+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

DawEach

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
My lawyer keeps telling me that they dont like it when they get too many papers. i only gave her 140 papers in total, including pictures and everything. is that too much?
i would say take all you can keep the main ones on top, the one with important dates such as anniversary, birthday, valentines and all that. Chats that show that you've been keeping in touch regularly, anything that shows you've been planning for the future. The officer would go through all that and if they find it enough they wont bother looking at the extra ones.
I've had bad experience with the lawyers who asked $7000 just to file my application and did least amount of work, i mean seriously all that money just to arrange papers in order and give advice which can easily be found over these forums. People who are in the same situation are always ready to help and have real life experiences. I paid the lawyer half the amount to find out i was the one doing most of the work and she missed so many points so i did it all by myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: lion.com

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
Hi,

I have submitted my outland spousal application in January. Last update status since April from IRCC:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Can you please explain what could be the reason for staying at the same status for approximately 5 months and when i can expect the PPR.

Thanks

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
Hi,

I have submitted my outland spousal application in January. Last update status since April from IRCC:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Can you please explain what could be the reason for staying at the same status for approximately 5 months and when i can expect the PPR.

Thanks
Hi,

My application said the exact same thing since I linked it way back in like March. Today, I logged in to find that it's been changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

I don't know what they're doing. I'm annoyed though because I was thinking they must be close to getting it done by now.

Just for reference, my application is in Hong Kong.

drai

Mar 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-03-2019
Doc's Request.
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
I did interview on June 15 and waiting for the result within this week.
The most important in interview is to be confident ( not overconfident).
Since I did the interview, I have the following advices for anyone who is in this situation.

#Be calm and don't get nervous. (if you get nervous, you can't even answer simple question).

#When they asked you questions, don't be too smart (straightforward answers, don't give explanation unless they asked you to elaborate it. For example if they asked you about your job, don't try to sell yourself like job interview.

#Every Question is based on application forms (revise all forms before you go interview). But this don't mean that all questions are from forms. Based on your application and Visa officer, the questions differ from candidate to candidate.

#Don't lie⚠ . It's normal not to remember some dates or names etc. If you don't know, just say I'm sorry don't remember that date etc. But be advised not answer all questions or most of it with "I Don't know or I don't remember".

#If you have any red-flag, prepare yourself to address them properly.

Redflags can be significant age gap between spouses, (especially if wife is older than husband) or you visited each other a few times or not all before marriage took place.

#In some countries interview is normal, for submitting new documents or police certificates etc, so don't worry too much.
---------------------------------------
Relax and pray, don't stress too much. InshaAllah one day we will be united with our loved ones.
Can you please provide us with your timeline as my file is also at NDVO and I don’t see any progress

Mr.January

Mar 7, 2019
Our Timeline so far

#January 7, 2019 (App Received)

#February (27,2019 (AOR1)

#March 04, 2019( SA)

#March 17, 2019 (Files transferred to VO)

#April 08, 2019(Biometrics Requested)

#April 10, 2019(Biometrics Done)

#May 02,2019 (Interview Letter sent)

#June 15, 2019 (Interview Done)

#June 06, 2019 (Medical requested)

#June 12, 2019 (Medical Done) and passed.

Waiting for DM!!!!

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Mr.January

Mar 7, 2019
that's a good idea. what else should I bring with you? do you mind elaborating
Check your interview letter, everything is on that letter. It can be different for every country. Example in some countries they will ask for updated police certificate, in others they don't. Also there is no harm if you bring everything that related to case, just to be on save-side.

yoks20

May 14, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vfs manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2019
Doc's Request.
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Anybody here that stucked in background check? Is it a good or bad sign?

Mr.January

Mar 7, 2019
Anybody here that stucked in background check? Is it a good or bad sign?
We all stucked, we all used to receive responses within a month but now two/three months, some of us even five months not update at all. We have no option other than being patient and hope for the best. You aren't alone.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

yoks20

May 14, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vfs manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2019
Doc's Request.
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Yes i just noticed that most delayed are due to BGC wish u all the best too

DawEach

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Can you please provide us with your timeline as my file is also at NDVO and I don’t see any progress https://chat.whatsapp.com/DUW9UlKyhxBBTw6TgTmOfj If we can have January applicants in our NDVO group then it would be more appreciated, as we will be able keep some hopes
Anywhere between 3-6 months following the transfer to NDVO. Most people in this forum have heard from them in 3 months time so that seems like a standard timeline but might take a bit longer too depending on the workload.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Bgc doesnt usually update until the very end. It doesnt mean that you are stuck, it could have been finished long ago, it just hasnt been updated to reflect that. Usually after decision made, you will see the date bgc was completed.

drai

Mar 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-03-2019
Doc's Request.
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Anywhere between 3-6 months following the transfer to NDVO. Most people in this forum have heard from them in 3 months time so that seems like a standard timeline but might take a bit longer too depending on the workload.
I m March 29 applicant. Aor may 09. Biometrics and medical on 22nd may. File transfer to mississauga on may30 and retransferred to NDVO after two months on July30. That means my two at mississauga was literally wasted,NDVO doesn’t count that time.

DawEach

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
I m March 29 applicant. Aor may 09. Biometrics and medical on 22nd may. File transfer to mississauga on may30 and retransferred to NDVO after two months on July30. That means my two at mississauga was literally wasted,NDVO doesn’t count that time.
Exact same issue, It was transferred to mississauga on april 10 and then to NDVO on June 3. Initial transfer to mississauga got me all excited because its known to fast track the applications but here we are.

zainxo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
I CALLED CIC AGAIN TODAY STILL NO UPDATE FOR FILER BEING TRANSFERED TO LONDON ITS STLL IN SYDNEY ITS 8 MONTHS THIS IS SO OVERWHELMING

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I CALLED CIC AGAIN TODAY STILL NO UPDATE FOR FILER BEING TRANSFERED TO LONDON ITS STLL IN SYDNEY ITS 8 MONTHS THIS IS SO OVERWHELMING
If you applied in January it’s 7 months, wait 1-2 more month. Mine was transferred exactly when 8 months were over. Probably it will go to London or Mexico.

Reactions: FVPupnorth