively. Security was not initiated as at early March 2021 but as far as I know it was passed before the medicals were extended and they were both done in March.

Congrats for your PR. Was your criminality and eligibility reflecting passed online in your account before updating of medicals ? My medicals also extended on 21 April but no approval yet. All stages are passed, but they are not reflecting in my account, only medicals were updated.

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
Congratulations. Are you FSW or CEC?

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
You're welcome.

Thanks for the info. My medical was extended around April 28 but it has not been updated in my account yet. As you mentioned your security may have been passed before medical extension, did you see any signals at all (like GUs) that may have been related to security being passed back in March? Thanks!

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Thanks for the info. My medical was extended around April 28 but it has not been updated in my account yet. As you mentioned your security may have been passed before medical extension, did you see any signals at all (like GUs) that may have been related to security being passed back in March? Thanks!
I decided not to log in the whole of March because of all the mental torture but when I did in April, I saw a GU. I think you can cautiously be optimistic and expect something to happen a month after medical extension....fingers crossed and wishing you all the best

Last edited:
Reactions: gamzoog

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Congrats for your PR. Was your criminality and eligibility reflecting passed online in your account before updating of medicals ? My medicals also extended on 21 April but no approval yet. All stages are passed, but they are not reflecting in my account, only medicals were updated.
Thank you. I believe criminality and eligibility do not reflect on your account until after you receive COPR but my criminality was passed in March 2020 and eligibility in May 2020. Hopefully you get PPR or COPR in a few weeks, as it seems IRCC is trying to clear out the backlog, although at snail pace. All the best!!

Last edited:
Reactions: PSpharwaha

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
I decided not to log in the whole of March because of all the mental torture but when I did in April, I saw a GU. I think you can cautiously be optimistic and expect something to happen a month after medical extension....fingers crossed and wishing you all the best
Thanks a lot for your reply. Best of luck!

Zack14

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Hi mate are you an outland applicant and if so what number did you call IRCC on to follow up on the procedure? Thank you