+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Kuldeep19

Mar 10, 2019
thanks. it seems 20 July is as per expiry date of medical exam. However the information letter says that the letter is valid for 1 year and can be used for getting government benefits. Not sure if COPR hard copy will be sent separately in mail or along with PR card.

Good luck to you as well. Hopefully you will also get good news in next couple of days.

Just called IRCC and the agent told me that the letter which we received is not CoPR document but just information document but that can be used as a proof for PR until we get the PR card. She also confirmed that the expiry date available for CoPR in CIC portal doesn't matter any more as this document overrides that for 1 year( as application is fully approved). She also advised me to send a Letter Of Explanation along with this information letter and a photo as CoPR document has not been shared with me yet. We will get CoPR document hard copy at later point of time.
Hope it will clarify doubts of few people who got information letters via email or CIC portal and are not sure what action to take.

vincan97

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
AoR Feb 10, got this reply to webform.

Please help me to understand this, TIA:-

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India.

Because of the specific nature of your enquiry, we invite you to contact them directly in order to:

• Submit a withdrawal request, if applicable,
  • Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome to a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on ourwebsite.

Is it really worrisome ?

avn2992

Aug 30, 2019
Ontario
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-08-2019
AOR Jan 19. PNP- inland
I called CIC day before yesterday and they said Eligibility is recommended Pass,
Yesterday I got My First Ghost Update.
Security has not been initiated yet. But At-least some progress.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hey guys i got my copr yesterday by email. Can someone guide tge further steps as things are not normal in this corona period. Thanks .
I dont understand what you mean about further steps? Didnt you read the letter? What dies the letter say? Did you read previous posts? About what other ppl did? Dont just ask questions for asking sake. Either be specific or read up before asking!

Reactions: raamin

sm311

Mar 7, 2020
Just called IRCC and the agent told me that the letter which we received is not CoPR document but just information document but that can be used as a proof for PR until we get the PR card. She also confirmed that the expiry date available for CoPR in CIC portal doesn't matter any more as this document overrides that for 1 year( as application is fully approved). She also advised me to send a Letter Of Explanation along with this information letter and a photo as CoPR document has not been shared with me yet. We will get CoPR document hard copy at later point of time.
Hope it will clarify doubts of few people who got information letters via email or CIC portal and are not sure what action to take.
Thank you for the very useful information!

pjbop28

Jun 5, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-01-2020
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
31-01-2020
Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to congratulate all the members who got the COPR/PR.

I am silent member and would like share my concern here.

On 4th May I got reply from IRCC after I raised webform on 29th April and it said:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Today again I got the mail from IRCC after I raised the webform on 2nd Jun and it said:

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

My concern her is that both the time I have received a same reply. Does any one else is also stuck like this? Can you guys please confirm background verification directly implies eligibility?

AOR - 13th Jan
Med - 29th Jan
Biometric - 31st Jan
RPRF - 12th Feb
Stream - FSW-O

Thanks in advance guys!

phani_nalla

Nov 18, 2018
AOR Jan 19. PNP- inland
I called CIC day before yesterday and they said Eligibility is recommended Pass,
Yesterday I got My First Ghost Update.
Security has not been initiated yet. But At-least some progress.
Same here. Yesterday my eligibility was updated to recommended pass. Got my first GU today.

Reactions: avn2992

gsingh1444

Aug 18, 2019
Hello everyone - I hope you all are safe.
My timeline
Stream - PNP Outland
AOR - 25th Jan
Med - 13th Feb
Bio - 15th Feb
No update ever since.

I had raised a web-form and got a reply today that everything is under process including Eligibility, Background etc.

Is anyone else in the same boat? I see most of the people around the same timeline have their Eligibility Passed at least which makes me nervous.

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to congratulate all the members who got the COPR/PR.

I am silent member and would like share my concern here.

On 4th May I got reply from IRCC after I raised webform on 29th April and it said:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Today again I got the mail from IRCC after I raised the webform on 2nd Jun and it said:

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

My concern her is that both the time I have received a same reply. Does any one else is also stuck like this? Can you guys please confirm background verification directly implies eligibility?

AOR - 13th Jan
Med - 29th Jan
Biometric - 31st Jan
RPRF - 12th Feb
Stream - FSW-O

Thanks in advance guys!
I have a similar status to you, AOR Jan 31 FSW-O. My file is also at Ottawa. I have only asked one time and got a response on May 22. I'm glad to see someone else is in the same place as me!

I have the same question on the background verification. I specifically asked about eligibility, security, and criminality, but the reply mentioned background verifications, security, and criminality. However I've seen other posts about responses where they mention eligibility along with those 3, or just eligibility and background checks, so I'm really confused what this response means.

Harry304

Jun 4, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for PR on Jan 6th 2020 as CEC entrant and below are the timelines

--- Received medical confirmation on Jan 25th
--- Completed bio-metrics on Feb 10th
--- Applied for BOWP on April 23rd (as my work permit will expire by June end)
--- BOWP status changed to approved on May 29th.
--- Document status for PR is now showing as COPR as of June 2nd.

I'm yet to receive bowp document through mail, but now my PR status is COPR.

My questions are :
--- Should I now ignore the bowp mail and proceed with steps after COPR OR will bowp now automatically gets cancelled/invalid ?
--- Will I get a refund for BOWP ?
--- Since my WP will expire by end of June, do I need to take steps for both COPR and BOWP so that I have VISA extension asap for renewing my health card ?

Thanks

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Any COPR from any FSW- O applicant out here? Let’s hear some good news guys
I don’t think any will get COPR. Someone in the Feb group received a response to a web request that said congratulations your application has been approved and then all the stuff about covid delays. They will most likely issue those out when travel restrictions have been lifted. I think the thing to look out for is that all stages have been cleared and that will be a good marker for knowing that you will receive the PPR soon. Just my thoughts.

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

Congratulations to those who have received their COPRs and good luck to us yet to receive.

I raised a webform last week and here is the reply i got:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

• The eligibility requirements are passed.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Any idea what this means?
It means you have been approved for PR!!!! Congrats!!!! No mention on security so I’m guessing that’s it’s passed!!!