01-03-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
04-11-2019
LANDED..........
14-12-2019
Hi everyone!
Our application was received January 7th. Still waiting for AOR. My husband is from Tunisia. Sending positivity to you all and hoping that we are all reunited with our loved ones as soon as possible! x

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
the wait is honestly so hard... its only been one week since received
I waited 7months to meet my wife and now we have no idea how long we will have to wait.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
the wait is honestly so hard... its only been one week since received
I waited 7months to meet my wife and now we have no idea how long we will have to wait.
Similar situation here. I haven't seen my husband in 10 months now because of super expensive flights. We're waiting until I get my medical before I fly over for a month or so.

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hello, I sent my spouse profile on January 31 and it has been received today at Sydney, NS. Is there any forum for the month of February?

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
sponsoring wife from india.
app submitted and received Jan 25...

now the wait starts.

Need AOR to apply her visitor visa
Hi, could you please expand on the last line “need AOR to apply for her visitor visa”?
I submitted application to sponsor my wife in Jan. We are also planning on applying visitor visa for the interim

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi, could you please expand on the last line “need AOR to apply for her visitor visa”?
I submitted application to sponsor my wife in Jan. We are also planning on applying visitor visa for the interim
My lawyer recommended to apply for visitor visa AFTER getting the AOR as it basically shows you are in processing for PR, so there is less of a chance that your wife will not leave after her visa is expired (Assuming she doesn't receive PR while here on visitor).

Visitor visa for spouse apparently is low success rate? So he recommended this as a must.

Maybe someone else can chime in with a different experience.

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Similar situation here. I haven't seen my husband in 10 months now because of super expensive flights. We're waiting until I get my medical before I fly over for a month or so.
It's only been 2 months since I've left my wife but its already insanely hard for the both of us.

At least before our marriage I had a set date of when I would see her again.

Now everything is up in the air.

Asma1234

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
My lawyer recommended to apply for visitor visa AFTER getting the AOR as it basically shows you are in processing for PR, so there is less of a chance that your wife will not leave after her visa is expired (Assuming she doesn't receive PR while here on visitor).

Visitor visa for spouse apparently is low success rate? So he recommended this as a must.

Maybe someone else can chime in with a different experience.

Hey when I called for the visitor visa (I applied on Jan 11 for sponsorship) they said the case has to be really strong. Like he needs to have strong financial property back home or some other strong reason to show to the government that this will be temporary stay. ( can you please give your 2 cent since your seeing a lawyer) also if you don’t mind me asking where does your spouse live. Thanks :)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hello, I sent my spouse profile on January 31 and it has been received today at Sydney, NS. Is there any forum for the month of February?
Hi I myself am in the process of submitting my application soon (I am the PA). I have been looking since ages for feb forums to start building but it seems not a lot of people are applying or talking about it. Would be keen to know too if there is a spreadsheet for feb. I created a forum a while back but not much activity so I might as well join the Jan forum haha.

Reactions: Awais_ch

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hey when I called for the visitor visa (I applied on Jan 11 for sponsorship) they said the case has to be really strong. Like he needs to have strong financial property back home or some other strong reason to show to the government that this will be temporary stay. ( can you please give your 2 cent since your seeing a lawyer) also if you don’t mind me asking where does your spouse live. Thanks :)
My spouse is in India

And yes, that is true

That's why having an AOR can help too, you are already in process of legally obtaining PR with a valid marriage so it takes away the risk of him staying

I would also show a bank account with MINIMUM $5,000, and any property that can be in his name.
Employment letter stating his approved vacation is 6months (for example) is also beneficial
Any other family ties (i.e. dependants, family business, etc) is also helpful.

I would also get a notarized letter stating you will take financial responsibility for all expenses regardless of the nature (medical, travel, food, etc).

It really his a hit or miss thing though. I've heard people get refused with strong cases and also people getting visas with just the basics (just a bank balance).

Reactions: Asma1234