+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Rockhound

May 14, 2019
So I just checked my GCKEY it said profile updated. It wasn’t, so is this what they call a ghost update?
Yes, if it says updated and when you check there is nothing and the next time you log in it doesn't say updated it just says 'submitted' again. You may receive some communication from them in the next couple of days I think. If you are lucky it will be a DM! Have you checked ecas? Maybe it says DM already.

LeticiaKay

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Victoria BC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Yes, if it says updated and when you check there is nothing and the next time you log in it doesn't say updated it just says 'submitted' again. You may receive some communication from them in the next couple of days I think. If you are lucky it will be a DM! Have you checked ecas? Maybe it says DM already.
Yeah that’s exactly what it’s doing. I checked ecas and nothing. I hope it’s DM and not additional documents request! My file is in Mississauga and I’ve completed bio and medical. So fingers crossed it’s good news if anything!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Yeah that’s exactly what it’s doing. I checked ecas and nothing. I hope it’s DM and not additional documents request! My file is in Mississauga and I’ve completed bio and medical. So fingers crossed it’s good news if anything!
As far as I know and in my case too, a ghost update is followed by a decision made on ECAS the next day. I did not see any ghost update before I was asked for additional documents so I think Good news is right around the corner:)

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone, im a february applicant, havnt recieved a file transfer or anything..im the sponsor am i able to call cic or does the pa have to do that? this process seems soo long especially when you hear absolutley nothing from cic...anyways ive attached my timeline below if anyone else is in the same boat..

Application sent...Feb 22
Recieved...Feb 26
AOR 1... April 2
Biometrics Request..April 3
Medical Request...April 4
Sponsor Approval...April 3
Application linked to GCKey...April 4
Biometrics Completed...April 4
Biometrics updated to GCkey...April 15
Medical Completed...April 5
Medical Passed...April 10

Nothing after that its now June 2,2019
This is completely normal . Looks like they are processing the applications in Canada now and sending it to local VO for VIsa process.
I am a dec 4th applicant and is still in sydney .

dsquad96

Mar 12, 2019
So I have a question. I'm still waiting for my Biometric request:mad: and I'm wondering if this could be the hold up. I didn't pay the biometrics fee when I sent in my application because I was told by my advisor that it wasn't a requirement (bad advisor). Anyway, I've considered paying it now, but there is no point in the payment process where it asks for an application number or a UCI number, so I don't know that paying it now will really help at all. I assume when the bio request comes, it will contain instructions for paying if you haven't yet? Hoping for good news this week, but getting a bit frustrated.

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
So I have a question. I'm still waiting for my Biometric request:mad: and I'm wondering if this could be the hold up. I didn't pay the biometrics fee when I sent in my application because I was told by my advisor that it wasn't a requirement (bad advisor). Anyway, I've considered paying it now, but there is no point in the payment process where it asks for an application number or a UCI number, so I don't know that paying it now will really help at all. I assume when the bio request comes, it will contain instructions for paying if you haven't yet? Hoping for good news this week, but getting a bit frustrated.
Wait for the request

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
You will be asked to pay first. Then you have to wait again for them to send you the Biometrics request letter.

Canadabanana

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I didn't pay at first either. Eventually i did pay and submitted the receipt via webform. Did it a few weeks later.