+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
@legalfalcon I just recieved my GCMS notes. I had a few observations regarding our medicals. While the medicals show as expired on page 2, in further sections my medicals validity date is extended till 15th Dec 2021. But for my spouse, the validity date shows as 1st Jan 2021. Our medicals expiry date was 9th Dec 2020.

In the notes section, below is the latest note on 15th Dec 2020 : -

"Reassessment has been granted. A new medical activity will need to be created in order to reflect the new medical validity date. This is a permanent resident applicant whose file has been finalized and has been identified as part of the inventory for whose Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is about to expire. In order to relieve the pressures associated with COVID - 19, the file is being reassessed (6 months for designated countries and 1 year for non - designated countries). Should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical, a new IME will be required. The IME was assessed as M1 or M3."

Both mine and my spouse's medicals are M1 and S1.

Could you advise if this would mean our medicals are extended?
what is your country of residence? how can we check the designated and non-designated countries?

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Thanks for sharing link, I have checked it before as well, but it says for temporary residency visas.

AbheekG

Mar 11, 2021
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well!

This is in relation to my express entry application: I received my AOR last year on Jan 23rd 2020 and submitted my biometrics around that time as well. I'd also completed my medical test, and I was asked for some additional family information on the 25th of Feb 2020. However since then, it's been nothing but absolute silence from IRCC. I check my emails several times everyday and haven't missed anything from them, and my IRCC GCKey account simply states that "It's taking us longer to process your application than usual."

My country of residence and passport is India. Have others from the Jan 2020 AOR group heard back? Is it unusual that it's taking so long?

Grateful for any insights you guys can provide, and wishing everyone a happy Friday!

pritesh27

May 24, 2019
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well!

This is in relation to my express entry application: I received my AOR last year on Jan 23rd 2020 and submitted my biometrics around that time as well. I'd also completed my medical test, and I was asked for some additional family information on the 25th of Feb 2020. However since then, it's been nothing but absolute silence from IRCC. I check my emails several times everyday and haven't missed anything from them, and my IRCC GCKey account simply states that "It's taking us longer to process your application than usual."

My country of residence and passport is India. Have others from the Jan 2020 AOR group heard back? Is it unusual that it's taking so long?

Grateful for any insights you guys can provide, and wishing everyone a happy Friday!
Yes, it is not unusual but rather common these days due to the pandemic.
My Aor is 27th Jan 2020 and I'm on the same boat as you. My medicals expired in December 2020 so I received a re-medical request in Feb 2021 that too after I sent them multiple webforms regarding the same. However, no updates since then except medicals passed. Losing hope day by day now!

Reactions: AbheekG

AbheekG

Mar 11, 2021
Yes, it is not unusual but rather common these days due to the pandemic.
My Aor is 27th Jan 2020 and I'm on the same boat as you. My medicals expired in December 2020 so I received a re-medical request in Feb 2021 that too after I sent them multiple webforms regarding the same. However, no updates since then except medicals passed. Losing hope day by day now!
Thanks for the response bud, damn that's discouraging.

Anyone heard back anything? Or are these applications now just discarded silently by IRCC??

jeremy11235

Feb 13, 2021
Thanks for the response bud, damn that's discouraging.

Anyone heard back anything? Or are these applications now just discarded silently by IRCC??
My application is January 28, 2020 AOR CEC inland, VO ottawa
medical passed feb 12th, 2020
biometrics March 3rd, 2020

then 1 year of silence.. (everything passed July 2020 though when I called them)

GU on medical expiry (i.e. you do not need medical) March 3rd, 2021
GU on medical extension (i.e. you passed medical on latest update) March 11th, 2021

still waiting for final COPR

Shane999

Jan 7, 2020

then 1 year of silence.. (everything passed July 2020 though when I called them)

GU on medical extension (i.e. you passed medical on latest update) March 11th, 2021

Same here. AOR Jan 23, 2020. CEC inland. Everything pass since July 24,2020. No response from them. Just generic due to COVID. Even my biometric was done before COVID. I wonder what stopping them to finalizing the application.

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020

You should get the copr soon

skadri

May 17, 2020
@legalfalcon
My GCMS notes say the following
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:
==================
Notes: 1
Created Date: 2020/05/08 11:43:09
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: Application appears ready for approval

My questions are:
Are there any chances of rejection now?
For medical should I wait for IRCC's communication?