+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

neve.rmind

May 15, 2019
@legalfalcon
AOR 16jan2020
Medicals Test Date 02Jan2020
COPR issued on 12Jan2021 and it expired on 30May2021.
Meds extended before COPR was issued until 30May2021.

Should I go for upfront medicals or wait for IRCC to issue instructions? Is there anyone who has got the meds extended twice?

kthlnkrby

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Category........
AINP
Hi @legalfalcon. Off-topic, but I just wanted to check what happens if I change the email address on MyCIC account? Will I get all email notifications from CIC (donotreply) in case they send a message to my account? I just don't want to log on to my account from time to time, so it would be great to receive an email that a "message is waiting for you" or "we have sent you a message" such things like this.

I'd appreciate your response. Thank you!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
AOR 16jan2020
Medicals Test Date 02Jan2020
COPR issued on 12Jan2021 and it expired on 30May2021.
Meds extended before COPR was issued until 30May2021.

Should I go for upfront medicals or wait for IRCC to issue instructions? Is there anyone who has got the meds extended twice?
Usually meds are not extended twice. If you can get an upfront meds, go for it. However, currently you need a letter from IRCC to schedule an appointment with your panel physician. So check with the panel physician.

Reactions: neve.rmind

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
PRs are not allows, only individuals who have a COPR issued on or before June 21, 2021 can travel.

IRCC is not asking for vaccination certificates a they will be required when you land. You can sure send them by webform, but they will not expedite the process. You will have to wait until IRCC asks you for your the certificates (if at all) and issues you COPR.
@legalfalcon Sure thanks for your confirmation.

Sheer1

Jun 23, 2020

Hello @legalfalcon Sir

I received my GCMS notes yesterday (ordered it from GETGCMS) and had applied for them at the end of April 2021 but CBSA asked for additional 30 days and hence received them yesterday instead of 30 days.

A brief summary of my application

FSW – Outland candidate, India

ITA – Nov 2019

AOR – Jan 2020

Re-medicals – Jan 2021

IRCC hasn’t asked for any additional documents as yet. But there hasn’t been any progress on the application either hence I asked for GCMS notes.

I was a bit perplexed with some of the comments on the GCMS notes and hence need your help with making sense of it.

Attached below are two images of what the notes read.

I notice there is my work experience that hasn’t been taken into consideration ( the 3 companies that weren’t considered for some unknown reason were places I worked at for less than two years) the companies considered were places I had worked for more than 2 years and where I currently work.

There is some mention of CRS points being deducted from 471 to 466 on account of some inability of IRCC to verify the work exp details. I wonder what caused that since I provided all work exp documents along with the application and also the roles and responsibilities letter.

Should I be worried about this? I would like to get any issue resolved at the earliest so that it does not affect the application. Is this reduction of crs points the reason why it's taking this long in addition to the pandemic?

Also security, HIRV and FINAL are blank. What do I make of this? Is it pending or are they not planning on taking my application forward.

Would appreciate if @legalfalcon sir can help clarify my doubts.

All the best to all other applicants.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hello @legalfalcon Sir

I received my GCMS notes yesterday (ordered it from GETGCMS) and had applied for them at the end of April 2021 but CBSA asked for additional 30 days and hence received them yesterday instead of 30 days.

A brief summary of my application

FSW – Outland candidate, India

ITA – Nov 2019

AOR – Jan 2020

Re-medicals – Jan 2021

IRCC hasn’t asked for any additional documents as yet. But there hasn’t been any progress on the application either hence I asked for GCMS notes.

I was a bit perplexed with some of the comments on the GCMS notes and hence need your help with making sense of it.

Attached below are two images of what the notes read.

I notice there is my work experience that hasn’t been taken into consideration ( the 3 companies that weren’t considered for some unknown reason were places I worked at for less than two years) the companies considered were places I had worked for more than 2 years and where I currently work.

There is some mention of CRS points being deducted from 471 to 466 on account of some inability of IRCC to verify the work exp details. I wonder what caused that since I provided all work exp documents along with the application and also the roles and responsibilities letter.

Should I be worried about this? I would like to get any issue resolved at the earliest so that it does not affect the application. Is this reduction of crs points the reason why it's taking this long in addition to the pandemic?

Also security, HIRV and FINAL are blank. What do I make of this? Is it pending or are they not planning on taking my application forward.

Would appreciate if @legalfalcon sir can help clarify my doubts.

All the best to all other applicants.
The note that you see is the note from a case analyst. This will be reviewed by an officer, who will make a final determination on your eligibility.

If you have provided your work experience letter that have all the prerequisites required by IRCC, then you need not be concerned.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

The difficulty seemed to be in verifying the employer based on an open source search (web search). This usually happens if your employer doe not have a strong internet presence. Generally see https://bit.ly/3dde1GT

This is not a major concern and of anything is required IRCC will contact you. Also, the notes finds your application "ready to be finalized."

