19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
What the officer Note on your file.
Last note was in October 2020 when my security was passed and file was also approved by officer, but no copr at that time although officer generated copr at that time as well. Now when my medicals got extended and passed on 21 April 2021, officer generated copr but status is Not started. Print queue is also mentioned. File assigned to RC-9515

Simi8088

May 24, 2020
@legalfalcon Hi. I need ur kind advice as I am not getting proper information from my representative.. Actually I recently got married however at the time of application submission I was single. I told my rep to update the same to IRCC he raised the webform but in my recent notes its not updated.. What should I do now I have cleared all the stages also submitted my remedical as well. I am at final stage. My husband is in Canada @ student visa.. Please suggest..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi. I need ur kind advice as I am not getting proper information from my representative.. Actually I recently got married however at the time of application submission I was single. I told my rep to update the same to IRCC he raised the webform but in my recent notes its not updated.. What should I do now I have cleared all the stages also submitted my remedical as well. I am at final stage. My husband is in Canada @ student visa.. Please suggest..
To add your spouse, you will have to inform IRCC and they will ask you to submit the following forms. IF you have submitted the forms, it may take few weeks for them to be processed and added to your account and another 2-3 moths for your spouse's documents to be verified for criminality, security and medicals.

IRCC will send you the forms and ask for the following documents:

1. An IMM8 Application
2. Schedule A form for spouse
3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
5. Birth Certificate of spouse, translation, and affidavit of translation.
6. Copy of Spouse's Passport
7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration
8. Wedding Card and Photographs
9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse
10. Spouse's upfront medical
11. Letter of Explanation (If required)

IF your rep hasn't done it. you can do it yourself by sending a webform.

Reactions: Emprexx

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
CEC#Inland
AOR :Jan 2020
Medical expired in 2020 dec
Medical Renewed in May 17th 2021(No re-medicals done)
Called IRCC on the same day and they said everything is approved and waiting for final decision.
Any idea on when I will get my COPR/PR ?If we used to receive any ghost updates after medicals, can someone share how many and on wat intervals ?
Thanks a lot.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
CEC#Inland
AOR :Jan 2020
Medical expired in 2020 dec
Medical Renewed in May 17th 2021(No re-medicals done)
Called IRCC on the same day and they said everything is approved and waiting for final decision.
Any idea on when I will get my COPR/PR ?If we used to receive any ghost updates after medicals, can someone share how many and on wat intervals ?
Thanks a lot.
Hi, before May 17 when was the most recent status of the application (e.g eligibility and security)? Also wondering if May 17 was the date when the medical was updated in your account? If yes when was it originally re-assessed and extended? Thanks!

azadamit2011

Sep 30, 2020
During the submission of the application, I was single but now I am planning to get married. Will it be better to get married first and then update the ircc during the process or else should I go to Canada as a single applicant and then return to get married and sponsor my spouse.

@legalfalcon, @caipsnotes which process is recommended considering the duration and ease of the process?

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi everyone, please does anyone have the email address for Ottawa? Especially if it's an email you have gotten a response from.
Thank you in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
During the submission of the application, I was single but now I am planning to get married. Will it be better to get married first and then update the ircc during the process or else should I go to Canada as a single applicant and then return to get married and sponsor my spouse.

@legalfalcon which process is recommended considering the duration and ease of the process?

There is no right or wrong way, it just pros and cons.

If you get matter and add your spouse to your application, it will take an additional 2-4 months for the processing, and you and your spouse will get a COPR together.

However, if you wait for an approval and then sponsor your spouse, an average spousal sponsorship takes 12 months.

Currently with all the restrictions, it is better that you get married, add your spouse to your application, get a COPR together and travel. It will also save you money in the long run as you won't have to apply for TRVs.

Reactions: fputri
May 15, 2020

If you get matter and add your spouse to your application, it will take an additional 2-4 months for the processing, and you and your spouse will get a COPR together.

However, if you wait for an approval and then sponsor your spouse, an average spousal sponsorship takes 12 months.

Currently with all the restrictions, it is better that you get married, add your spouse to your application, get a COPR together and travel. It will also save you money in the long run as you won't have to apply for TRVs.

@legalfalcon
What will be the point calculation?

I have applied without my spouse for PR to increase the point and got the EOR in January 2020. The application has been aproved according to the agent and waiting for COVID19 restriction.

Now can I change it and accompany my spouse in the application?