AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
I received an email from webform agent that it is forwarded, not referred/attached to my application..

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• R349274616.pdf
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

...And the additional documents part on MyCIC has not changed..should i be concern now and try re-submitting the receipt?..
When I submitted my receipt in the webform, I chose 'Sponsorship' as the type of application, and the second down list I selected 'Sponsorship of spouse, and common law partner, etc.' Is this correct?
It should be no problem if you entered your case number correctly. It will be addressed to the right place

Reactions: phushcan

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
Yeah it was changed on April 23rd that they started processing and got decision made and PPR on same day.
This makes me feel a lot better. Because we have submitted everything already and have also been transferred to CPC-M a month a go but still no sign of 'started processing' on PA's ECAS.

Hoping to see at least the "We started processing your application on XXXXXX" on the wifey's side of eCAS sooooonnnnn :)
Fingers crossed! I'm hoping for the same!

Paid my biometric fee in the webform and I was informed via e-mail that the receipt is forwarded to the 'responsible office' on April 16th..I wondered if the office would confirm if they received the receipt or can we assume that the file transfer (April 17th) means that the receipt is already received and CPC-M will send the biometric request letter within the next few weeks..hopefully..
When we submitted our receipt via webform we got this email a couple of days later (March 12th):

Good day (PA's name),

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:
  • R341122261.pdf
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

After this we got our biometric's request much later (April 11th).

Reactions: Carolcarolsauce

Pingi

Mar 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico/Sydney NS
Hi everyone! I’m looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone. Sending my application tomorrow. Hopefully, this is a smooth and quick process for us all!
Hello- in my request for Biometrics it said to pay the fee and upload the proof which I did. this was March 25th I still have not received a request letter as to where to go to do the biometrics. Is this correct?

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
Hello- in my request for Biometrics it said to pay the fee and upload the proof which I did. this was March 25th I still have not received a request letter as to where to go to do the biometrics. Is this correct?
Look at the reply I made to phushcan above :) My guess is you should be receiving a biometric's request next (seeing as you sent in and received confirmation of receipt almost a month ago).

Last edited:

konaath

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09/01/2019
AOR Received.
10/01/2019
Med's Request
01/03/2019
Med's Done....
03/03/2019
You will get a letter from IRCC after which you can book an appointment to your nearest VFS.
You have to wait for them to share next update.

Pingi

Mar 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico/Sydney NS
Look at the reply I made to phushcan above :) My guess is you should be receiving a biometric's request next (seeing as you sent in and received confirmation of receipt almost a month ago).
Thank you so very much. This is is the most maddening experience! I will it was a straight process so we can follow along like karaoke! ;)

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Pingi

Mar 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico/Sydney NS
Thank you so very much. This is is the most maddening experience! I will it was a straightforward process so we can follow along like karaoke! ;)
And to add fuel to the fire I was panicking because it said please complete April 25th - after I re-read it that was only for payment

alwayswinner6

Feb 10, 2019
Hi everyone

The file was received on January 28, 2019. Aor March 10. Medical done March 21 and file transferred to Mississauga March 20. Biometrics were done today April 26, 2019. The sponsored person is in India.

Any idea how much more time it can take.

Pingi

Mar 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico/Sydney NS
you've got nothing to worry about.. I haven't even had my file transferred yet hahaha!
what does file transfer mean? Also, my husband did his medicals and on the gov site, it says medical received. It does not say medical passed. I heard it can say passed or received which is apparently the same thing. Any idea?

al0h0m0ra

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Calgary
what does file transfer mean? Also, my husband did his medicals and on the gov site, it says medical received. It does not say medical passed. I heard it can say passed or received which is apparently the same thing. Any idea?
I think it needs to say passed, idk for sure. @LeticiaKay is referring to the application transfer to the principal applicant(PA)'s visa office (VO). They are ultimately the people who evaluate the sponsorship app and make the final decision :) The VO will depend on the PA's country. Our file went to CPC-M.