Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Medical is valid for 1 year. Since your medical has expired, they have requested a re-medical. I have the same AOR but my medical was valid till 2nd December. I still got remed request on 8th Sept.
Inland or outland?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I have done my remedical on 10th and I was told by the doctor's office that they will upload the reports within 3 days. Its been a week almost but my GCKey profile still says action required. Is it normal? Will my profile get updated only after my medical has been passed?

Anyone in similar situation?
I was in the same situation as you are now. After 10 days waiting and nothing, I sent both webform and email directly to my VO attached emedical page in the email and few days later I passed the remedical. Many months later when I ordered gcms, I noticed me sending attached document helped expedite it. I recommend you send webform with emedical page.

Reactions: SR_T

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , I would be grateful if you can advise me on my situation. Please let me know what is the best that I could do now.
Your notes have Review required and a you have pointed out the issues with your reference letter. Lets tackle the issues one by one:

* My employment letter does not have the salary mentioned as per the standard company template (Name, Designation, Duration, Duties, Skills). I had failed to upload pay stubs with my application. I have with me now, the last 6 months' pay stubs before the end of employment. Will it be fine for the review, if I upload just the pay stubs through a webform?

Yes, send the pay stubs and also a LoE indicating why you did not have them before.

* My employment letter does not have the number of working hours mentioned, but I do not see anything about the same in the notes. The notes even mention that the Letter confirms full/time employment. Could someone advise if the paystubs alone will address the analyst's concerns on work experience?

Your work reference letter should have the number of hours worked, and the pay stubs by themselves will not meet this requirement, unless your pay stubs show your pay on an hourly basis and indicate the number of hours you worked per week or month. If your employer cannot give you a work reference letter with the number of hours worked, then you can get a letter from a colleague, a supervisor and it need not be on a company letter head and submit that to meet this.

* Is the Review on my settlement funds related to my salary not being mentioned in the employment letter? Or is it because I had shown much more than the required amount, that too through a gift deed? For my POF, I have attached a Bank Summary statement, Bank statements showing the amount transferred, Gift deeds from my mother and brother on Notarized Affidavit.

For most applicants who have RR for PoF, is because the PoF may be in a foreign currency. Also make sure that your gift deed meets the requirements of a inter vivos gift.

Is there anything that I should add to address possible concerns?
* The notes state Points revised to 0, and mention Ready to Finalize. Does this mean I am near to be refused or can I provide additional documents to ensure my eligibility will pass?

This only means that the officer will make a final determination on the RR issues and if he concludes otherwise, then your application is ready to be finalised.

* Under the Activity section, the latest activity for Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ, Field Name: Status, The Value was 'Review Required' for Activity 1 and then 'Cancelled' for Activity 2. Does anyone know what this could mean?
Cancelled only means that the specific check was not required this is normal, no need to be concerned.

* Any tips on what my LOE could say?

Keep you LoE short, and to the point. Explain each point under a separate heading and refer to the documents that you will submit with it.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Wow. That is great. I am still stuck in eligibility review required. I got my 2nd GCMS notes, there has been no activity on my file since my first GCMS notes (ordered in June). The last activity on my file was in March, I have given biometrics in Feb. The application is still stuck in Eligibility Review Required. Both notes are exactly the same. I don't know what to do, I am just waiting. The notes say R76 MET, A11.2 REVIEW REQUIRED, R75 REVIEW REQUIRED, RPRF = complete, whatever that means.

See the above post for RR. Try and identify why you have RR.

Reactions: Sid243

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Medical is valid for 1 year. Since your medical has expired, they have requested a re-medical. I have the same AOR but my medical was valid till 2nd December. I still got remed request on 8th Sept.
They requested your medicals before they are expired??

Reactions: SR_T

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
They requested your medicals before they are expired??
@SR_T During the final review, a re-med or an extension will be given even if your medicals are valid. This is because your medicals have to be valid until you land in Canada, not only when your application is being processed.

Reactions: SR_T and Walle_007

Ns13

May 23, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon ,
My file has completed all the stages since June
Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Security blank
Info sharing complete
Notes 2: all requirements met, ready for approval.
Fsw o, india
Now, the company where i am working has moved to a new place. Evereything has been shifted. Do i need to inform ircc regarding the same or just wait for the PPR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
My file has completed all the stages since June
Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Security blank
Info sharing complete
Notes 2: all requirements met, ready for approval.
Fsw o, india
Now, the company where i am working has moved to a new place. Evereything has been shifted. Do i need to inform ircc regarding the same or just wait for the PPR?
No, there is no need to inform. Only if your change your country if residence do you have to inform IRCC.

