I raised a webform a month ago and this was the status -
Eligibility: Under Review
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Currently Valid

However, i got this response yesterday to my latest webform -
Eligibility: In progress
Security: Not initiated
Criminality: Not initiated

How come Criminality was valid a month ago but now it’s not initiated? Any inputs would be really appreciated.. AOR 26 Jan

breakthrough2019

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Hi everyone hope we are fine

Would it be appropriate to send a webform to IRCC to find out status of my application especially with the Skeletal services that is provided by IRCC. ???

Category is FSW express entry

Below are the info
ITA: Dec 17 2019
AOR : Jan 9 2020
MEP : Jan 27 2020
Biometric Done: Feb 4 2020

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical result - Review of medical results
  • January 27, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
Feb 4 2020 Completed.

Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
May I ask this group (please don’t take this as an attack) but Why are you guys raising webforms if you applied in January? Like it’s supposed to be 6 months or less and may be different now with covid. dont you guys think if you stop overloading IRCC with unnecessary status checks since they already have limited resources they will process faster? I feel people with real issues or concerns that actually need the webform may now have to wait longer. Think about it! Thanks

Iameneekle

Jul 24, 2016
Got a ghost update. My additional document changed from we a re reviewing the additional document ...to not applicable. AOR is January 27th. Can someone tell me what's next after this?

breakthrough2019

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
May I ask this group (please don’t take this as an attack) but Why are you guys raising webforms if you applied in January? Like it’s supposed to be 6 months or less and may be different now with covid. dont you guys think if you stop overloading IRCC with unnecessary status checks since they already have limited resources they will process faster? I feel people with real issues or concerns that actually need the webform may now have to wait longer. Think about it! Thanks
Thanks! I was thinking same also.
Kind Regards

CG7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019

Helps ease the anxiety. I will personally continue raising webforms if I feel the need to do so. IRCC can decide not to reply to them but so far, they have been replying.

Formah

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Well, I think its not a bad idea to have an idea of ones application status. The staff responding to such request are not the ones working on our files. I don't think it slows the process in any way.

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
HI Guys,

I got the following Reply today from IRCC and I don't know what does valid mean

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The background verifications are currently valid.

· The security background verification is currently valid.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

· The medical examination results on file are valid.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

jake84

May 23, 2015
That's what I have said million times, but I haven't been as polite as you. It truly bothers me how unconscious people are at this moment.

I applied Jan 9th and have not send any request, I'm simply waiting the time I'm supposed to wait.

You all need to relax and stop overloading IRCC asking unnecessary questions. You're making them waster precious time asking the same questions over and over again. I can't imagine how annoyed the officers are at this moment. Don't you see that all of the replies are the same? Just stop!

Start worrying and asking questions after 6 months. Especially those who are outside Canada. Probably, you won't be moving to Canada this year. That's the reality of the situation. Borders are closed! And they will be closed in the unforeseen future. That does not mean that you're application is going to be rejected, it means that there are other priorities right now.