+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
Hi All,

I'm feeling led to create a community of new immigrants. This group has and is giving me so much, and has made me believe this world to be a better place.
Each one of us got here to help one another, this group gave me hope when I had none at all, and literally met some God sent people.

I know for many it's PPR, then COPR, and landing. But then, what? How to sustain your life in Canada? Does one need to start from scratch? How to find a job? Make a living? Everything before and everything in between.
I am not even sure if what I'm proposing is going to be a success, but it's a worth a try. We can reunite through the below group and offer support to each other even after we land.

I'm adding a link below, so you can join if you want to be part of this community.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Cny1j2pWQGI2RKxkihI3PD

Just my way of giving back to the community who has given me so much that not mere words can explain.

God bless you all.

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Hello Everyone - I have received this email from the NY VFS office.

"Your application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxxxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Mon Apr 25, 2022
Regards, VFS Global"

Is there a website I can track the application? How many days after this email will I get my passport? Is anybody on the same boat?

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Its PPR time!!!!!!
AOR: 9th Jan 2020
Schedule A and Remeds req: 5th Jan 2022
Remeds Passed: 14th April 2022
Ready for Visa Email: 19th April 2022
VO: Ottawa
COR: USA
Citizen: Indian
Congratulations....

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hello Everyone - I have received this email from the NY VFS office.

"Your application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxxxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Mon Apr 25, 2022
Regards, VFS Global"

Is there a website I can track the application? How many days after this email will I get my passport? Is anybody on the same boat?
My dependent's application is in this status as of April 13. No ghost updates yet. As per recent trends it's taking 7 -21 days.

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Would you mind share a bit which lawyer did you use for the mandamus? I am also Jan 2020 AOR and so far I didn't hear anything after remed on Feb 2022.
I used Abramovich&Tchern

Which lawyer did you select to file your mandamus and how much did they charge you?
They charged me 1600CAD for Stage 1. They're asking for 2500 more for Stage 2, but I hope I don't have to go that far

Reactions: paneka penalty

entmba

Oct 20, 2020
I am planning to fly to Canada from Mumbai on 2nd May. I got my COPR on 23rd April. Any idea if COVID tests are needed? I am planning to fly via Frankfurt.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon what is the procedure to add a minor child (infant) to your PR if the parents have a PR but the birth has happened outside Canada?

If you are already a PR, i.e. your application was approved, and you landed in Canada, your application is closed and you cannot add a child. You will have to file a family sponsorship application.

GatorGuy

Jun 7, 2018
Hi again @legalfalcon , I went ahead and sent a web form on February 8th informing IRCC that I was in Canada but I have yet to hear back from them regarding the link to the portal so I can upload everything. The 30 day deadline to submit my documents will be next week so I'm getting concerned that I haven't heard back from them yet. Am I okay because I already submitted a webform asking for the portal link or is there anything else I should do? Thank you
Hi @legalfalcon, it's now been over 80 days since my PPR email and I still have not received the login to the portal to upload my passport scans and pr photos and I'm starting to feel hopeless. I sent them a webform about this on February 8th, received a response on April 4th basically saying "We verified the information you sent and forwarded it to the responsible office, we will let you know if further information is required" but I never sent the docs in that webform I just told them I'm in Canada and require a portal link.

I even got ahold of the phone support after being on hold for nearly 2 hours and the agent didn't seem to know what portal I was referring to and only emailed me generic docs on how to upload documents. Their incompetency to even be able to send a simple link has me at my wit's end. Please, what do I do? Should I just mail everything out to Ottawa or Los Angeles directly or will that cause more confusion?

Reactions: sahilg14

Ladyinblack

Oct 14, 2020
Hello everyone
Can someone tell me how to contact Islamabad visa office as our file is there from long and we need to know the status!
the number that's shared on google is only automated call. Does not lead to any one specifically
PLEASE HELP!!

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
A family member received Passport Request via email, but no notification was there when we checked the IRCC account. Is this legit? Has anyone else received PPR in email?

Previously for all our Canada visa applications, we received some notification from IRCC and a PDF document uploaded to the account.

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
A family member received Passport Request via email, but no notification was there when we checked the IRCC account. Is this legit? Has anyone else received PPR in email?

Previously for all our Canada visa applications, we received some notification from IRCC and a PDF document uploaded to the account.
It's legit.

Reactions: Tara