+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I need help. If my wife has to come from Afghanistan to canada inshallah how will she? Isnt Afghanistan on quarantine and lockdown?? Are flights going out from kabul ??? Please update

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Hi there,

I never know this idea we had, had a name -flagpoling. My husband (American) and I (Canadian) are currently living in the US. His COPR expires on April 12th. We were planning on heading to the Canadian/ American border at some point next week. My questions are:
1) You can do a soft landing - aka complete COPR paperwork, and not cross the border ? (Especially with everything that is going on right now)
2) Do you have to go on certain days? Is there a schedule for this?
3) Does anyone have any tips about flagpoling?

All tips would be greatly appreciated during this craziness!!
Leah

Hi Leah,

I haven't been on this site for a very long time. I managed to do my soft landing on March 16, 2020 right when Trudeau made the announcement to shut down the borders. My one day off and I just got called in for a shift, and my husband messaged me that Trudeau was closing the borders down and to go now to the bridge. I got VERY lucky with all the BPO I dealt with. Before I left my house and headed to the closest bridge which is 15 mins away I said a VERY big prayer. It was divine intervention completely as the BPO in my case had my maiden name as his last name. I brought my passport, NEXUS, my COPR letter and envelope. Before leaving I did call the CBSA and they said the soft landing isn't a problem and the BPOs will know what that is. Unfortunately they didn't but I brought along a copy of that settlement order where it states if I'm going to live there for a certain amount of time I do not have to declare any goods as there is a difference between settling and not. I am not settling. They asked if I was aware of the rules for PR and I said yes but things didn't work out for the house we were supposed to get and I have no choice but to soft land now before its too late as that's why I wanted to do this as late as possible because the 5 year clock would start immediately. They were really nice to me and understood my reasons. They said I can deal with the declaring goods form later on when I can actually settle. This probably won't be the case for everyone. I am also a healthcare worker and right now as my husband lives with his parents, and is 2 hrs away from me, there is no way we'd find a house right now. I also have been bumped up at my hospital to working 5 straight days now often 10-12 hour shifts so its not a good time to move. The goal is late 2021/early 2022 to move. My husband hopes if anything that because of all this we can find an affordable nice home for us. You do not have to go on certain days if he is coming from the states. I know there were new rules put in place with the landings for PRs. I hope by this time you guys are together and safe in Canada. Stay safe and healthy.

Annie

Jan 22, 2019
India
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is safe out there.

Is there any email id to contact CIC?

The web form is taking me to visa office where my application is lying but they are not giving us any update. So I want to email CIC.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is safe out there.

Is there any email id to contact CIC?

The web form is taking me to visa office where my application is lying but they are not giving us any update. So I want to email CIC.
Try calling (sponor will have to call from CA)

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Same here .
Application received - jan 8 2019
AOR - Feb 27, 2019
Medical received- march 1, 2019
Medical completed - march 6, 2019
File transferred to VO paris - march 8, 2019
No update after march 8.
Why it's taking so long for paris VO to process? Does anyone know how Paris VO process?

Thank you
Hello .Please how long did it take you in Paris VO from process to decision??

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
I have a question... Does the receipt of pre - arrival services letter mean your application is definitely approved?

I realize it may sound like a stupid question, but if it is true, why do we have to wait months to receive PPR after receiving the letter?

Because many things haven't turned out to be exactly as we thought when we started this process 17 months ago, I thought it was possibly just emailed out as part of the process. After all, the VO asked us for more information on the same day they sent the pre - arrival letter. Why do they want more info if it's approved?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
It's all part of the background check and security screening. Most likely if you got pre arrival letter then you will be almost done. I read somewhere that passport reqyest should follow up. I pray for both of us we get some good news for as I'm waiting as well. Stressful process

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
It's all part of the background check and security screening. Most likely if you got pre arrival letter then you will be almost done. I read somewhere that passport reqyest should follow up. I pray for both of us we get some good news for as I'm waiting as well. Stressful process
Yes, apparently it's sent out after the eligibility assessment is passed, but there is still background check to be completed and that's when PPR is sent out. Yes, good luck to us both, and lets hope Covid-19 let's everyone get back to working on our applications soon.

Reactions: Shob890

afg2019

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Same here got pri arrival at jan but still stuck in background. I Send weboform they emailed back saying currently undergoing background checks.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Same here got pri arrival at jan but still stuck in background. I Send weboform they emailed back saying currently undergoing background checks.
My wife still did not get her pre-arrival letter. It's been 1yr and 6 months of process. Like why are they asking so much stuff?? It's annoying. Like hurry up

Reactions: afg2019

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Yes, apparently it's sent out after the eligibility assessment is passed, but there is still background check to be completed and that's when PPR is sent out. Yes, good luck to us both, and lets hope Covid-19 let's everyone get back to working on our applications soon.
My wife is still being assessed on her eligibility. Like hurry up already.

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
Hello,

We have pretty much the same timeline: my spouse's application was received on Jan 31, 2019 and we are also still waiting. However, our application is processed at Hong Kong VO. My husband also did his medical on March 21, 2019, which expired on March 21, 2020. We haven't heard anything about redoing the medical yet but we received pre-arrival letter in August 2019. Our application is stuck in the security check. I hope we all hear some good news very soon. It is very stressful to not have a completion date at all. I'm just really worried that it might take several years instead of the original 12 months that I planned for.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi my wife medical expires tomorroe. With the pandemic and covid 19, will ircc email her to do a second medical?? Everywhere is closed in kabul, how can she do the medical?

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi my wife medical expires tomorroe. With the pandemic and covid 19, will ircc email her to do a second medical?? Everywhere is closed in kabul, how can she do the medical?
Visa office will send re-medical as If there is a necessity. They consider each issues in terms of applications with COVID-19 and Local authorities. So, you have to patient and trust in process with delays.