+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

GW007

May 22, 2020
Already replied this! but is it normal for them to ask those question??
They are asking because for now they only issue COPR to CEC applicants and their family if they are all presently in Canada.... If the principal applicant is already in Canada but the family is not (if they are part of the application), the COPR will not be issued until your family is able to travel to Canada.

Dinesh_1583

Jan 5, 2019
They are asking because for now they only issue COPR to CEC applicants and their family if they are all presently in Canada.... If the principal applicant is already in Canada but the family is not (if they are part of the application), the COPR will not be issued until your family is able to travel to Canada.
Thanks for the reply.

I got the email asking for the status for my wife (dependent) and myself if we are in Canada!

But i got the email from Etobicoke but the webform reply i got on Monday said my file was in Ottawa.

I am so confused!

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hi,

I just received this email from IRCC !!

Dear Applicant,

We are following up in regards to the confirmation of your status and that of your Dependent (Name), being presently residing in Canada, in order to continue processing your Permanent Residency Application.

If you or your Dependent is residing in Canada, please reply to this email to confirm? If you or your Dependent are out of the country, also reply to this email, to let us know if arrangements are being made for your return?

Thank you,

Can anyone advised what does that mean??

Thanks
"Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again."

Dinesh_1583

Jan 5, 2019
"Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again."
Is that considered as a positive sign then?

Romain87

May 9, 2020
I received the COPR document ( mail from cic) today for myself and my spouse. But did not receive it for the Minor Kids. Trying to understand if for the Minor Kids they do not issue COPR ( should not be the case ).
After you le application has been approved , how many days did you receive this document ?

SirManDudeGuy

Jan 3, 2020
Congrats !!

are you an inland or Outland applicant? and the stream?
CEC Inland

Wow... Congratulations.
I have exact timeline as you with July 21 deadline, received just one GU.
Keeping fingers crossed.
FSW-O by the way.
The discussions after my post makes it seem like they are delaying outland applications due to border restrictions, pushing inland applications to completion faster

Swati1104

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I got this same response and called to speak with an agent just now. She was very pleasant and told me everything seems okay with eligibility and criminality passed and security not initiated. What this means is that by right we have 1 1/2 month left to go and security will hopefully be completed by then. In all fairness we were given a 6 month timeframe.
I understand it. But how come my background is in process now and was valid one month back

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Same here. I received GU1 on May 20 and GU2 on May 22 with no emails. And I noticed the background check changed.
1st changed to: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
2nd changed to: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Keep fingers crossed.
Update:

EE-PNP-Inland
VO: Etobicoke

ITA: Jan. 8, 2020
AOR: Jan. 16, 2020
MEP+BIL: Jan. 31, 2020
BIO: Feb. 3, 2020
GU: May 20, 2020
GU: May 22, 2020
CoPR: June 4, 2020

Wish you all good luck !

vinay@

Feb 18, 2020
Hi all, Just wondering i got an email from cic regarding the biometrics request. I have paid the fees $80 already while submitting my profile.Just want to know offices for biometrics are closed right now in canada ? Is there any other way out for the biometrics.I have 90 days to submit those.Need your suggestion.

MalithDisala

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi all, Just wondering i got an email from cic regarding the biometrics request. I have paid the fees $80 already while submitting my profile.Just want to know offices for biometrics are closed right now in canada ? Is there any other way out for the biometrics.I have 90 days to submit those.Need your suggestion.
raise a webform, inform your situation and your area of residence. take the biometric letter(s) with you when you go there.