04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Interesting, thanks for the reply!

I think if I had paid the Biometrics fee upfront with everything else I probably would have done them along with my medical in March too. As it stands, we haven't heard anything since the request for proof of Biometrics payment. I get the feeling that this apparent delay for file transfer and radio silence is either going to be a good thing - that they're doing the eligibility/background checks first instead of the usual timeline, and our files might be sent to Mississauga for speedy processing...or a bad thing and we're going to overrun past the 12 month timeframe, stuck in the 2019 backlog well into 2020.

Out of interest what does your GC Key say? I have eligibility review and background checks in process, and my medical exam passed of course, with a request for additional documents. So far we've responded promptly to those requests IRCC have made. No biometrics as mentioned.

Hard to decipher what's going on unless we order case notes, but then they often don't clarify what the issue might be, sometimes even complicating things. I also feel like it's a little too early to be asking for them within the 12-month timeframe.

At least it's somewhat comforting to know that there's others out there going through a similar, unusual timeline. Here's hoping we get some news soon, it's been a solid 4 months of nothing. I'll post updates here when I get them.

P.S. When you got Sponsor Approval, did you also get information of where your file would be transferred for 2nd stage processing? My wife just got SA and that was it, no indication of where the file will be transferred to for AOR2.
That is exactly what I think as well... we didn’t pay biometrics upfront and still waiting for bil letter.... since we paid the fees in February. I am November applicant and file was transferred to London vo in July.

Reactions: Miggs88

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Thanks for the suggestion. However I did call them a few weeks ago and they said they have not yet transferred my file.
Than if they didn’t transfer it yet, it could be London or Mexico visa office. If it’s around 6-7-8 months after submitting your application... also, I saw one case here: a person was around 11 months and kept calling to cic to find out about file transfer, they said that it is still in Sydney. When that person got the notes, it clearly stated that it was in Mississauga. So, such situations happen too...

Reactions: beethoven5

goldentree

Jan 2, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm somewhat new to these forums so apologies if I do ask anything that has already been answered elsewhere.

Ok so without further ado, my situation at the moment as the PA (a Spanish citizen/long time UK resident):

- Outland application sent off mid-January (~17th), but unfortunately we *DID NOT* pay and send Biometrics fee receipt with application.
- Request for document(s) on 7th March. Wording of request is somewhat confusing so I will copy paste here, but we understood it to be a request specifically for the French police certificate (I spent my Erasmus study programme/year abroad in France):

'> Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. Please provide a police certificate from France. This must be received at this office by: 2019/05/07.'

My wife and I sent off both my UK and French police certificates with the application in January, so we were a bit surprised to see this request. Does the wording of that request suggest to send off copies of both UK and French Police certificates or just the French one? We understood it to be a request just for the French Police Certificate as they explicitly ask for that, so we mailed another copy of it to CPC Sydney.

To continue...

- Sponsor Approval at the same time as Police Certificate request (7th March). Successfully linked paper application to GC Key account at same time.
- Request for Medical Exam 8th March. Passed on 17th March.
- Request for proof of Biometrics fee payment on 26th March. Uploaded fee receipt and acknowledgement of upload on 1st April.

Since end of March/beginning of April, nothing. Radio silence. We knew it was going to be a few extra weeks of waiting for the Biometrics but it's been 4 months now of nothing since the medical exam pass and the proof of Biometrics payment upload. I know everyone's timelines differ, in some cases drastically so, but we're 6 months into the process now with no Biometrics done, no news of transfer to Visa Office (as far as we know our application is still at CPC Sydney?), and so we are concerned. Would it be a good idea to ask for our case notes now? Is anyone else experiencing (or has experienced) a similar timeline? Where they actually asking for both UK and French police certificates, not just the French one? Have they just forgotten about our application gathering dust at the bottom of the pile?

Sorry for all the questions! We're just unsure as to what's happening and concerned at the lack of news now for several months at this stage of he process. Any and all info is appreciated. :)
Hello Im in the same boat as you paid biometrics upfront still no request, passed medicals April and haven't heard anything since, hopefully well hear something at 6 - 8 months mark.

