+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hey Everyone,

My Background check and the final decision changed from we will let you know once the process starts to: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information and Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The update changed on June 1st, 2020. Thanks!
That's awesome! Glad to see FSW moving forward. Did you receive any GU?

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
How's the living cost in BC?
@Hope2021 , I lived in Ontario for a year before moving to BC. I prefer living in BC and here are the reasons why:
1. Rent is roughly the same ( Avg. $1500/2 bdrm)
2. The winters are milder
3. Food costs roughly the same (fresher ground provisions in BC due to food production)
4. Less ppl fighting over jobs. For e.g. I worked in Banking for 14 years and when i applied in Ontario I wasn't even shortlisted. Now I'm working for a Bank in BC that recognizes my previous experience and the salary is 60% more than what i was getting in Ontario. I even flew to Edmonton for training and had my expenses covered (meals, accommodation, fares etc.) by my employer.
5. Used cars cost roughly the same (but theres a used car tax of an extra 12%) but signing over ownership is easy.
6. Employers are more aware of work permits and implied status. For e.g. my spouse moved from Ontario and was hired by a company with his expired SIN and implied status work permit. They didnt even ask for the renewed copy- he is the one who brought it in 1 month after.
7. BC is close to Vegas ;) a rountrip flight can cost as low of $200CAD. ;)

Overall, I think the Western Provinces have more job opportunities for immigrants, esp those with work experience. They tend to find that it's easier to get a job more in line with what they had before. I think Ontario is overrated.

Last edited:

wetjessica

Jan 9, 2020
I have AOR date on Jan 10th and today i was told that the security verification has not initiated. :(
Anyone knows how long it could take for the security verification?

mpd93

Oct 21, 2019
Hello !
Firstly, thanks everyone for keeping this forum active. This forum is really very helpful in sharing their experiences.

AOR :11Jan
CEC: FSW Outland
Nationality ; Indian
Medical: Jan 24
Biometrics; Jan 29

Visa Office : I stay in Singapore, and had my biometrics done here as well, hence kept VO as Singapore while raising webform.

i requested my application status via webform and asked details specific to my application: Extract of my content below;
. “I would like to request you to provide an update on the status of Eligibility, Criminality and Security & Background of my application.”

i Received the reply from Canada High comission in singapore as below
“Your application is currently in process. We have forwarded your email to the processing office at CPC-Ottawa.
Please note that due to coronavirus outbreak, Canada’s missions are providing essential services only. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.”

Did I mentioned my VO wrong ? If no, shouldnt i should receive specific status of my application? If Yes, should my VO be Ottawa ? My end objective is to know the specific status of my application, Let me know if i went wrong anywhere.

TIA

nna2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
That's awesome! Glad to see FSW moving forward. Did you receive any GU?
Hey Everyone,

My Background check and the final decision changed from we will let you know once the process starts to: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information and Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The update changed on June 1st, 2020. Thanks!
Mine never changes and stays the same since the early days up to now at Background check and Final decision part as We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information and Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My AOR is 16th Jan and progress bar is 76%.

Reactions: mpd93

dravidmsk

May 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-01-2020
We're still working on your application.
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address:

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.
I just received this update. Any significance guys or a general email?

Artim9960

May 22, 2020
Hello friends! I'va just got 2 weird emails in 3 minutes !!!!
Ine in black one in purple color font :)))) haha !!! Why ?! Really confused....

Email:
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

Huh .... ????