caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Just got a status update from the Web form I had raised last week.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

• The medical examination results on file are valid.

Safe to assume that I'm all good now?
Valid in itself does not mean pass, it means "For a document—legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC. " but based on the web form response you should be in good shape

Reactions: MalithDisala

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
I would advise you send the passports together since it's same family Application...
Hi everyone and @legalfalcon ,

After receiving PPR we have sent our passports. My spouse is currently in the US(principal applicant) and I (dependent applicant) am in Canada. I have 2 questions:

a) Once I receive the COPR am I eligible to work in Canada? or if I have to wait for my husband to enter Canada and get COPR validated and only then I can work?

b) Also, if I am eligible now (after submitting our passports post PPR) to work? I ask this because if I am not eligible I may have to apply PGWP.

Any information is helpful! Thanks !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone and @legalfalcon ,

After receiving PPR we have sent our passports. My spouse is currently in the US(principal applicant) and I (dependent applicant) am in Canada. I have 2 questions:

a) Once I receive the COPR am I eligible to work in Canada? or if I have to wait for my husband to enter Canada and get COPR validated and only then I can work?

b) Also, if I am eligible now (after submitting our passports post PPR) to work? I ask this because if I am not eligible I may have to apply PGWP.

Any information is helpful! Thanks !
The rule of thumb is that after you get the COPR and PRV, you have to be admitted into Canada. Unless you are admitted, you do not become a PR just by getting a COPR and PRV. This is because when you land, the CBSA officer can refuse entry on certain grounds and after he admits you, your COPR is stamped. Also, the primary applicant has to land first, or along with the family members. Dependent members cannot land before the primary applicant.

However, now due to COVID-19 IRCC has done away with flag poling and is issuing COPR by email and doing the landing interview by phone for inland applicants.

To answer your questions:

a) No, your COPR should be stamped or you have to have a phone interview, or an email confirmation that you are now a PR and the effective date. If you are in Canada, you can ask IRCC to schedule a landing interview or clarify the date when you became a PR. Most likely that would be after the primary applicant, but they may make an exception given the COVID pandemic.

b) see a)

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
The rule of thumb is that after you get the COPR and PRV, you have to be admitted into Canada. Unless you are admitted, you do not become a PR just by getting a COPR and PRV. This is because when you land, the CBSA officer can refuse entry on certain grounds and after he admits you, your COPR is stamped. Also, the primary applicant has to land first, or along with the family members. Dependent members cannot land before the primary applicant.

However, now due to COVID-19 IRCC has done away with flag poling and is issuing COPR by email and doing the landing interview by phone for inland applicants.

To answer your questions:

a) No, your COPR should be stamped or you have to have a phone interview, or an email confirmation that you are now a PR and the effective date. If you are in Canada, you can ask IRCC to schedule a landing interview or clarify the date when you became a PR. Most likely that would be after the primary applicant, but they may make an exception given the COVID pandemic.

b) see a)
Thanks so much!

NMOT

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-01-2020
Nomination.....
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2020
Reactions: Taqi123

thesurgeon

Oct 23, 2019
Hello,
Request your input @legalfalcon
I have submitted my EE application and as per my last webform, my eligibility etc is done.

I am planning to apply to Canadian schools this in October for a course for next fall.

I have had a variety of sporadic volunteering experiences(unpaid & less than 10 hours a month) which I did not mention in my Express Entry profile during submission. I did not seek points for any of them.

However, they are crucial for my admission as they add a lot of value to my CV.
Can I mention them (the unpaid volunteering experiences) on my CV when I apply to Canadian Universities? Or will it cause any problem to my PR application?
Inputs highly appreciated.

GW007

May 22, 2020
I believe these restrictions are just for non essential travel.
COPR holders from the US are exempt from these restrictions anyways.
True, and those with COPR issued before March 18th from any country can still travel to Canada....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,
Request your input @legalfalcon
I have submitted my EE application and as per my last webform, my eligibility etc is done.

I am planning to apply to Canadian schools this in October for a course for next fall.

I have had a variety of sporadic volunteering experiences(unpaid & less than 10 hours a month) which I did not mention in my Express Entry profile during submission. I did not seek points for any of them.

However, they are crucial for my admission as they add a lot of value to my CV.
Can I mention them (the unpaid volunteering experiences) on my CV when I apply to Canadian Universities? Or will it cause any problem to my PR application?
Inputs highly appreciated.
You can surely add them to your CV. It has no bearing on your PR application.

Reactions: MalithDisala

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Hello Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing great!

Thanks to all of you sharing your experience and insights, this helps everyone keep hope and adjust applications when needed.

i am PNP Ontario Outland, AOR Jan 25th, CIO Sydney Nova Scotia.

I believe things are moving in this CIO, on Thursday i received an ADR to submit a new passport, as the current one has just 06 months left to expiry date now.
However i am wondering in which part of the process the passports are involved?. @legalfalcon and anyone your insights would be very appreciated.

As per last webform in July:
- Background verifications are currently valid
- Security background verifications has not been initiated
- The criminal background verifications is currently valid.

Thank you all!

Last edited:

Swati1104

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Just got a status update from the Web form I had raised last week.

· The security verifications are currently valid.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

• The medical examination results on file are valid.

Safe to assume that I'm all good now?
What is your VO and provience of nomination

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, can you advise what does "due date" on security refer to? Everything is passed in my gcms with security not started and due date showing 2021/02/03 for my spouse and me.
sue date is a system generated date that reminds the officer who has the carriage of your file that the file is pending. Most files will see progress way before the due date and some will keep pending way after it.

Kayoe

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon hope you great. Thanks for repeatedly answering people's questions here.
Please what is the meaning of
"Info Sharing - System Error" on gcms notes?
Thank you.