+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't think they would stop.
But they posted that on their website.

Under new general processing measures, IRCC says applications will not be refused for non-compliance and all those currently in progress at IRCC offices abroad at case processing centres and within the Domestic Network will continue to be processed. There may be delays as some visa application centres are closed until further notice, and some IRCC offices are operating with essential staff only.

So i would guess it would at least slow things down for a while and maybe later on issue them in bulk.

supernovamuz

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
But they posted that on their website.

Under new general processing measures, IRCC says applications will not be refused for non-compliance and all those currently in progress at IRCC offices abroad at case processing centres and within the Domestic Network will continue to be processed. There may be delays as some visa application centres are closed until further notice, and some IRCC offices are operating with essential staff only.

So i would guess it would at least slow things down for a while and maybe later on issue them in bulk.
I think there is a difference between case processing centres and visa application centres.

Viking-VM

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Guys, I am anxious and everyone is anxious about their application. But, think about it- how would you feel as an employee if your department gave customers a 6 month processing time and they start calling from 1 month- 2 months....wanting to know where things are. We would be frustrated and I think the agents are getting more and more annoyed with us everyday. I've seen on this forum where ppl recommend GCMS notes when the application is at 4 months and I agree. Let us try to give them some time. Also, I think COVID will pushback processing times as is stated on the cic website.
My Case is similar except for FSW - Outland
Aor - 30 Jan 2020
Medical - 12 Feb 2020
Biometric - 14 Feb 2020

Profile Shows 26 %.
I would suggest to wait for 60 days from AOR - ie until 30 March 2020 in our case, and then raise for any request or u can call IRCC
Expect something only after you see your progress bar crosses 50% in an ideal world

Viking-VM

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I know you guys have been patiently waiting on for PR approval and in the time like this where delays are imperative due to Covid-19, you may want to order GCMS notes. I would not say that it will speed up the process but definitely triggers an update to your file visible to your Visa Officer.
It is my personal experience and I may stand corrected. I got an update on my file in 3 days of ordering notes. I have seen that happening to other guys aswell.
Check this out:
https://canadaglare.wordpress.com/pcc-pr-card-gcms/3/

Reactions: nna2020

Kechy332

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27 11 2019
AOR Received.
08-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
So i raise a webform specifically asking about my background and eligibility. agent replied with
The background verification are in process
The eligiblity is currently valid
@leagalfalcon is this progress

Reactions: kthlnkrby

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
So i raise a webform specifically asking about my background and eligibility. agent replied with
The background verification are in process
The eligiblity is currently valid
@leagalfalcon is this progress
does valid mean passed? just wanna make sure. and when eligibility is valid, does the Application Status- eligibility change to completed?

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
A total of 2,792 cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Canada as of March 24, 2020 at 6:00 PM EDT (Figure 1).

Twenty-seven deaths have been reported.

I am inland and this morning my husband was told not to report to work until further notice. Things are getting worse and more places are closing and the agents at the visa offices in Canada will definitely be working less. It doesn't seem as if things will be changing anytime soon.