+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
It seems the IRCC COVID-19 backlogs were mainly caused by 2 things. The first was the inability to get people into mailrooms to open applications. The second is that IRCC apparently works in shifts using shared workstations, and there wasn't enough "equipment" to take home

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-aor-join-here.666708/page-453#post-9075529
Hmm while I do understand that things have been tough, I guess the key question is about what is the road ahead for all the pending applications as we are now 9+ months into the pandemic. It’s fantastic that so many new ITAs are being issued in the last couple of draws.

But with fewer PPRs generally being issued, I can only imagine the backlog getting bigger and bigger. I honestly hope that in the coming year we get some answers soon enough on what can applicants from 2019 and early 2020 expect.

Reactions: Aunty23

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
It seems the IRCC COVID-19 backlogs were mainly caused by 2 things. The first was the inability to get people into mailrooms to open applications. The second is that IRCC apparently works in shifts using shared workstations, and there wasn't enough "equipment" to take home

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-aor-join-here.666708/page-453#post-9075529
I understand that things are difficult to handle, but the whole world went remote for months now. They are not using supercomputers, I cannot imagine that in 9 months they could not figure out a way to set up a VPN and provide officers with laptops. In the link they claim that for 55% of officers there was no issue, but I do not see 55% of the work done.

Sorry for being this critical about the way in which they are doing their job, but some applications are untouched for more than 6 months while other started and ended in the meantime. I do not thin that this is fair or a good use of their resources.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I understand that things are difficult to handle, but the whole world went remote for months now. They are not using supercomputers, I cannot imagine that in 9 months they could not figure out a way to set up a VPN and provide officers with laptops. In the link they claim that for 55% of officers there was no issue, but I do not see 55% of the work done.

Sorry for being this critical about the way in which they are doing their job, but some applications are untouched for more than 6 months while other started and ended in the meantime. I do not thin that this is fair or a good use of their resources.
They didn't need the COVID to happen to know about BCP. There should have been a plan incase of events like this. It's absolutely surprising that an advanced country like this still has such hiccups. Come on, this is stone-age mentality. Sorry, this is not the place the vent.

vishalbrij

Feb 4, 2020
INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2020
Med's Done....
11-02-2020
My AOR is 17th January 2020, PNP Nova Scotia candidate, US resident, VO- Etobicoke. No PPR yet. The wait is killing.
Same here.
My AOR is 17th January, 2020, AINP, India, NDVO. No PPR yet. The wait is killing.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes I called IRCC yesterday and they mentioned that my medicals have been extended till 15 Dec 2021. My previous medical expiry date was 9th Dec 2020.

My AOR is 10th Jan 2020 and my VO is Ottawa and am FSW Outland. Since quite a while all my stages are passed and the application is pending final decision.

I had two questions -

1) When I login, it still shows a message like “You don’t need a medical exam and we will let you know if it is required.” Is this normal? Would you know how soon this would get updated with the new date?

2) Is medical extension a good sign in terms of getting a PPR anytime soon?

Last edited:

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes I called IRCC yesterday and they mentioned that my medicals have been extended till 15 Dec 2021. My previous medical expiry date was 9th Dec 2020.

My AOR is 10th Jan 2020 and my VO is Ottawa and am FSW Outland. Since quite a while all my stages are passed and the application is pending final decision.

I had two questions -

1) When I login, it still shows a message like “You don’t need a medical exam and we will let you know if it is required.” Is this normal? Would you know how soon this would get updated with the new date?

Hey same boat just got my medicals extended on the 22 nd of December. A friend of mine got them extended on the 7 of December and got her PPR few days after hoping for the same outcome.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hey same boat just got my medicals extended on the 22 nd of December. A friend of mine got them extended on the 7 of December and got her PPR few days after hoping for the same outcome.
Hey that’s great. Could you let me know if you are FSW or PNP? And has your medical update been indicated when you login? Hope you get PPR soon.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Agree, more can and needs to be done.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hmm while I do understand that things have been tough, I guess the key question is about what is the road ahead for all the pending applications as we are now 9+ months into the pandemic. It’s fantastic that so many new ITAs are being issued in the last couple of draws.

But with fewer PPRs generally being issued, I can only imagine the backlog getting bigger and bigger. I honestly hope that in the coming year we get some answers soon enough on what can applicants from 2019 and early 2020 expect.
There is some speculation that increased level of immigration in the coming years may actually be coming from the backlog.

Reactions: aseemrastogi2

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I called IRCC yesterday and they mentioned that my medicals have been extended till 15 Dec 2021. My previous medical expiry date was 9th Dec 2020.

I had two questions -

1. Yes, this is normal when you medicals are sent for reassessment for extension.

2. If your medicals were about to expire or had expired, they would be reassessed. This is good since IRCC cannot issue you a final decision (PPR) unless your medicals are valid. So expect a decision soon and one less thing to worry about.