+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Newbie82

Mar 2, 2020
@legalfalcon I know you must have answered this question many times, but just want to reconfirm with you. "Being a SINP nominated applicatant, if the city of destination on the copr is Regina, is it ok to travel to Saskatoon". If the immigration officer at Toronto airport asks us where are you heading is it ok to say Saskatoon instead of Regina? Or will it create a problem because city of destination on the copr is mentioned as Regina?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I know you must have answered this question many times, but just want to reconfirm with you. "Being a SINP nominated applicatant, if the city of destination on the copr is Regina, is it ok to travel to Saskatoon". If the immigration officer at Toronto airport asks us where are you heading is it ok to say Saskatoon instead of Regina? Or will it create a problem because city of destination on the copr is mentioned as Regina?

You can land at any port of entry, and travel to your nominating province. You do not have to land in your nominating province. However, when you land you may be asked for your travel plans to your nominating province, which you should have either directly or after a few days.

To read more on PNP obligations and your mobility rights under the constitution, see https://bit.ly/2V57ghe

General landing resources: https://bit.ly/33fCzu0

Koopidz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-08-2019
Nomination.....
16-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021
Congrats @Koopidz.... Were you at anytime asked to retake medicals or it was extended?
No, I never got any communication about my medicals, I think it expires sometime in Feb

kunal10208

Aug 17, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon , My application is at Ottawa VO, it seems they have not touched my application since June. Last note was RFV, spouse COR=India. Do you think adding a job offer valid for more than two years now will make any harm or benefit to my application?

Currently I am in Canada. I was planning to go India. I think I have to update my address.
Also, my medicals are expiring on Dec 9th. Do you think I might not get an extension on medicals if I travel now? I am in Canada since last 1.5yrs, i.e. after submitting application I did not got out of Canada.

Do I need to send email to Ottawa VO asking if they have extended my medicals?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , My application is at Ottawa VO, it seems they have not touched my application since June. Last note was RFV, spouse COR=India. Do you think adding a job offer valid for more than two years now will make any harm or benefit to my application?

Currently I am in Canada. I was planning to go India. I think I have to update my address.
Also, my medicals are expiring on Dec 9th. Do you think I might not get an extension on medicals if I travel now? I am in Canada since last 1.5yrs, i.e. after submitting application I did not got out of Canada.

Do I need to send email to Ottawa VO asking if they have extended my medicals?
Any Job reference letter now, or an offer letter will have no impact as your application is locked when you submit the application.

If you change your country of residence, you will have to inform IRCC of your change of address.

As regards medicals, it is not dependent on travel. If your medicals are about to expire, or have expired, IRCC will reassess them for an extension or remed.

In most cases extension is granted.

Reactions: kunal10208

Kash1994

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Please has anyone tried applying for a Visitor's visa while their PR application is still on going?
Hi,

Did you apply for a visitor visa already? If yes, could you please assist me since i have been waiting for my PR file since May 2019. VO is Montreal. I am exempt under extended family exemptions as well. I have heard about new visitor visa requirements where we can mention about our travel exemptions and file will be prioritized. Please advise if you have any information on this.

Thank you in advance.

kunal10208

Aug 17, 2019
Any Job reference letter now, or an offer letter will have no impact as your application is locked when you submit the application.

If you change your country of residence, you will have to inform IRCC of your change of address.

As regards medicals, it is not dependent on travel. If your medicals are about to expire, or have expired, IRCC will reassess them for an extension or remed.

In most cases extension is granted.
I know I am asking stupid questions, but I am getting anxious because IRCC is not approving this even after 11months of submitting application and also NDVO not processing visitor / OWP visa for family after 6months of applying the same. I don't have clue what to do next.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hey @legalfalcon my medical is expiring on 9th December 2020 and I haven’t yet received any update regarding extension or remedical. I just wanted to confirm when is it sent to RMO for evaluation of extension or remedical? Is it on the day of expiry or before or after?