+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Hello all,

My wife is landing on July 06, 2019 in Winnipeg, Canada from India. I have few questions to ask in regards to certain things :

1. Not really sure but if anyone has completed landing procedure at the Winnipeg Richardson Airport for Permanent Residence can you please share your experience ? How was the process ? Were there any issues landing ? Most of the people do landing in either Vancouver or Toronto but since she got flight from Delhi - Dubai - London - Winnipeg so her port of first entry in Canada is Winnipeg.

2. She is coming from India and has some gold jewellery to bring here. What is the best way to bring gold jewellery to Canada and does it has to be declared to Indian Customs that she is taking all her jewellery to Canada ? If yes, what is the procedure for that ?

3. She would be having 2 suitcases with her and those suitcases would have the list of accompanying goods that she would be carrying that day and will declare them at border however she has lot of stuff that would be coming later via courier so she would be filling good to follow list. The question is that once the CBSA officer stamps the paperwork of goods to follow list does she has to send that paperwork to the courier back in india to bring the stuff duty free or can we can send the courier without paperwork and once the courier arrives here in Winnipeg just go and collect it from CBSA by showing paperwork for duty exemption ?

Thank you in advance for all the help :)

tztk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
We submitted our application on January 07, 2019. Recently I received letter from IRCC which states that I must be interviewed by visa officer to evaluate requirement admission to Canada and my relationship to my wife. I didn't still do Medical. But some people in this forum received Medical request even before Biometric. Please check our timeline below and give me some suggestion. If we're in the same boat or not just some advice.

Our Timeline
#Application received : Jan 07, 2019
#AOR: Feb 20, 2019
#SA: March 01, 2019
#File Transferred: March 15, 2019
#Biometric request : April 07, 2019
#Biometric Done: April 10, 2019
#Interview requested: May 01, 2019
#Interview Date: June 15, 2019 (Not yet Done)
Where was your case transferred to? Your case seems to be doing ok, and it should probably speed up after the interview. Don't stress the order of things to much... Seems like that's the new "normal".

Mim23

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-09-2015
Nomination.....
AUGUST 2015
AOR Received.
FEB-23-2016
Med's Request
MAR-18-2016
Med's Done....
MAR-29-2016
Passport Req..
MAY-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
MAY-17-2016
LANDED..........
JUL-XX-2016
Hello all,

My wife is landing on July 06, 2019 in Winnipeg, Canada from India. I have few questions to ask in regards to certain things :

1. Not really sure but if anyone has completed landing procedure at the Winnipeg Richardson Airport for Permanent Residence can you please share your experience ? How was the process ? Were there any issues landing ? Most of the people do landing in either Vancouver or Toronto but since she got flight from Delhi - Dubai - London - Winnipeg so her port of first entry in Canada is Winnipeg.

2. She is coming from India and has some gold jewellery to bring here. What is the best way to bring gold jewellery to Canada and does it has to be declared to Indian Customs that she is taking all her jewellery to Canada ? If yes, what is the procedure for that ?

3. She would be having 2 suitcases with her and those suitcases would have the list of accompanying goods that she would be carrying that day and will declare them at border however she has lot of stuff that would be coming later via courier so she would be filling good to follow list. The question is that once the CBSA officer stamps the paperwork of goods to follow list does she has to send that paperwork to the courier back in india to bring the stuff duty free or can we can send the courier without paperwork and once the courier arrives here in Winnipeg just go and collect it from CBSA by showing paperwork for duty exemption ?

Thank you in advance for all the help :)
What time isshe coming to winnipeg?
I dont think there there is immigration officer in winnipeg to do landing procedure. She should take other airport as port of entry...

Mim23

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-09-2015
Nomination.....
AUGUST 2015
AOR Received.
FEB-23-2016
Med's Request
MAR-18-2016
Med's Done....
MAR-29-2016
Passport Req..
MAY-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
MAY-17-2016
LANDED..........
JUL-XX-2016
There are immigration officers at all international terminals.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
Im from winnipeg. International flights that lands on winnipeg are flights from visa exempt county. Thats why new comers going to winnipeg takes vancouver, calgary or toronto as their point of entry. Based on the question his wife will be coming from india then london then winnipeg. London is a visa exempt counrty that is why they have direct flight going to winnipeg. But if your new comer i dont think there will be person Assisting you..

Reactions: Sid6767

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Im from winnipeg. International flights that lands on winnipeg are flights from visa exempt county. Thats why new comers going to winnipeg takes vancouver, calgary or toronto as their point of entry. Based on the question his wife will be coming from india then london then winnipeg. London is a visa exempt counrty that is why they have direct flight going to winnipeg. But if your new comer i dont think there will be person Assisting you..
maybe she will come without stamp on passport but after she came to your place you can visit CBSA in your city. they will give you letter for her landing record thn you can apply for pr card. but not sure you must verify

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
I wasn’t aware of this restriction, can you supply a link to where you found this information?
Everything I have found just says you need to enter through an international airport or Canadian land border and doesn’t mention any exclusions when arriving by air.

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
I wasn’t aware of this restriction, can you supply a link to where you found this information?
Everything I have found just says you need to enter through an international airport or Canadian land border and doesn’t mention any exclusions when arriving by air.

even you call call their and they will tell if they have immigration officers available or not :) because of this issue i choose toronto :)

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
I just got off the phone with CBSA officer and as per them there should be no issues landing at Winnipeg Airport as their are Immigration Officers at Winnipeg Airport who should be able to validate PR landing...They did mentioned for SIN number you would have to go to Service Canada but landing procedures will be completed at the Airport itself

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
I just got off the phone with CBSA officer and as per them there should be no issues landing at Winnipeg Airport as their are Immigration Officers at Winnipeg Airport who should be able to validate PR landing...They did mentioned for SIN number you would have to go to Service Canada but landing procedures will be completed at the Airport itself

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
maybe she will come without stamp on passport but after she came to your place you can visit CBSA in your city. they will give you letter for her landing record thn you can apply for pr card. but not sure you must verify

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
What time isshe coming to winnipeg?
I dont think there there is immigration officer in winnipeg to do landing procedure. She should take other airport as port of entry...

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I think saying it one time would have sufficed for all of them lol