+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
I’ve noticed that countries that are exempt from the travel ban are receiving priority in the application process. Has anyone received any updates as a January 2019 U.S applicants? I haven’t gotten any message since May of 2019.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When signing into your IRCC account there is a news update on the page stating the following,
we’re prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions. I believe that includes the United States. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Nothing on that page says there is a ban on a country/nationality basis. US citizens are neither exempt, nor banned. So there can't be any 'countries exempt from travel ban' getting preference. (People _travelling from_ the USA must be coming for a non-discretionary purpose, travelling from other countries both non-discretionary and otherwise exempt.)

"People who are exempt from travel restrictions" in the context of this forum (family sponsorship) means immediate family members being sponsored as PRs. (Possibly some extended family members but I've not been following that). They have said they are continuing to process and prioritising family reunification.

There may be some specific interactions of how these measures overlap - they're not easy to keep track of - but not that mean what you wrote above. But perhaps I've misunderstood you.

Reactions: shakur.ibrahim
Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
Nothing on that page says there is a ban on a country/nationality basis. US citizens are neither exempt, nor banned. So there can't be any 'countries exempt from travel ban' getting preference. (People _travelling from_ the USA must be coming for a non-discretionary purpose, travelling from other countries both non-discretionary and otherwise exempt.)

"People who are exempt from travel restrictions" in the context of this forum (family sponsorship) means immediate family members being sponsored as PRs. (Possibly some extended family members but I've not been following that). They have said they are continuing to process and prioritising family reunification.

There may be some specific interactions of how these measures overlap - they're not easy to keep track of - but not that mean what you wrote above. But perhaps I've misunderstood you.
Thank you for your response. It was very helpful. I appreciate it.

Reactions: armoured

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019

OP is probably referring to the fact that new PRs are barred from travelling to Canada, *unless* they are spousal reunification, *or* they are residents of the US.

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
Hi Guys,

I am really worried about my case...so far i am still waiting for the reply from VO...My timelines are as follow:

Application Date: January 17,2019
AOR 2: Nov 29, 2020
ADR: Dec 2020 (Asked for current relationship update, photos, chats and emails etc.)

Also let you guys know that i am currently living with my husband in Pakistan as a Canadian Citizen...I have informed them when i landed with passport stamps also email them 3 weeks ago before this :travel ban" that i am still in the country and afraid of getting stuck to leave and let him be alone here for longtime....

I am really worried now...since i replied all their concerns/questions/ADR and ATIP notes in Dec 2020 and Notes reply in January 2021. i haven't heard anything from the visa office yet...is this a good sign? they are very silent on my case......Should i be worried about it or not?

Please help me?

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
i think you should be worried but even though, i doubt that would help you

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
i think you should be worried but even though, i doubt that would help you
so what should i do then? any remedy? i am already living with him what else to show we are in true relationship?

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am really worried about my case...so far i am still waiting for the reply from VO...My timelines are as follow:

Application Date: January 17,2019
AOR 2: Nov 29, 2020
ADR: Dec 2020 (Asked for current relationship update, photos, chats and emails etc.)

Also let you guys know that i am currently living with my husband in Pakistan as a Canadian Citizen...I have informed them when i landed with passport stamps also email them 3 weeks ago before this :travel ban" that i am still in the country and afraid of getting stuck to leave and let him be alone here for longtime....

I am really worried now...since i replied all their concerns/questions/ADR and ATIP notes in Dec 2020 and Notes reply in January 2021. i haven't heard anything from the visa office yet...is this a good sign? they are very silent on my case......Should i be worried about it or not?

Please help me?
I am Jan 16th 2019 and had the same issue, email all the time asking for updates and finally this month they said my husband needs an interview. After al this wait so unfair.

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
I am Jan 16th 2019 and had the same issue, email all the time asking for updates and finally this month they said my husband needs an interview. After al this wait so unfair.
oh ok...have you order ATIP notes yet?

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
oh ok...have you order ATIP notes yet?
I did still waiting, also I message asking what can we submit to ease their concerns and I got an email saying there’s nothing we can do and that was two weeks ago and then Monday got an email stating to submit additional documents and then they will decide if to keep the interview or waived it. But never said what additional documents to submit