beethoven5

Feb 15, 2017
Than if they didn’t transfer it yet, it could be London or Mexico visa office. If it’s around 6-7-8 months after submitting your application... also, I saw one case here: a person was around 11 months and kept calling to cic to find out about file transfer, they said that it is still in Sydney. When that person got the notes, it clearly stated that it was in Mississauga. So, such situations happen too...
Thanks again for the response. Actually our visa office is none of those and it's not also known to be notoriously backlogged! I also don't think the delay in file transfer is necessarily liked to having paid the biometrics fees upfront cause we paid the biometrics upfront and did both the bio and medical in March and like I said waiting for the file transfer for 4 months now.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Thanks again for the response. Actually our visa office is none of those and it's not also known to be notoriously backlogged! I also don't think the delay in file transfer is necessarily liked to having paid the biometrics fees upfront cause we paid the biometrics upfront and did both the bio and medical in March and like I said waiting for the file transfer for 4 months now.
Well, it was not my visa office either. I am from Ukraine and for some reason it was sent to London... not Ukraine or any other country nearby... probably biometrics I was replying to some other persons post:) got mixed up a little...

Reactions: beethoven5

Mr.January

Mar 7, 2019
I have an interview in AMMAN VISA OFFICE on August 25th 2019.
my husband completed biometrics and his health exam.
i am nervous for the interview, im worried, any advice?
also we are allowed to bring more documents,
i have text messages and a few receipts, etc. should the text messages include sexual conversation? or should that not be included
I did interview on June 15 and waiting for the result within this week.
The most important in interview is to be confident ( not overconfident).
Since I did the interview, I have the following advices for anyone who is in this situation.

#Be calm and don't get nervous. (if you get nervous, you can't even answer simple question).

#When they asked you questions, don't be too smart (straightforward answers, don't give explanation unless they asked you to elaborate it. For example if they asked you about your job, don't try to sell yourself like job interview.

#Every Question is based on application forms (revise all forms before you go interview). But this don't mean that all questions are from forms. Based on your application and Visa officer, the questions differ from candidate to candidate.

#Don't lie⚠ . It's normal not to remember some dates or names etc. If you don't know, just say I'm sorry don't remember that date etc. But be advised not answer all questions or most of it with "I Don't know or I don't remember".

#If you have any red-flag, prepare yourself to address them properly.

Redflags can be significant age gap between spouses, (especially if wife is older than husband) or you visited each other a few times or not all before marriage took place.

#In some countries interview is normal, for submitting new documents or police certificates etc, so don't worry too much.
---------------------------------------
Relax and pray, don't stress too much. InshaAllah one day we will be united with our loved ones.

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
Hi everyone, I'm somewhat new to these forums so apologies if I do ask anything that has already been answered elsewhere.

Ok so without further ado, my situation at the moment as the PA (a Spanish citizen/long time UK resident):

- Outland application sent off mid-January (~17th), but unfortunately we *DID NOT* pay and send Biometrics fee receipt with application.
- Request for document(s) on 7th March. Wording of request is somewhat confusing so I will copy paste here, but we understood it to be a request specifically for the French police certificate (I spent my Erasmus study programme/year abroad in France):

'> Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. Please provide a police certificate from France. This must be received at this office by: 2019/05/07.'

My wife and I sent off both my UK and French police certificates with the application in January, so we were a bit surprised to see this request. Does the wording of that request suggest to send off copies of both UK and French Police certificates or just the French one? We understood it to be a request just for the French Police Certificate as they explicitly ask for that, so we mailed another copy of it to CPC Sydney.

To continue...

- Sponsor Approval at the same time as Police Certificate request (7th March). Successfully linked paper application to GC Key account at same time.
- Request for proof of Biometrics fee payment on 26th March. Uploaded fee receipt and acknowledgement of upload on 1st April.

Since end of March/beginning of April, nothing. Radio silence. We knew it was going to be a few extra weeks of waiting for the Biometrics but it's been 4 months now of nothing since the medical exam pass and the proof of Biometrics payment upload. I know everyone's timelines differ, in some cases drastically so, but we're 6 months into the process now with no Biometrics done, no news of transfer to Visa Office (as far as we know our application is still at CPC Sydney?), and so we are concerned. Would it be a good idea to ask for our case notes now? Is anyone else experiencing (or has experienced) a similar timeline? Where they actually asking for both UK and French police certificates, not just the French one? Have they just forgotten about our application gathering dust at the bottom of the pile?

Sorry for all the questions! We're just unsure as to what's happening and concerned at the lack of news now for several months at this stage of the process. Any and all info is appreciated. :)

I am in the exact same boat as you . Haven’t had biometrics request or file transfer yet . Also paid biometrics in March . Like I don’t know what going on but this not hearing anything for almost four months now is incredibly brutal for me and my husband.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I did interview on June 15 and waiting for the result within this week.
The most important in interview is to be confident ( not overconfident).
Since I did the interview, I have the following advices for anyone who is in this situation.

