10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon , with update from people on receiving PPR, I want to ask a question please .In the event someone who got a passport request in Nov 2020 but Medicals expires in Jan 2021, (assuming that IRCC never extended his Medicals) and he wants to travel before medical expiry what can the person do in such a situation with travel restrictions in place ?
1 Does he seek for an extension of copr via webform?

2. Does he do another medical on his own discretion even when he doesn’t get a remedical request?

3. Does he gamble to get the authorization letter and see if luck plays out for him ?
Your advice will be much appreciated @legalfalcon

On a side note :Honestly in my opinion IRCC has not been straightforward with their information. Lots of info on their websites with ambiguous statements. Things are not clear with straight forward and direct instructions to follow when people have expired COPR
They seem overwhelmed with the backlog and pile of applicants :(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , with update from people on receiving PPR, I want to ask a question please .In the event someone who got a passport request in Nov 2020 but Medicals expires in Jan 2021, (assuming that IRCC never extended his Medicals) and he wants to travel before medical expiry what can the person do in such a situation with travel restrictions in place ?
1 Does he seek for an extension of copr via webform?

2. Does he do another medical on his own discretion even when he doesn’t get a remedical request?

3. Does he gamble to get the authorization letter and see if luck plays out for him ?
Your advice will be much appreciated @legalfalcon

On a side note :Honestly in my opinion IRCC has not been straightforward with their information. Lots of info on their websites with ambiguous statements. Things are not clear with straight forward and direct instructions to follow when people have expired COPR
They seem overwhelmed with the backlog and pile of applicants :(

1. Before the PPR is sent IRCC will ensure that your medicals are valid not only when your application is approved, but also when you land and they you have sufficient time to land. If your medicals are expiring, IRCC will send your medicals for reassessment to the Regional medical officer who will make a determination on whether to extend them or ask for re-meds.

To know the details see the expiry date of your PR visa and COPR.

2. If you have received your cOPR, and you cannot land before the expiry of COPR, then you will have to inform IRCC, and seek an extension. IRCC will follow the same process as above and let you know if you need a re-med or not. You can do your meds without IRCC asking and submit the upfront sheet, but for most applicants IRCC is granting medical extensions.

Unfortunately, immigration is law and the law is provided in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, supplemented by the manuals. It is not a google search or what the IRCC website says and neither the info on the website can be quoted in the court. It is just to make information available to people so that they can understand.

See #4,335

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
1. Before the PPR is sent IRCC will ensure that your medicals are valid not only when your application is approved, but also when you land and they you have sufficient time to land. If your medicals are expiring, IRCC will send your medicals for reassessment to the Regional medical officer who will make a determination on whether to extend them or ask for re-meds.

To know the details see the expiry date of your PR visa and COPR.

2. If you have received your cOPR, and you cannot land before the expiry of COPR, then you will have to inform IRCC, and seek an extension. IRCC will follow the same process as above and let you know if you need a re-med or not. You can do your meds without IRCC asking and submit the upfront sheet, but for most applicants IRCC is granting medical extensions.

Unfortunately, immigration is law and the law is provided in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, supplemented by the manuals. It is not a google search or what the IRCC website says and neither the info on the website can be quoted in the court. It is just to make information available to people so that they can understand.

See #4,335
Thanks a million

Reactions: legalfalcon

MoMazz

Aug 14, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

This medical officer, is he a local medical officer (Primary applicants residing country) or someone in IRCC in Canada?

Regards.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

ssingh2020

Nov 15, 2020
I have been following this thread silently.

Category: Express Entry with PNP (Inland - Vancouver)

Here is my timeline:
AOR: 31 January 2020
Medical: February 2020
Biometrics: October 2020
Ghost Update in October 2020, one day after Biometrics (Biometrics status changed to completed)

Another ghost update:
Sunday, 15th November 2020 around 03:00 PM PST.

Strange to see update on Sunday.
Curious to know what's going on.

(I will try to be active here for few upcoming weeks - until get a decision on file)

sammy786

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
i think its glitch because when i opened my profile.. it showed submitted and then i clicked on it , it wasnt opening and then i reload page and now its showing application updated but still i cant open it and its showing bad gateway error

Reactions: ssingh2020

ssingh2020

Nov 15, 2020
Same for me.
Since then I am unable to check full application status.
Last time when I have seen this scenario (Unable to check status/bad gateway) was when the biometrics was being updated.
I think they have some kind of 'lock' which prevent us from checking the full application status when the application is open/being updated by someone.
If not, then I would take it as a system glitch.

hassan1212

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Just logged in a while ago and got a ghost update, however I am not able to check the full application, it shows an error. Is it a positive news or just a system glitch? FSW O, VO: Ottawa

SwatiB

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Just logged in a while ago and got a ghost update, however I am not able to check the full application, it shows an error. Is it a positive news or just a system glitch? FSW O, VO: Ottawa
Seems to be a glitch, I have Ottawa VO, same GU in my profile and Bad gateway error after clicking on profile