Candide

Nov 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone outland applicant out there who received PPR from January 2020 AOR cohort?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid243

Jun 12, 2020
See the above post for RR. Try and identify why you have RR.
It seems I have a RR on PoF. GCMS note reads; "SETTLEMENT FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED CAD 0 - CAD 15,000 JP Morgan Chase document dated <date> , - CAD 10,000 Scotiabank document dated <date>", the numbers used here are made up but the funds are well above the required for singles ~ $12,700. I have submitted a deposit summary document from Chase, and a PoF letter from Scotiabank along with 6 months statements for both banks. My attorney was never contacted for any clarification / documents, it just seems like my case was last touched in March. Attorney says to wait, do you have alternate suggestions? Based on your other posts it seems like the RR for PoF is because the US statement was in USD not CAD.

Skanda3

Sep 15, 2020
Your notes have Review required and a you have pointed out the issues with your reference letter. Lets tackle the issues one by one:

* My employment letter does not have the salary mentioned as per the standard company template (Name, Designation, Duration, Duties, Skills). I had failed to upload pay stubs with my application. I have with me now, the last 6 months' pay stubs before the end of employment. Will it be fine for the review, if I upload just the pay stubs through a webform?

Yes, send the pay stubs and also a LoE indicating why you did not have them before.

* My employment letter does not have the number of working hours mentioned, but I do not see anything about the same in the notes. The notes even mention that the Letter confirms full/time employment. Could someone advise if the paystubs alone will address the analyst's concerns on work experience?

Your work reference letter should have the number of hours worked, and the pay stubs by themselves will not meet this requirement, unless your pay stubs show your pay on an hourly basis and indicate the number of hours you worked per week or month. If your employer cannot give you a work reference letter with the number of hours worked, then you can get a letter from a colleague, a supervisor and it need not be on a company letter head and submit that to meet this.

* Is the Review on my settlement funds related to my salary not being mentioned in the employment letter? Or is it because I had shown much more than the required amount, that too through a gift deed? For my POF, I have attached a Bank Summary statement, Bank statements showing the amount transferred, Gift deeds from my mother and brother on Notarized Affidavit.

For most applicants who have RR for PoF, is because the PoF may be in a foreign currency. Also make sure that your gift deed meets the requirements of a inter vivos gift.

Is there anything that I should add to address possible concerns?
* The notes state Points revised to 0, and mention Ready to Finalize. Does this mean I am near to be refused or can I provide additional documents to ensure my eligibility will pass?

This only means that the officer will make a final determination on the RR issues and if he concludes otherwise, then your application is ready to be finalised.

* Under the Activity section, the latest activity for Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ, Field Name: Status, The Value was 'Review Required' for Activity 1 and then 'Cancelled' for Activity 2. Does anyone know what this could mean?
Cancelled only means that the specific check was not required this is normal, no need to be concerned.

* Any tips on what my LOE could say?

Keep you LoE short, and to the point. Explain each point under a separate heading and refer to the documents that you will submit with it.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon , I truly appreciate the thorough and insightful reply! I am working on preparing the documents and LOE to upload through a webform. Your advice is invaluable :)

Reactions: Ojay1

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It seems I have a RR on PoF. GCMS note reads; "SETTLEMENT FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED CAD 0 - CAD 15,000 JP Morgan Chase document dated <date> , - CAD 10,000 Scotiabank document dated <date>", the numbers used here are made up but the funds are well above the required for singles ~ $12,700. I have submitted a deposit summary document from Chase, and a PoF letter from Scotiabank along with 6 months statements for both banks. My attorney was never contacted for any clarification / documents, it just seems like my case was last touched in March. Attorney says to wait, do you have alternate suggestions? Based on your other posts it seems like the RR for PoF is because the US statement was in USD not CAD.
Most applicants who meet all the requirements for the PoF see RR for PoF when their funds are in another currency than CAD.

Also, if you have an attorney representing you, there is no point soliciting suggestions from others as your attorney knows your application in and out. So instead of relying on the forum where most members will give you suggestions based on their understanding of the law, better rely on a trained legal professional.

Reactions: SijuJoseph