+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Kuldeep19

Mar 10, 2019
Hey, COPR letter is used at the landing time which has a limited validity. You will see it’s validity on your online account. Original letter is received when you send a passport, which is a PPR. Now, PPR step is skipped. Agree?

One should can keep original COPR safe since it’s one of the official documents. Make sense. But after you attend the landing interview at IRCC office or at the border, they send you the PR card by mail. You don’t need COPR then.

In our cases, since border are closed , passport can’t be sent, COPR letter that received treated as a landing completed. Hence you are going to PR card directly. We skipped the PPR & landing formality. Don’t expect any other document. And even if you get it, once PR card is received, that letter has a nice lifetime place in the documents folder.
You might have better understanding than me about formal process (before CoVid). However as it is public forum, just want to clarify, based on 2 times call with separate IRCC agents, we should expect hard copy of CoPR document as well and don't loose it. Even if you have PR card, CoPR original copy is still required to be kept with you for lifetime (Agents clearly told me this). May be it will make better sense in near future.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Makes sense since COPR does have an end date and its to be used as a substitute of PR. And COPr usually has photos but not in our case, so wonder how thats going to work. Is it necessary to apply for new SIN immediately since the temp SIN I have has validity until november?
They have asked for the photo for PR card. IRCC is smart, they know what they are doing ..lol

regarding SIN- yes, it’s recommended to apply for a new SIN. As long as your current SiN is valid, there is no rush at all.

If you have a child & want to apply for child benefits, only PR or citizen is able to do that. New SIn is must.

If someone have a CERB or EI maternity application under review, wait until theirs eligibility is complete. Then apply for a new SIN & let service Canada know. This will avoid delays.

Employer won’t care but make sure to update employer once a new SIN is obtained. After 2/3 weeks New SIn is obtained, call CRA. They get a weekly feed from Service Canada. You might end up re-registering if service Canada don’t send CRA update.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
You might have better understanding than me about formal process (before CoVid). However as it is public forum, just want to clarify, based on 2 times call with separate IRCC agents, we should expect hard copy of CoPR document as well and don't loose it. Even if you have PR card, CoPR original copy is still required to be kept with you for lifetime (Agents clearly told me this). May be it will make better sense in near future.
Sure, I agree that letter May be laminated & kept very safely, but it’s no use after PR card is received. Anyways, we will come to know when we travel outside or inside Canada.

Kuldeep19

Mar 10, 2019
Sure, I agree that letter May be laminated & kept very safely, but it’s no use after PR card is received. Anyways, we will come to know when we travel outside or inside Canada.
Important point: One of my friend had done landing before CoVID and officer told him not to even laminate CoPR :) Sounds funny but he was serious !! and you don;t need to carry CoPR while travelling outside Canada but keep it as a safe place. Officer told him that during pension days they would ask for this document even if you are citizen !! Very far from now but interesting point.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Important point: One of my friend had done landing before CoVID and officer told him not to even laminate CoPR :) Sounds funny but he was serious !! and you don;t need to carry CoPR while travelling outside Canada but keep it as a safe place. Officer told him that during pension days they would ask for this document even if you are citizen !! Very far from now but interesting point.
I was joking on lamination there. I meant I agree the document must be kept safe.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I got a request for BioMetrics for my non accompanying wife.

Here is my situation.
Me (Principal applicant)
BioMetrics Date: Submitted on Feb 20, 2020

My wife(Non accompanying)
BioMetrics: Requested on June 12, 2020.

I was under the assumption that non accompanying spouse doesn’t need bio metrics. The letter I received has my wife’s address as my address in US. She has never been to US, Canada or let alone travel out of India. I did not even pay my wife’s bio metric fees. The letter says that this is the proof for your payment of biometric fees. I am just confused right now.

I saw this thread in Twitter where Official Canada Immigration says that it is not required.

Was anyone in this situation? Should I raise webform request? If I want to call IRCC, what number should I call?

@dasha0609

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Guys seems some changes are happening for outland applicants, i just paste it here from group november aor 2019 :

Yes I did
Hello, can you please share your details? There is hardly any info for outland applicants. Please share your AOR, stream, progress bar and wether or not you got the email, or was it updated on your file? Thanks!

PS Congrats to everyone who's PR was approved. Really happy for you all.

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
do you think my process would have proceeded further? I wanted to order GCM notes but that takes 30-40 days and my application has less than 1 month to complete.
I would advise you to get them. I got them twice. Once after 4 month process the 2nd time after 5 month. And it was a good thing because i noticed that i forgot to send my job duties and the agent asked for them. So i took a proactive measure and send them before they asked for it speeding up the process. And in the 2nd set of notes I got that all was ok. It took me both time 20 days to get the notes.

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Aor Jan 6 fsw-O

elig passed
security valid
background valid
criminality valid

but no rprf yet

anyone can give insight? thank u
Umm weird. My AOR is Jan 7th and I am also an FSW-O applicant. On Feb 14th, 2020 I received an email for rprf fee. I paid within few minutes. Did you not receive an alert or email to pay the fee at all? Maybe you need to talk to the CIC/IRCC folks about this. :/

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Hello everyone,Finally wait is over.I received my PR toady. Aor 18 jan, crs 517 CEC. Edmonton CPC. I never raised any web form or order GCMC notes.Good luck to everyone waiting on their PR applications.
Congratulations!

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hey @GG12345 in my information letter it was asked to send 1 photo for each applicant (From my letter: "please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.") . I would advise to follow instructions as per letter you have received. My parcel was delivered today !!
Hey, my letter says 2 photos. Sent my parcel today. I Checked some old forums- when things were normal, In order to provide COPR, IRCC asked for the passport & 2 photos.

Not sure why some information letters have mention of only 1 photo.

I did mention UCI & name back of the photos but specification page says write a DOB. Lol. IRCC will have to make things consistent.