+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Visa office will send re-medical as If there is a necessity. They consider each issues in terms of applications with COVID-19 and Local authorities. So, you have to patient and trust in process with delays.
No I dont have patience. I already waited 18months , something needs to be done. I can't wait anymore, hurry the hell up

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
I have filed an outland application for Spousal Sponsorship since 2nd of January 2019
8th. of March 2019, medicals were passed.
By the end of March, the additional documents (PCC) submitted. On October 15th, 2019, I was requested to submit Biometrics (submitted directly the next day). After submitting the biometrics, my sponsor received an email on October 17th, 2019, stating my file has been transferred to London Visa Office. On 3rd of January 2020, I have received an email from London Visa Office requesting police clearances from two countries, where the deadline to submit was 3rd of February 2020.
I have put all my effort to make it in time and in two weeks I have managed to obtain them and upload straight away in the system.
Until today, 2 July 2020, the GCKey system shows that “the additional files have been uploaded” (no other update since the 3rd of January 2020).
The medicals that I have done last year have expired. I have sent a few emails to Specific Case Inquiry, but haven’t got any fruitful reply from London Visa Office except that my application is under process bla bla bla...
Any idea as I am running out of patience from this long stressful process?????

Last edited:

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I have filed an outland application for Spousal Sponsorship since 2nd of January 2019
8th. of March 2019, medicals were passed.
By the end of March, the additional documents (PCC) submitted. On October 15th, 2019, I was requested to submit Biometrics (submitted directly the next day). After submitting the biometrics, my sponsor received an email on October 17th, 2019, stating my file has been transferred to London Visa Office. On 3rd of January 2020, I have received an email from London Visa Office requesting police clearances from two countries, where the deadline to submit was 3rd of February 2020.
I have put all my effort to make it in time and in two weeks I have managed to obtain them and upload straight away in the system.
Until today, 2 July 2020, the GCKey system shows that “the additional files have been uploaded” (no other update since the 3rd of January 2020).
The medicals that I have done last year have expired. I have sent a few emails to Specific Case Inquiry, but haven’t got any fruitful reply from London Visa Office except that my application is under process bla bla bla...
Any idea as I am running out of patience from this long stressful process?????
I'm on the same boat. My wife medical expired in June 2020. Same general email about covid 19 and bla bla bla. I think we have to wait. I'm jan 2019 applicant waiting for a miracle

Jan 22, 2019
India
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018
Hi! Hope everyone is in good health and spirit. I am a Jan 2019 applicant. The thing is we both, the sponsor and the applicant are living outside Canada, in Delhi. We had applied through outland sponsorship in 2019. The papers reached applicant's visa office but there is no progress after that.
Is there any case like this where both the sponsor and the applicant are living outside Canada? If yes, what is the progress of their application.

I am asking this because in most of the cases, the sponsor is in Canada. But here the sponsor is also living outside Canada. And we are quite worried about our application coz it is an unusual case. Do you think the sponsor should go to Canada and then change the application?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi! Hope everyone is in good health and spirit. I am a Jan 2019 applicant. The thing is we both, the sponsor and the applicant are living outside Canada, in Delhi. We had applied through outland sponsorship in 2019. The papers reached applicant's visa office but there is no progress after that.
Is there any case like this where both the sponsor and the applicant are living outside Canada? If yes, what is the progress of their application.

I am asking this because in most of the cases, the sponsor is in Canada. But here the sponsor is also living outside Canada. And we are quite worried about our application coz it is an unusual case. Do you think the sponsor should go to Canada and then change the application?
Makes no difference where sponsor lives, if he is Canadian Citizen he can live on the Moon...app will not affected.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I’m at the end stage. I’m not exactly sure if everyone will get this or not. Hopefully you guys done because it is a hassle.

Office received Jan 11
AOR Mar 3
Medical test: Mar 10
Medical Exam Pass: Mar 14
AOR2 aug 21
Bio Sept 20
Asked for Updated: Dec 2
Pre Arrival: Dec 13
2nd Medical Request: Dec 18

husband in Afghanistan. file transferred to London.
Salaam
Can you let me know if my wife should apply for pre arrival services? She is from Afghanistan and she got the arrival letter on sept 29th 2020. Also if she applies for the services, will this make her get decision made? Please if you can advise what's next after pre arrival services as well, thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Salaam
Can you let me know if my wife should apply for pre arrival services? She is from Afghanistan and she got the arrival letter on sept 29th 2020. Also if she applies for the services, will this make her get decision made? Please if you can advise what's next after pre arrival services as well, thanks
She should make as much use of them as she can to help her settling, but it won't make any difference to your application.

"Typically" after pre-arrival comes decision made (ECAS) then passport request to get the COPR/visa. Sometimes these steps come quickly after pre-arrival, sometimes longer wait in between.

Note that for some countries and visa offices/visa application centres right now, they may be delaying the PPR until they have figured out how they can receive the passports and issue the COPRs. Some offices are just not open at all, others are open but in only limited mode, and in some cases the offices are planning to open and making arrangements for how to receive the documents (passports etc) without receiving people physically in the office.

If you know you have decision made, it may not hurt to contact and see what arrangements can be made to get the COPR.

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
She should make as much use of them as she can to help her settling, but it won't make any difference to your application.

"Typically" after pre-arrival comes decision made (ECAS) then passport request to get the COPR/visa. Sometimes these steps come quickly after pre-arrival, sometimes longer wait in between.

Note that for some countries and visa offices/visa application centres right now, they may be delaying the PPR until they have figured out how they can receive the passports and issue the COPRs. Some offices are just not open at all, others are open but in only limited mode, and in some cases the offices are planning to open and making arrangements for how to receive the documents (passports etc) without receiving people physically in the office.

If you know you have decision made, it may not hurt to contact and see what arrangements can be made to get the COPR.
Hello, another January 2019 applicant here. My spouse received his pre-arrival letter in August 2019 and no updates after that. I did see 2 ghost updates on the GCkey account on Oct 17 and 19 but no news so far. Have you guys received anything lately?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hello, another January 2019 applicant here. My spouse received his pre-arrival letter in August 2019 and no updates after that. I did see 2 ghost updates on the GCkey account on Oct 17 and 19 but no news so far. Have you guys received anything lately?
I also received this elusive Oct.19th ghost. Nobody knows yet what that was about...

KCrke

Nov 19, 2020
Just received pre arrival letter for Jan 2019 application. At this point, if i had not invested so much time and money and effort, I would have given up. I had not received any communication since February and this just showed.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Just received pre arrival letter for Jan 2019 application. At this point, if i had not invested so much time and money and effort, I would have given up. I had not received any communication since February and this just showed.
hi, was ur case complex and/or military service?

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK

Similar. Feb 2019 applicant. Finally received communication (ADR) today since March 13.
We don't have a lawyer (as of yet at least)

It isn't about spending money, it's about playing the waiting game & breaking our patience.

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
Just received COPR guys good luck to all of you.
Many thanks to the ones that helped with ideas, answers and motivation As well as to the ones who ignored many questions I've asked. It took almost 2 years of patience wasn't easy but I enjoyed the happy ending . God bless

Reactions: armoured

KCrke

Nov 19, 2020
Just received COPR guys good luck to all of you.
Many thanks to the ones that helped with ideas, answers and motivation As well as to the ones who ignored many questions I've asked. It took almost 2 years of patience wasn't easy but I enjoyed the happy ending . God bless
Congrats.