#Be calm and don't get nervous. (if you get nervous, you can't even answer simple question).

#When they asked you questions, don't be too smart (straightforward answers, don't give explanation unless they asked you to elaborate it. For example if they asked you about your job, don't try to sell yourself like job interview.

#Every Question is based on application forms (revise all forms before you go interview). But this don't mean that all questions are from forms. Based on your application and Visa officer, the questions differ from candidate to candidate.

#Don't lie⚠ . It's normal not to remember some dates or names etc. If you don't know, just say I'm sorry don't remember that date etc. But be advised not answer all questions or most of it with "I Don't know or I don't remember".

#If you have any red-flag, prepare yourself to address them properly.

Redflags can be significant age gap between spouses, (especially if wife is older than husband) or you visited each other a few times or not all before marriage took place.

#In some countries interview is normal, for submitting new documents or police certificates etc, so don't worry too much.
---------------------------------------
Relax and pray, don't stress too much. InshaAllah one day we will be united with our loved ones.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience!!! Hope soon you unite with your spouse!!!

Mr.January

Mar 7, 2019
i have text messages and a few receipts, etc. should the text messages include sexual conversation? or should that not be included
You're allowed to show them everything but don't make it the center of attention. Also Recharge your phone take it with you, sometimes they ask for phone to see chats of (WhatsApp, IMO, Viber, Telegram etc).

Miggs88

Jul 26, 2019
I called IRCC a while back and they said they are processing our security screening. The operator said however, for the cases when the security is done before the file transfer, they try to do most of the work at IRCC in parallel to the screening, so after the file transfer it would take shorter for the local office to process the case (don't know how solid of a fact this is though!).
Thanks for the info! I think either myself or my wife will give them a call soon too. I'm guessing you rang the number listed in the 'contact us' section of the cic webpage?

Yeah I have a suspicion that it's the same case for all of us in the same boat here, that they're trying to do a lot of the eligibility and background checks while our applications are still at Sydney, to alleviate some of the pressure on the backlogged VOs. It's just a hunch based on what I already suspected, but what you've said here seems to support that hunch. We could be on a slightly different timeline to the usual process, with our file transfer and biometrics possibly happening towards the end rather than the beginning. All we can do in the meantime is to be patient, but it's also a good idea to keep each other posted on here if any of us gets any news, case updates or insight into what's going on.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Miggs88

Jul 26, 2019
That is exactly what I think as well... we didn’t pay biometrics upfront and still waiting for bil letter.... since we paid the fees in February. I am November applicant and file was transferred to London vo in July.
Wow you've had an even longer wait (so far). That sucks. I get the feeling that Nov./Dec. 2018 applicants are just getting their files transferred to VOs now in July/August, and *hopefully* for us not-so-lucky Jan 2019 applicants that are stuck in this unusual timeline, we start getting our BILs and files transferred sometime in August or September too. One can hope that's the case anyway. Keep us posted on here if you get any news or updates.

Miggs88

Jul 26, 2019
I am in the exact same boat as you . Haven’t had biometrics request or file transfer yet . Also paid biometrics in March . Like I don’t know what going on but this not hearing anything for almost four months now is incredibly brutal for me and my husband.
It's tough isn't it. Brutal is almost an understatement - it's weeks and weeks of impatience and anxiety without hearing anything, your future plans with loved ones all up in the air. I feel like they can seriously improve this process by having a bit more transparency and feedback as to where our applications are currently at and what stage they're in at all times. And of course, hire more agents and set up more VOs to reduce the overall waiting times and backlogs.

All I can say is keep the faith, stay patient, and keep us posted if you hear anything or get any updates.

I'll do the same if I get any news on my end.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived

To continue...

Sorry for all the questions! We're just unsure as to what's happening and concerned at the lack of news now for several months at this stage of the process. Any and all info is appreciated. :)
My timeline is very similar to yours except we were asked for biometrics and medical exams the same day. I'm following. Let me know if you get any updates. I also find it strange it has been so long with no news

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived

To continue...

We are the same. We have heard nothing since the end of March and our timeline is similar :

January 8, 2019 application delivered

February 27, 2019 application accepted email

March 26, 2019 requested biometrics

March 27, 2019 sponsor approved

March 27, 2019 requested medical exams

March 29, 2019 submitted medical exams and biometrics

I find it strange that so many have got approved and I haven't heard anything