+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon

To tag onto the previous conversation about Eligibility passing, this is what my GCMS notes look like. Judging by your previous post is it correct to assume that my eligibility is met but not yet officially passed since it still needs to clear the officer? Should I be concerned that criminality is still in progress?

Thanks!

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

Kaplan16

Jul 2, 2020
The eligibility takes place in two stages. First an analyst or an assistant will review and make a recommendation. This can be recommended passed / Met / etc. This recommendation is then reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination. The terminology used such as met / recommended passed / passed an no relevance.

Instead see your assessment on page 2 of the GCMS notes and see the corresponding notes in the last 2-5 pages.

If your most recent note for eligibility looks like this, then your eligibility is passed.

If your most recent note looks like this, this is a recommendation from an analyst or an assistant.

The assistant / analyst note will be detailed and will list pretty much everything that was evaluated for eligibility. So read it carefully.

If it says that you have met the eligibility, then you need not worry. The officer who has carriage of your file will go with the recommendation is most cases.

What if the review required is only because you answered YES to a statutory question(specifically about the fact that you’ve been refused visa to a few countries like the US and UK)... Is that a factor to worry about?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hey,

I got the same message. Hit the 100% mark and while I know things are delayed, this 20% applications are more complex to process statement worries me a bit.

Is this the new normal to buy more time.. :(
Not to worry, this is fairly common. Moreover the progress bar just shows the time elapsed from the day an application is submitted. It does not inform what stage or how far an application has been processed. IRCC has a goal of processing 80% of the applications in 6 months. Since 2019 that has dropped to 60% in 6 months and now with COVID-19 it's adding additional time. There are other ways to keep tabs on the status; i.e. web-form, calling IRCC or GCMS notes (for inland applicants it's free https://help.gcmsnotes.com/how-to-order/for-free)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What if the review required is only because you answered YES to a statutory question(specifically about the fact that you’ve been refused visa to a few countries like the US and UK)... Is that a factor to worry about?
A visa rejection from another country or even Canada, if solely on grounds of the officer finding that you may not live the country or you do not meet the requirements is not a ground of concern, as long as you mention it your application. The RR is placed to inform officer of a visa refusal so that they can look up why it was refused, was it due to war crimes, organised crime, etc.

You have to be truthful in your application. Also, if you have made prior application to IRCC before, all your applications have to be consistent. If there is a discrepancy, it should be addressed.

They law is very clear on this, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Similarly, in the case of In Goburdhun v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 971 at para 28, Justice Strickland summarized the key considerations outlined in the jurisprudence, including the fact that paragraph 40(1)(a) is to be given a broad interpretation, capturing misrepresentations even if made by a third party such as a consultant, without the knowledge of the applicant (see also Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 647 at para 25). The only exception to this rule is narrow and applies in the truly extraordinary circumstances where an applicant honestly and reasonably believed that they were not misrepresenting a material fact and knowledge of the misrepresentation was beyond the applicant’s control.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

To tag onto the previous conversation about Eligibility passing, this is what my GCMS notes look like. Judging by your previous post is it correct to assume that my eligibility is met but not yet officially passed since it still needs to clear the officer? Should I be concerned that criminality is still in progress?

Thanks!

Yes, your eligibility is recommended passed, yet to be finalised by an officer.

Kaplan16

Jul 2, 2020
A visa rejection from another country or even Canada, if solely on grounds of the officer finding that you may not live the country or you do not meet the requirements is not a ground of concern, as long as you mention it your application. The RR is placed to inform officer of a visa refusal so that they can look up why it was refused, was it due to war crimes, organised crime, etc.

You have to be truthful in your application. Also, if you have made prior application to IRCC before, all your applications have to be consistent. If there is a discrepancy, it should be addressed.

They law is very clear on this, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Similarly, in the case of In Goburdhun v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 971 at para 28, Justice Strickland summarized the key considerations outlined in the jurisprudence, including the fact that paragraph 40(1)(a) is to be given a broad interpretation, capturing misrepresentations even if made by a third party such as a consultant, without the knowledge of the applicant (see also Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 647 at para 25). The only exception to this rule is narrow and applies in the truly extraordinary circumstances where an applicant honestly and reasonably believed that they were not misrepresenting a material fact and knowledge of the misrepresentation was beyond the applicant’s control.
thanks a lot!

Reactions: legalfalcon

Sangram. Janugade

May 26, 2020
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
Application received
100% complete
Estimated completion date *

January 17, 2020

Estimated completion date: July 17, 2020
* The estimated processing time may change depending on how many applications we receive and other factors. This progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - February 11, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • February 11, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
  • February 14, 2020 Completed.
Background check Help - Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same for Me.AOR 17th Jan 2020.

Reactions: vishalbrij

jubairkhalid

Aug 14, 2017
Hi everyone, my AOR is Jan 9th, 2 weeks ago I ordered my GCMS notes. 2 days ago I got a reply, Assessment section says
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Req:
Final: Approved
I have some questions like some my sections like security, HIRV, Org Crime, Misrepresentation and other Req is empty. My question is that do some of my processes are remaining or if Final says approved, that means no other steps are continuing? I am asking this question because I didn't receive any approval letter yet, and most of the people in this form were saying that all their steps are approved except security in progress. Can anyone please help me out? I will appreciate it. Thanks

taranveer14

Dec 15, 2019
Hi everyone, my AOR is Jan 9th, 2 weeks ago I ordered my GCMS notes. 2 days ago I got a reply, Assessment section says
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Req:
I have some questions like some my sections like security, HIRV, Org Crime, Misrepresentation and other Req is empty. My question is that do some of my processes are remaining or if Final says approved, that means no other steps are continuing? I am asking this question because I didn't receive any approval letter yet, and most of the people in this form were saying that all their steps are approved except security in progress. Can anyone please help me out? I will appreciate it. Thanks
Are you outland?

GW007

May 22, 2020
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Req:
@jubairkhalid, this means you are good as all aspects of your application has been concluded and your PR approved... Congrats