Final will remain blank and once application is approved, it will change to APPROVED
HIRV refers to Hazard, Impact, Risk, and Vulnerability. If it doe snot apply to you, it will remain blank.
Security is bank when it is in progress or passed. Most likely it is in progress. To read on security, how it is done, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Sheer1

Jun 23, 2020
The note that you see is the note from a case analyst. This will be reviewed by an officer, who will make a final determination on your eligibility.

If you have provided your work experience letter that have all the prerequisites required by IRCC, then you need not be concerned.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

The difficulty seemed to be in verifying the employer based on an open source search (web search). This usually happens if your employer doe not have a strong internet presence. Generally see

This is not a major concern and of anything is required IRCC will contact you. Also, the notes finds your application "ready to be finalized."

Final will remain blank and once application is approved, it will change to APPROVED
HIRV refers to Hazard, Impact, Risk, and Vulnerability. If it doe snot apply to you, it will remain blank.
Security is bank when it is in progress or passed. Most likely it is in progress. To read on security, how it is done, see
Hello @legalfalcon,

Thank you for your response.

Given that the Officer Review read - "Eligibility Passed" would it be safe to assume there wont be any eligibility hiccups?

I did submit a reference and experience letter on the company letterhead mentioning - my name, title, period of employment, duties, last drawn salary too and it was from the respective HR teams with the company seal as well.

IRCC have not asked me for any additional documents till date so I assume whatever I submitted had sufficed.

by Ready to finalize RPRF - complete, can I expect to receive a ppr anytime soon given that they are opening up now?

Thank you once again Sir!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

Thank you for your response.

Given that the Officer Review read - "Eligibility Passed" would it be safe to assume there wont be any eligibility hiccups?

I did submit a reference and experience letter on the company letterhead mentioning - my name, title, period of employment, duties, last drawn salary too and it was from the respective HR teams with the company seal as well.

IRCC have not asked me for any additional documents till date so I assume whatever I submitted had sufficed.

by Ready to finalize RPRF - complete, can I expect to receive a ppr anytime soon given that they are opening up now?

Thank you once again Sir!!

If it says eligibility passed, then you should be fine. However, see if the note is form whom it is mentioned. Case analyst / assistant or an office.

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
PRs are not allows, only individuals who have a COPR issued on or before June 21, 2021 can travel.

IRCC is not asking for vaccination certificates a they will be required when you land. You can sure send them by webform, but they will not expedite the process. You will have to wait until IRCC asks you for your the certificates (if at all) and issues you COPR.
@legalfalcon, hope you're doing well!
Just wanted to clarify what is correct as you mentioned "individuals who have a COPR issued on or before June 21, 2021 can travel."
However, on canada.ca, its mentioned, Starting June 21, 2021, any foreign national who holds a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) may travel to Canada.
Best regards

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Hello Team, I would like to get suggestions on few things as there are few updates on my end:

a. I have cleared my student loan in India, should I update that on my IRCC profile? On POF previously I had mentioned the current balance in Student Load in 2020 but I cleared my loan 2 months back.
b. I have changed my job 3 weeks back in the USA, do I need to update that on my profile as well?
c. Can I also show my USA's Bank of America checking account's balance in addition to POF that I previously provided?
d. I have ordered my GCMS notes on June 18th, not sure what's happening with my profile.
e. My medicals have expired and I did not receive any requests to redo or extend. What should be my next steps?
f. My IELTS will soon expire in Nov 2021, worried about what happens next.

Any suggestions welcome. I am currently residing in the USA since Dec 2015.

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, hope you're doing well!
Just wanted to clarify what is correct as you mentioned "individuals who have a COPR issued on or before June 21, 2021 can travel."
However, on canada.ca, its mentioned, Starting June 21, 2021, any foreign national who holds a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) may travel to Canada.
Best regards
The response was as of June 21, 2021.

If you received a COPR, which is valid, on or before June 21, 2021 you can travel.

If you received a COPR post June 2021, then you can definitely travel.

The answer was in response to the specific questions asked.

The bottom line is, if you have a COPr which has been issued and is valid, irrespective of when it was issued, you can travel as you are exempt from travel restrictions, given that you follow the quarantine and other public health measures.

Reactions: Megha_1990

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
The response was as of June 21, 2021.

If you received a COPR, which is valid, on or before June 21, 2021 you can travel.

If you received a COPR post June 2021, then you can definitely travel.

The answer was in response to the specific questions asked.

The bottom line is, if you have a COPr which has been issued and is valid, irrespective of when it was issued, you can travel as you are exempt from travel restrictions, given that you follow the quarantine and other public health measures.
Thank you for clarifying, this is helpful